Police Raid My House Searching For Roomate - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Raid My House Searching For Roomate

I recently received a call from local LE because they were called by one of my tenants baby mama's that he was going to end it all and kill himself. They waited patiently for me to arrive with the key, and when I discovered the tenant had in fact changed the locks on me, they continued to wait for the locksmith to arrive. There was no one home in the end, and when I reached my tenant by phone later in the day and told him what had occurred, he claimed to have zero idea of what I was talking about... but thankfully, no one was dead in my apartment, and no doors were broken down, and most certainly, SWAT wasn't used for something like that.

Put your arms up and refuse to put them down. If they insist, ask what crime you are being charged with? You are compliant and non threatening. 25-30 people should give at least a few witnesses if it goes beyond this.

Then you've got a nice civil rights case, and probably a boat load of money......
    "No matter how one approaches the figures, one is forced to the rather startling conclusion that the use of firearms in crime was very much less when there were no controls of any sort and when anyone, convicted criminal or lunatic, could buy any type of firearm without restriction. Half a century of strict controls on pistols has ended, perversely, with a far greater use of this weapon in crime than ever before."

-- Colin Greenwood

Put your arms up and refuse to put them down. If they insist, ask what crime you are being charged with? You are compliant and non threatening. 25-30 people should give at least a few witnesses if it goes beyond this.

Then you've got a nice civil rights case, and probably a boat load of money......
    "No matter how one approaches the figures, one is forced to the rather startling conclusion that the use of firearms in crime was very much less when there were no controls of any sort and when anyone, convicted criminal or lunatic, could buy any type of firearm without restriction. Half a century of strict controls on pistols has ended, perversely, with a far greater use of this weapon in crime than ever before."

-- Colin Greenwood

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    This may be part of what my wife refers to as the "Dumbing Down" of America.
    And just in case we're not quite there yet... "No Child Left Behind."
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Have you tried litigation? Lately, that seems to be the only way to let people know that they have acted illegally. Don't let this issue rest. Commit to pursuing it until they are long sick of hearing about it, and they'll eventually roll over.
    i agree.. i think i would hire a lawyer... only way to get there attention these days
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

7. that is scary, I'm guessing you where not carrying when they called you outside?

Similar situation happened to a friend-of-a-friend of mine. He was rooming with a guy who had pretended to be 15 to get naughty pictures of an underage girl on MySpace, then posted the pictures to her friends.

Because of the highly public nature of the case, the police came busting through the door unannounced and put everyone in the apartment in cuffs. The guy wasn't even there, but at least two of the five guys living in the apartment owned semi-auto rifles, which were promptly confiscated along with all the computers and not returned for weeks.

There was no evidence whatsoever that the guy was a violent person, just a pervert. Yet the police came through the door like he had threatened to kill the President. Just lovely.
    Fred's News
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - - Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Wow! I think it's just crazy how the LEO's are permitted to overreact like that. I agree the LEO's do have a difficult Job to do But I believe that this is Major Overkill and they should be held accountable for their Mistake , I know we would be.

10. Quote Originally Posted by fredmaidment View Post
    Similar situation happened to a friend-of-a-friend of mine. He was rooming with a guy who had pretended to be 15 to get naughty pictures of an underage girl on MySpace, then posted the pictures to her friends.

Because of the highly public nature of the case, the police came busting through the door unannounced and put everyone in the apartment in cuffs. The guy wasn't even there, but at least two of the five guys living in the apartment owned semi-auto rifles, which were promptly confiscated along with all the computers and not returned for weeks.

There was no evidence whatsoever that the guy was a violent person, just a pervert. Yet the police came through the door like he had threatened to kill the President. Just lovely.
    What happens if you shoot one coming in the door with a "no-knock"... provided the other cops don't kill you before the press shows up? Reasonable fear of death? or Cop shooter

I can only add that people act like this because they CAN !!
    who or what do we have in place to police our police???
    Nobody!!
    Internal Affairs? they only act AFTER the fact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12