local police lost my respect last weekend - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: local police lost my respect last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by dgarber12771 View Post
    Something about this doesn't sound right. I'm not suggesting that the original poster is lying, but consider:

1) They're all in separate cars. Did they form a convoy on the way home, or did they separate?
    2) The police don't show up for 15 minutes? Why so long? If they were 'stalking' him with the intent on being a-hole racists, why the wait?
    3) They just up and beat on the guy for asking for a lawyer? No other reason - just open up the whoop-ass?

Now I know that there are still pockets of blatant racism out there, but by and large there aren't too many cops who would be this blatantly racist in this day and age. It's suicide.

There HAS to be more to this story. Did the step dad have an accident on the way home? Did he hit a parked car? Did he hit a pedestrian? Did someone phone in a complaint about him (which would explain the 15 minute delay)?

I say we wait to hear more about this before unilaterally passing judgement on these cops (which is the very thing everyone here is condemning these cops for doing).
    I must agree with the above. Altho I have never been to Oregon I can't believe in this day and age that any Police Department would try and pull this type of crap. I am not saying that the original poster is lying or wrong in any manner I am just saying that the verdict is still out and if it is true then all those SO CALLED POLICE OFFICERS should do jail time and the Black Gentelman should be very wealthy after the law suit is over.
    Bill

3. I found it all hard to believe too. I've had 2 run ins with the cops here and both times they were extremely respectful, however neither time was from the suspected precinct. There are 3 different agencies here, jacksonville, sheriff and medford police and it is medford in question. I wasn't there when it went down so I can't say for certain what actually happened, what I can testify to though is the man's demeanor, he was a very soft spoken, very polite person. He was also not drunk, unless he "pre gamed", he went drink for drink with me which was 4 beers over 3 hours. I've gone through all the scenarios in my head because I've always been the "doubter" in the past, no matter how I look at it however I still can't see justification in cops beating him up, even if he stood behind his screen calling them cracka ass cracka pigs.

Does anyone remember the Beer Summit and how it started? A call went to police that someone was trying to break into a home. It wasn't a breakin at all but a college professor had lost the keys to his house and was returning from a trip. The police approached him and ask for ID which the black professor refused to provide any saying it was his house and he didn't need to prove it. Things escalated that the professor claimed he was being targeted because he was black and the public jumped on his side including the POTUS.

I have seen racism claimed many times both by black and white. I had a black supervisor tell me personally that the reason that she hired a black that was fourth on the qualification list of interviewees was to make up for the number of whites already working there. After we had to pay back over $100,000.00 to the Federal Government due to their lazyness and incompetence both were fired. It wasn't that he was fourth because he was black but because he wasn't qualified. Too many times we assume that race is the factor when it doesn't have a thing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Too many times we assume that race is the factor when it doesn't have a thing to do with it.
    I believe that is referred to as the race card. Too many people try to play it.

-
    FYI - Files are never really deleted, just removed from the file allocation table. Download a freeware file program to un-delete that video & go to town! I've used Recuva by Piriform to un-delete photos & whatnot from a phone's memory before.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    FYI - Files are never really deleted, just removed from the file allocation table. Download a freeware file program to un-delete that video & go to town! I've used Recuva by Piriform to un-delete photos & whatnot from a phone's memory before.
    If you think that cops will engage in evidence tampering, use multiple recorders. My phone is a recorder, but I also have an MP3 player that's an excellent recorder. There are also a plethora of watches and other devices which can record.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    If you think that cops will engage in evidence tampering, use multiple recorders. My phone is a recorder, but I also have an MP3 player that's an excellent recorder. There are also a plethora of watches and other devices which can record.
    You can even get a pair of sunglasses with a built-in video camera.

Hunter Specialties

Judging by your account it sounds like its time to get an aggressive lawyer.

Makes me a bit unnerved reading all of these complaints. I can't believe this sort of thing actually happens. I hope for the best with everyone involved and hope it never happens to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I grew up in the Deep South only 15 miles from where the original Brown vs. BOE started. I have watched the KKK burn a cross and hold a rally 100 yards from my house. I have high school friend with an IQ of 60 sitting in jail right now supposedly for lynching a black man. Don't come here with me not knowing about racial predjuice.
    I hardly think of Topeka, Kansas as being in the deep south. Would you clarify where you grew up?
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast