Encounter with State Police and K9 Today WOW - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Encounter with State Police and K9 Today WOW

Hate to say it but I think you brought this on yourself. Unless you have a valid reason don't approach the cops
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Just for fun, if you smoke and drive, you are driving under the influence of an addicting agent, Nictoine is an addicting agent. Check your state regs as some states the wording may mess you over. Peace, Love, Colt 45

Agreed Nj is the arm pit of America. (former 20 year resident)

Trophyhunter..It seems that you and the police don't interact very nicely! I will take this as a lesson learned. And for all the people jumping on your back for the way you handled things..They need to lighten up. First off you were with your family, children included and you were IMMEDIATELY put on the spot. There was no warning, no flashing lights, no time to think. It is easy to sit here behind the keyboard and say....I would have done this or that, however I think they couldn't know their reaction unless it happend to them. Bottom line is you left with your meds and your weapon, along with your family, Not in a police cruiser. I can imagine this all took place in a matter of moments.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Whether or not Trophyhunter did right.... the officers still violated his 4th amendment rights after they determined he was in lawful possession of the prescription medication.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Does the thought of the constitution scare an officer? Have a tissue...

All these “Generic Bad experience W/ A Cop” threads would come to a screeching halt is we just followed some simple rules
    1. If you are pulled over by ( or otherwise interact W/ ) a cop, unless you are legally required to do so or you know (I.E. If you are about to get patted down he's going to find your weapon) do not inform the cop that you are armed (this assumes you are, of course, legally armed)

2. Make the cop tell you why he pulled you over (I.E. Do you know why I pulled you over tonight Mr. Potential detainee? “No Officer I haven’t a clue please tell me.

3. When he tells you why he pulled you over do not argue (I.E. Ok officer I’ll take my ticket now”) You can fight it in court later.

4. Never ever, ever, ever consent to a search. Ever. If they tell you they’ll get a warrant tell them to go for it.

5. Under no circumstances answer questions or make a statement of any kind with out your lawyer present.

6. A traffic stop’s a given, they pull you over you're not free to go. Other than that as soon as they contact you ask. If they say you are free to go, go if they say you’re not ask for your lawyer and shut up.

7. Never make small talk with a cop (I.E. ‘where are you coming from tonight Mr. Potential detainee?’ “From conducting my lawful private business officer, am I free to go?”). Cops don’t make small talk. If you talk to a cop long enough you will say something he can use against you

8. Never willingly place yourself in a position to interact w/ the police

Follow these simple rules every time you interact with a cop and we won’t have anymore of these threads I promise
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Well, yes, G. Officers seem to be quite afraid of civilians with firearms. And we've already established that most police do not have more than a cursory knowledge of the laws they enforce, which is both befuddling and frightening.

Nice post Treo!

Here is a nice video for those that think he is being to stand of-ish. Remember, the cops job is to seek out bad guys. What's more, bad guys tend to look just like good guys. The ones that are not in prison at least.

"Don't Talk to the Police" by Professor James Duane

10. After 2 surgeries and 10 years of pain I find myself being prescribed narcotics to be taken 5-6 times a day. Being on them for so long the effects have all but left. I can function completely normal as verified by my doctor. I am 39 and have to use a cane to walk around. If not on my meds then I can not walk. If anyone needs a weapon to even the playing field it definately is the disabled. Talk about easy targets. While elevating your awareness level does help, nothing I can do will take the target off my back from anyone looking for an easy mark. I have and will continue to carry concealed as I feel it is my only chance to stop a determined attacker.
    PS. Taking someone in for a piss test is really a bunch of BS. The test doesn't tell when you have taken the medication, only that you have taken it. So if you were not taking your meds while carrying, the test would have burried you, showing a positive result because you took it the previous night or whenever.

Titaniumman, thank you , and yes this was an split second situation plus I was holding my 4 year old. I did what I thought was in the best interest of m myself and, my children. Plus there is nothing wrong with Intereacting with LEOs and I'm not remotely concerned with stupid comments this was meant as an education purposes to heighten our awareness on perscription meds and CCW ing but thank you for your support

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast