Worst LEO Weapon Retension practice I've ever seen - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Worst LEO Weapon Retension practice I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    You must teach for the Canton PD.

You seen to have the same I walk on water attitude. I refuse to take a class that makes you feel dumber than before you enter. So your classes are out.

If you can't see how snide your answeres are then you will be the first on my block list. Try being a human being.
    (OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for being even less civil than kelcarry, Terminal Lance, Oldsalt, and Providence Ranch goes to Warbirds. Please come up on stage and give a brief acceptance speach and pick up your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bforney View Post
    There is a lot more to weapon retention then just having a retention device on a holster.
    Yes, I know. "retention" doesn't refer only to the holster, but also the person.

Quote Originally Posted by bforney View Post
    there is more to grabbing a gun out of someone else's holster than most think. Try it sometime.
    I have ... for 8 hours a day for well over 2 weeks. My arms were dead from wrist and arm locks.

If at all possible get some training and know how to retain your firearm and how to control it if someone is reaching for it or even if they have it out of the holster.
    Done

As for not having his arm over the gun do you have your arm over your firearm all the time?
    Yes!
    Are you familiar with the "interview stance"? It's intention is to keep you balanced, at a proper distance ... and ... you'll love this ... cover your weapon!

I also have seen some retention holsters that have too much retention and you have to twist and rock the firearm while pushing the right combination of buttons just right to get the firearm out of the holster.
    Canted Draw holster. Great as a duty holster. Little bulky for any other purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:240274
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    You must teach for the Canton PD.

You seen to have the same I walk on water attitude. I refuse to take a class that makes you feel dumber than before you enter. So your classes are out.

If you can't see how snide your answeres are then you will be the first on my block list. Try being a human being.
    (OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for being even less civil than karry, Terminal Lance, Oldsalt, and Providence Ranch goes to Warbirds. Please come up on stage and give a brief acceptance speach and pick up your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium.
    Lol.... The uber troll saying I'm not civil. The OP come here with something he had seen and was immediately jumped on by Mr elitist I know it all.

Here let me try it on you. As a member of a very elite group of people that can immediately know that i am more knowledgeable and will immediately try to put you in your place. Who are you to know what being civil is?

Of course maybe I could spend all day posting that "you should have bought a glock" or sheepdogs or ccw badges and be a real troll.

I don't know. Everything becomes routine after a while and honestly I would not expect cops to walk around in a 24/7 battle mode. Besides, you may have thought he was completely unaware of his surroundings but how can you be sure?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234