Encounter with State Police and K9 Today WOW - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Encounter with State Police and K9 Today WOW

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Whether or not Trophyhunter did right.... the officers still violated his 4th amendment rights after they determined he was in lawful possession of the prescription medication. As far as actually being medicated while carrying - that depends on state law. For example in Washington, there is no law against carrying a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or lawfully possessed medication.
    You are right on this statement, but?, Aggrivating LEO's is never smart, In all my years carring a firearm, I have never had any negative encounters with LEO's, just luck?, maybe, mannerism? more than likely, Here in NV, the law is, you must inform, How the OP handled this encounter was, In my opinion?, the correct way to handle it, filing a complaint on a LEO, for something like this, even if it sticks?, LEO's are a tight group, Can make life a little more taxing than you might like, It is also my opinion, that the more encounters likie this one, that end this way, the less they will happen, Make an enemy of one LEO?, you end up with more than one,

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Jarman View Post
    Here in NV, the law is, you must inform,
    Please stop posting this BS! There is NO LAW IN NEVADA REQUIRING YOU TO INFORM OFFICERS! If you think there is, then post the dang statute that says it! You keep posting this BS, but you have yet to be able to post the statute that requires it.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Please stop posting this BS! There is NO LAW IN NEVADA REQUIRING YOU TO INFORM OFFICERS! If you think there is, then post the dang statute that says it! You keep posting this BS, but you have yet to be able to post the statute that requires it.
    Last time i re-new'd my CCW, was told by instructor, new law was passed where you must inform!, just looked up and found you are correct, just spoke with range where I was told this by there instructor, asking them to please instruct there instructor to not spread this as law, But your rude uncalled for statements are not needed nor valid, SO YOU AND YOUR ATTITUDE CAN GO STRAIGHT TO WHERE THE DEVIL LIVES

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Jarman View Post
    Last time i re-new'd my CCW, was told by instructor, new law was passed where you must inform!, just looked up and found you are correct, just spoke with range where I was told this by there instructor, asking them to please instruct there instructor to not spread this as law, But your rude uncalled for statements are not needed nor valid, SO YOU AND YOUR ATTITUDE CAN GO STRAIGHT TO WHERE THE DEVIL LIVES
    Well, at least I pissed you off enough to research and find the correct answer. I might suggest you also invest in a dictionary and maybe an English class or two.

It seems as if the largest sources of misinformation regarding firearms laws are CCW instructors, law enforcement officers and a few gun dealers.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Jarman View Post
    SO YOU AND YOUR ATTITUDE CAN GO STRAIGHT TO WHERE THE DEVIL LIVES
    You want him to go to Chicago???

Man, that's cold!

It seems as if the largest sources of misinformation regarding firearms laws are CCW instructors, law enforcement officers and a few gun dealers.
    That seems to be the case.

8. Thanks for this post. Being new, this is something I hadn't really thought about until ur post. Thanks again

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910