Interesting/Confusing LEO encounter my son had - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Interesting/Confusing LEO encounter my son had

Power play. I have the badge. I can tell you what to do. Even if what I tell you to do is considered by most to be nonsensical.

But, Hey! What do I know?
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Hey desert.... I was just wondering if, once you DO become an "officer" that you still intend to pull the trigger every time you unholster your weapon on someone?

Every situation is diffrent. No one can tell what was in the Deputy's mind when this was done. You cannot second guess someone else's work style, they will do what is most comfortable for them even if someone else does not like it or approve of it.

yes, I was a weapons instructor for over 20 year's and had 25 years in law enforcement
    Bill

Lesson to your son... keep quiet about the firearm unless asked to step out of the car or asked if he's armed. Then place both hands on the wheel and ask the LEO for instructions.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

i live in missouri, we dont have to inform unless askef. Ive been pulled over about four time, non resultng in a ticket. Each time i did in form. I was never asked where it was, just told not to reach for it. Each said thanls for informingy

-
    No, sir, I wouldn't be comfortable doing that.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345