Ohio Police Encounter - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ohio Police Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post
    Thank god it worked out well for this armed citizen.... He was in court today, and the judge dismissed the case against him, he will not face any charges and will be able to remain a armed citizen!
    1. Officer Harless has a disciplinary hearing on 12/01... unless the union can convince the city that he's still bark at the moon nuts and gets it postponed again. His previous hearing was pushed back because as the union put it, he was "unable to contribute to his own defense".
    2. The planned lawsuit against Harless, Diels and Canton is going to be UGLY since the victim ALREADY has a judicial finding (from the trial judge) that his 4th Amendment rights were violated. Good luck overcoming THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    1. Officer Harless has a disciplinary hearing on 12/01... unless the union can convince the city that he's still bark at the moon nuts and gets it postponed again. His previous hearing was pushed back because as the union put it, he was "unable to contribute to his own defense".
    2. The planned lawsuit against Harless, Diels and Canton is going to be UGLY since the victim ALREADY has a judicial finding (from the trial judge) that his 4th Amendment rights were violated. Good luck overcoming THAT.
    I for one will be cheering for the victim. Hopefully this will be tried in a Federal Court so that it doesn't get bogged down and that the Canton PD gets some Federal oversight.

Make that another person that will be cheering for the victim. Just think how many times something like this has happened and the video mysteriously disappears.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    Make that another person that will be cheering for the victim. Just think how many times something like this has happened and the video mysteriously disappears.
    A previous (his only one?) reprimand was for turning off the dash cam.

There are in fact THREE videos of Harless having virtually identical psychotic breaks... that we know of.

I would like to think that all police departments would start to weed out these loose cannons if nothing else because of the liability. It would not surprise me that their insurance premiums would go up after a few law suites. There just seems to be more and more cases of events/abuse like this occurring all over the country.
    Just look at how the TASER has come into "fashion". Once reserved as the last step before lethal force now it's a common tool.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345