Encounter with State Police and K9 Today WOW - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Encounter with State Police and K9 Today WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I am more surprised when a cop knows the law than I'd be if I saw a Sasquatch walk across Public Square in downtown Cleveland and into the Terminal Tower. Not all cops are ignorant (or disdainful) of the law, but that's where the smart money is.
    It's not (IMO) a question of ignorance. Most cops will just tell you what puts them in the best position. With one exception, every cop I have ever met in Colorado has insisted that I must inform them I am carrying a weapon immediately on contact. The exception got out his statute book and looked it up and said no.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It's not (IMO) a question of ignorance. Most cops will just tell you what puts them in the best position. With one exception, every cop I have ever met in Colorado has insisted that I must inform them I am carrying a weapon immediately on contact. The exception got out his statute book and looked it up and said no.
    That's specifically why I intentionally included "disdainful".

4. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Are you detaining me Officer or am I free to go ?
    I'm not resisting, but I do not consent to any searches.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Are you detaining me Officer or am I free to go ?
    Quote Originally Posted by fied1k View Post
    I'm not resisting, but I do not consent to any searches.
    Is it really necessary for these handcuffs to be this tight?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I Purchased, New York States Gun Laws Book, by LooseLeaf Law Publications.Written by Lt. Leo Thomas Retired New York State Police Which has all the Laws, and Regulations of NYS.www.looseleaflaw.com

7. I agree with LCDR. The fuzz hassled you for no legitimate reason. In my state, the CCW regs specify no alcohol or ILLEGAL drugs. Also agree that you should steer clear of ANY fuzz when packing. The only LEO I'm comfortable being near when packing is a close relative of mine. Semi OK with the county Sheriff since I've known him a long time and we've already had a long talk about the subject.

Question, Just how old are you that you call LEO'S the FUZZ I have not heard anyone call LEO'S that since my children were little.
    Are you even old enough to have a CCW.
    Bill

In N.Y.S. you have NO duty to inform that you are carrying. However it IS tied to your drivers license.

carrying when w/ meds

I do not believe we should forgo our 2nd ammemdment rights when we have prescription drugs. or are using prescription drugs. I believe the troopers that gave you a hard time were out of line

Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    I do not believe we should forgo our 2nd ammemdment rights when we have prescription drugs. or are using prescription drugs. I believe the troopers that gave you a hard time were out of line
    Yeah but that amoxicillin I get prescribed for an occational sinus issue makes me realy mean.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast