Ohio Police Encounter - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Police Encounter

1. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    People want the ccw holder to sue..eh i don't agree, but that is just my opinion.
    In your opinion, what WOULD be grounds to sue one?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    The wellspring of ALL gun control in North America is racial, ethnic and religious bias.
    Gun control in Germany was instituted to disarm Jews. American gun control has roots in keeping slaves disarmed. Visit jpfo.org and get the video called "No Guns for Negro's" which shows just how our gun control in fact does have racist roots. Nowadays, the elite government types on the left want Americans disarmed simply to make in easier, if not to make it possible, to make it easier to control us and take us where they want us to go, right down the road with Greece, Cuba and England... All hail ObaMao! Er, Buck oFama.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:214720
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    People want the ccw holder to sue..eh i don't agree, but that is just my opinion.
    In your opinion, what WOULD be grounds to sue one?
    My opinion is unless it caused some amount of wealth, suing for money for wrong doing is weak. Charging the officer with a crime is justified. If they put a felony on the ccw, suing to clear is record is justified. Sheep dogs just waiting for their blaze of glory reminds me of people waiting for their early retirement because a bad guy hurt their feelings.

That's my opinion, I don't mind otherso opinions on suing. I just like earning my money.

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Gun control in Germany was instituted to disarm Jews. American gun control has roots in keeping slaves disarmed. Visit jpfo.org and get the video called "No Guns for Negro's" which shows just how our gun control in fact does have racist roots.
    You beat me too it on that one. Can't let those silly blacks and Jews get their hands on guns now can we?

6. canton is where the policeofficer killed his pregnant girlfriend and is in stark co where they did all the unlawful strip search on women for no real reason by male and female policeofficers. nice people they got there on those police depts.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
    ...is in stark co where they did all the unlawful strip search on women for no real reason by male and female policeofficers.
    Maybe that's where they came up with the term, cop a feel.

wow sorry to hear that

I am not an Ohio resident but I travel there and carry a copy of the law with me. I have an out of state permit that is supposed to be honored in Ohio. That is why I carry a copy of the law with me. I also carry my attorneys card and have legal fee insurance. But you do give me pause I am sorry to hear you were ill treated.
    I was just stopped in my home state the other day as soon as I saw the lights I put my wallet on the dash took out my license and my permit and handed both over, kept both hands out the window. The Officer asked me if I had a weapon in the car and I said yes I do he wanted to know where and I told him where I carry it. He said well lets just leave it there shall we? I said yes sir. After he came back to me car he handed my cards back and I realized I had accidentally handed him my club id card which tells him I am a paying member of the range that lets his department practice for free. I got a fix it ticket. We might all try to have some community involvement with our police
    Dept. It is a little harder to be nasty to people that are helpful to you. I took care of fix and had the ticket signed off that day. We really are members of the single most law abiding community in the country. Maybe some day the police will realize that. Hopefully
    Last edited by jimmyjohn; 08-15-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjohn View Post
    I was just stopped in my home state the other day as soon as I saw the lights I put my wallet on the dash took out my license and my permit and handed both over kept noth hands out the window.
    In Ohio that would NOT be considered proper notification. It must be verbal. Of course Officer Harless made sure that the victim in Canton COULDN'T verbally inform.

I will remember that. I will make it verbal if it ever happens in Ohio. I would bet it would not hold up in court though, there are reasons people can not speak and or times when one can not be heard, formal written notification would seem to be adequate in any event. However I was about to speak after I handed him the permit, I even hesitated when the officer said weapon. I was taught to always say firearm rather than gun or weapon.
    I do remember however when I was living in Detroit it made the news the night the police surrounded a man crossing the highway at night behind a road block when told to put up his hands he reached into his pocket and died in a hail of bullets. When the police rolled him over to see what he had in his hand. He was holding a card that said he was a deaf mute (not an urban legend it made the morning news and papers).The police said they will never know if he was the man they were looking for, he matched the description (sort of, on a dark and stormy night).

Some how we have to work together to get a better reputation and let the police know that they work for us. This out of control government stuff needs to stop. Over half the population now works for the government that leaves 50% to pay the taxes that pay their wages and cover the interest on the national debt and 18% of them are out of work and over 46 million are on food stamps. This is really an amazing country when only 32% of the population can pay for all of that. Just imagine,really just imagine if we could only double the number of people that were working what we could do. No wonder the world envies us. We just let the wrong people manage us sorry guys we all share in this mess and the people that perpetuate it are down right evil bastards (just in case that seems unduly harsh or might be a violation of our language rules for this venue) I mean it in the biblical sense i.e. they are not our sons and should have no right to the future inheritance of this country. This country is a beautiful place because of its' rich mix of all races and freedom, there is nothing like it anywhere else in the whole world and we need to preserve it. We need to all step up and speak against evil people. What did the poet say a coward dies a thousand times and a brave man dies but once. If you think it is coincidence that the politicians are burning up the lives of our bravest and best in how many wars now?. Think again.

Thank god it worked out well for this armed citizen.... He was in court today, and the judge dismissed the case against him, he will not face any charges and will be able to remain a armed citizen!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast