Ohio Police Encounter
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio Police Encounter

Ohio Police Encounter

Ohioans For Concealed Carry Discussion Forums • View topic - Encounter - bad, really bad

This is the second contrived "failure to notify" case of which I'm aware. The first was in Beachwood, Ohio and went to trial, the victim of course being acquitted.

This and the previous case are examples of pure malice on the part of police during an encounter.

The offer to drop the charges in exchange for immunity from suit is proof positive that the prosecutor knows he has no case... and that he's an extortionist.

Hopefully, this will be the stake through the heart of the notification requirement in Ohio. Cops have proved they can't be trusted with it, so it needs to be taken away from them.

And people ask me why I don't trust police...

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Hopefully, this will be the stake through the heart of the notification requirement in Ohio. Cops have proved they can't be trusted with it, so it needs to be taken away from them.
    Would it be more correct to say that the citizens' 4th Amendment rights should be restored to them?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Would it be more correct to say that the citizens' 4th Amendment rights should be restored to them?
    It's also a 5th Amendment issue.

This almost seems to be a civil rights issue - if this video is released & the description of its contents are proven accurate, I would hope that the person who was involved pushes the issue. Where the issue is to be pushed, I'll leave it to the imagination...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I don't disagree with mandatory notification of Ccw if you are carrying. Just like when a over the top gun nut causes public out cry for stricter gun laws that only hurt the honest. We can't call for eliminating mandatory notification due to an over th top crazy police officer. I rather notify the normal Leo ahead of time than have a misunderstanding on the officers part as to why I have a gun escalate into something worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mgttrmn View Post
    I don't disagree with mandatory notification of Ccw if you are carrying. Just like when a over the top gun nut causes public out cry for stricter gun laws that only hurt the honest. We can't call for eliminating mandatory notification due to an over th top crazy police officer. I rather notify the normal Leo ahead of time than have a misunderstanding on the officers part as to why I have a gun escalate into something worse.
    Mandatory notification is nothing more than harassment of lawful gun owners and carriers. No armed robber or drug dealer is going to notify, nor do they even HAVE to, since it's a 5th Amendment violation.

And this is NOT the FIRST time this has happened in Ohio. It's AT LEAST the second. Who knows how many other times it's happened, but the victim was intimidated with similar death threats?

Sorry, Ohio police have proved they can't be trusted with notification. They need to have it taken away from them.

Sorry, Ohio police have proved they can't be trusted with notification. They need to have it taken away from them.
    Bad sheepdog, no more CCW Badges for you.

Now if only we can get rid of the blatently racially biased "may-issue" system in California.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Bad sheepdog, no more CCW Badges for you.

Now if only we can get rid of the blatently racially biased "may-issue" system in California.
    The wellspring of ALL gun control in North America is racial, ethnic and religious bias.

The wellspring of ALL gun control in North America is racial, ethnic and religious bias.
    Because we wouldn't want the blacks or the gay and lesbians or the muzlims carrying firearms now would we?

I'm well over 55, been carrying since I was 25, with never a bad incident, and most of those years without a CHL (I know, illegal). Now I have a non-resident CHL from Utah which is legal in the state I live in. I got caught in a speed trap for 5 over the other day (no tickets or previous stops in over 20 years). I purposefully did not notify. Also, I was not asked if a gun was in the car or on my person. If I was asked, I would have been truthful. In my state, the cops know if you have the same state's CHL, but we still don't have to notify, only answer truthfully if asked. Also, didn't get a speeding ticket. I think the cops know by profiling who's a potential problem and who isn't.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast