local police lost my respect last weekend - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: local police lost my respect last weekend

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I deal with more racial predjuices in a week than most Americans deal with in a lifetime. You said that where you live there are very few blacks. I believe that. Where I live the ratio is closer to 50/50 and where I work it is about 65/35 black majority. I grew up in the Deep South only 15 miles from where the original Brown vs. BOE started. I have watched the KKK burn a cross and hold a rally 100 yards from my house. I have high school friend with an IQ of 60 sitting in jail right now supposedly for lynching a black man. Don't come here with me not knowing about racial predjuice.

    I did not say that they story was not true but only that there is more to it that what you have posted. When I see on the national news that cops in Medford OR drug a man out of his house and beat him, the carries him off into the woods to beat him some more simply because he was black I will believe it and apologize to everyone involved. I don't even have to have the part about his son getting whipped with flashlights the next day for no reason and the wife getting arrested on such trumped up charges. If that is all there is to that story then I suggest you get out of there ASAP because it is no longer part of the US.
    Which happened first, the media publishing stories about Officer Daniel Harless of the Canton Police Department or Ohioans for Concealed Carry posting the dashcam video on the internet?

    How long did the Danziger Bridge murders in New Orleans take to hit the mainstream media?

    Just because something isn't in the media doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Then again most of us are white and don't have to deal with daily racial prejudice.
    Notice of Extinction - Educated white male.

    C'mon. Who is treated more unfairly by society? Everyone has their hand in our pocket.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  4. #33
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Far Northern Taxifornia
    Posts
    20
    This should be a lesson: Don't forget that we do not have to open the door.

  5. #34
    I do not doubt that somnething happened and there will probably be repercussions about this and my eventually make national news. However the fact that two leo simply saw a black man riving through town and decided 15 minutes later to go drag him out of his house and beat him with no reason or provocation other than being black is a little hard to believe. Then for them to call backup who stand by while the victim is taken away and beaten even more all just because he is black is even harder to believe. If this had happened in the 1800's or possibly even up to the 1930's in the South or 1950's in the North I could believe it. However for this to occur in the 21st century in the US and for it to be condoned by the local police force as SOP is more than I can believe especially in a city of 75,000. If it had happened in some rural county where there are only two LEO then possibly but to say that the beating of black men is standard procedure and no one cares otherwise in Medford, Oregon is more than I can take.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cataw. Co. NC.
    Posts
    135
    I think a minimal of two years college education should be required before someone can apply to become a police officer and a bachelors, masters, or a doctorate degree should be required before an officer can be promoted to a higher rank.
    If we want to reduce the horror stories of police brutality then we must be willing to pay more taxes for a truly professional police force.

  7. Never happen. A few years ago, I followed the story of a man in his 40's who'd always wanted to be a cop. His local PD advertised they were hiring. So he took their entrance exam and passed with the highest score they'd ever seen. They rejected him because it was "too smart to be a police officer." It's hardly surprising that a reasonably well read man in his 40's would know a lot more than a kid in his early 20's, including how to take tests - but remember, they don't want intelligent cops.

    This guy was determined, and he fought it all the way to his State Supreme Court - where he lost.

    So, NO, it will never happen. Police are the enforcement tools of the ruling class. The very last thing the ruling class wants is intelligent enforcers who may question orders.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Posts
    1,207
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    OK..I will not correct your spelling -- I will just ask you to read your message again and look for your mistake.
    hehe I wonder if mine is on file though?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

  9. #38
    This situation sounds horrific and disgusts me, but before I was to judge those cops, I would want to know their side of the story as well. Surely I do not think you are lying, but everyone of us bias our stories without having to lie, whether we are aware of it or not. I just would want all the facts before coming to a conclusion, and once I did, I would not hate the whole police department because a few of them did something messed up.
    If what you say is true, then I hope they are held fully accountable for their actions.

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by TooCalm View Post
    I think a minimal of two years college education should be required before someone can apply to become a police officer and a bachelors, masters, or a doctorate degree should be required before an officer can be promoted to a higher rank.
    If we want to reduce the horror stories of police brutality then we must be willing to pay more taxes for a truly professional police force.
    That actually is how many if not most police forces are. They require at least a 2 year degree for a low ranking position, or sometimes they will substitute good military service for it. Many prefer 4 year degrees but after all, many simply can not afford to hire an all educated police force.

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Felix View Post
    Never happen. A few years ago, I followed the story of a man in his 40's who'd always wanted to be a cop. His local PD advertised they were hiring. So he took their entrance exam and passed with the highest score they'd ever seen. They rejected him because it was "too smart to be a police officer." It's hardly surprising that a reasonably well read man in his 40's would know a lot more than a kid in his early 20's, including how to take tests - but remember, they don't want intelligent cops.

    This guy was determined, and he fought it all the way to his State Supreme Court - where he lost.

    So, NO, it will never happen. Police are the enforcement tools of the ruling class. The very last thing the ruling class wants is intelligent enforcers who may question orders.
    I had read about this and the term overqualified was used. It does sound terrible for it to be a reason for not hiring in any job but is quite common. The cost of a LEO department or company to train a new employee is quite high and once trained they are expected to stick around for a while to allow the "company" to benefit from the training. In this case it was not that he was black or too smart but they realized that as soon as he was trained he would be moving on to a bigger, higher paying job. Or at least that was the reasoning they gave. I have run into that when I was job searching several years ago. I was told more than once that "this is an entry level position and you are overqualified". It did not matter that I was also unemployed at the time. So before passing this off as he was rejected because he was black or they only want dumb cops we need to consider the whole story.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast