First time stopped whiile carrying, Positive!-Northern MI - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First time stopped whiile carrying, Positive!-Northern MI

'Glad you got out of it OK...can't help smiling though. I have a young one like you (he doesn't drive a Ford!), can't resist peeling either, even when I am on board.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Firearms photos :: My glock 22 with the Crimson Trace and Rick with his 23 picture by SgtBill - Photobucket
    This is me and my Brother in law with his Shelby GT-500 I am the good looking one on the left.
    LOL Bill

33 years ago I was coming home on my motorcycle. I ran it up to 110 mph down a straight away stopped at the stop light, took off hard, ran it up to 80 mph, slowed down and turned in my neighborhood as I pulled into my garage I got off the motorcycle and turned around to see a state trooper pulling into the drive way. I kept my mouth shut and let him talk. I figured the first words out of his mouth were going to be Your under arrest, but luckily he had just topped the hill and spotted me as I shot through the intersection at the stop light. He thought I ran the light. I told him where the other cars were and that I had taken off hard on the throttle. He accepted my explanation, turned to leave, stopped, turned around and said "I couldn't tell how fast you were going down the backside of that hill, but you were moving pretty good." Then he got in his patrol car and left. There are good law enforcement officers out there.

5. Did he ask you for your CPL, why did you show him your CPL if he never ask... Should we let them know that we have a CPL??

Quote Originally Posted by solopr View Post
    Did he ask you for your CPL, why did you show him your CPL if he never ask... Should we let them know that we have a CPL??
    33 years ago I was 19 , too young to buy a handgun, and concealed carry permits didn't exist. So No, He didn't ask.

Its always nice to hear the positive experiences. Sounds Great!

I have the same car and even at 56 it's hard to drive her easy, and I'm retired LEO!

9. My first and only encounter: Inspection sticker expired (yearly requirement in Texas) Just slipped my mind and was 2 weeks past due. A motorcycle LEO pulled me over and i had no idea why , so i pulled over, cut engine and kept hands on the wheel. Soon as he got to the window i announced that my gun was between my legs lol , you see i have a "Jamaican Holster" it straps to the seat and keeps your gun at the front of the seat between your knee's. I asked if i could reach in my rear pocket for my ID and CHL. He finally realized that i wasnt joking and said it was ok. I produced the 2 ID's and he asked that i keep my hands on the wheel and i replied that i would. He wrote me a ticket that cost me $20 after i got the inspection sticker updated.

10. Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Rock1953 View Post
    My first and only encounter: Inspection sticker expired (yearly requirement in Texas) Just slipped my mind and was 2 weeks past due. A motorcycle LEO pulled me over and i had no idea why , so i pulled over, cut engine and kept hands on the wheel. Soon as he got to the window i announced that my gun was between my legs lol , you see i have a "Jamaican Holster" it straps to the seat and keeps your gun at the front of the seat between your knee's. I asked if i could reach in my rear pocket for my ID and CHL. He finally realized that i wasnt joking and said it was ok. I produced the 2 ID's and he asked that i keep my hands on the wheel and i replied that i would. He wrote me a ticket that cost me $20 after i got the inspection sticker updated.
    Oklahoma dropped the inspection and sticker stupid deal, it was costing the State more then it was bringing in and since it really was all about the money, Oklahoma could care less about the condition of the Autos and Trucks on their roads.
    It's all about the money they can grind out of people,Oklahoma has the worst roads and City streets of any State in the USA and also I might add the worst drivers or as I call them herders.

I've been pulled over three or four times for a random check and haven't had a bad experience yet. If your polite their usually polite in return.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast