Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton - Page 11

View Poll Results: Tell or not to Tell

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell officer you have a weapon

76 60.80%
  • Say nothing

49 39.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton

1. I live in AZ. There is no statutory mandate to notify an officer but I would. The one time I have been pulled over since I got my CCW I just gave the officer my CCW along with my license. He asked me where the weapon was and said "Thanks". No ticket and a pleasant encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by flagguy View Post
    I live in AZ. There is no statutory mandate to notify an officer but I would. The one time I have been pulled over since I got my CCW I just gave the officer my CCW along with my license. He asked me where the weapon was and said "Thanks". No ticket and a pleasant encounter.
    Welcome from Missouri...and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

JSDinTexas Guest
    I shouldn't nitpick but the poll is incomplete - another choice should be to show the officer your handgun license. In TX it is a requirement to show the license along with a form of ID if asked to identify yourself, AND you have a gun "on or about the license holder's person".
    I doubt I would hand a LEO my DL and then say, "I have a gun." Might be an interesting day.

5. In Ohio, I would as it's the law.

My understanding is that it's not required in PA. Therefore, I wouldn't normally. The exception being if he requested me to do something that would involve me having a hand near the gun for any reason. I'd prefer the gun to NOT be a surprise to him AND me be reaching in the general direction of it at the same time. There's been a lot of LEOs killed in the line of duty recently, they're all pretty nervous right now. Nervous people w/guns, even highly trained, will make me take extra precautions!

It's an option in Iowa. Unless he asks me to get out of the car, he doesn't need to know.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Not required in Florida, so I opted no.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

8. Here's why I won't say a word that's none of their business: Police Brutality, Police Corruption,Police Officer Videos, Police News

9. Son was pulled over for high speed in city. County NM officer took license back to patrol car for data check. Upon return, asked if the weapon was with my son? Son replied no, he was working on the customer car (WRX) after major suspension repairs, and testing it (handed his business card to officer). Explained, "only at times, not officially working", he 'carry's. Officer handed back DL and said, "nice car", have a nice day.

10. Situations vary..NM: Veteran State Police Officer gunned down during traffic stop in 1970's. Intense Roadblocks immediately surrounded ABQ. Upon approaching I-25 roadblock, manned by heavily armed officers, including Mounted Patrol auxiliaries, I openly layed .357 in plain view on truck dash. Surrounded by officers with weapons all leveled at me, they blinded with bright lights and looked inside vehicle. Said that with my weapon openly displayed on dash, they "figured the bad guys were Not in my camper, but open the back anyway". Officers took aggressive stance as I unlocked the back door for search. 30-30 and ammo were in camper. Upon 'Clear' of any suspicion, Officer told me, "Have a nice night, be careful" and waved me through. The Officer's killers hijacked an airliner to CUBA the next day. They Never returned to USA.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Blogengeezer View Post
    Situations vary..NM: Veteran State Police Officer gunned down during traffic stop in 1970's. Intense Roadblocks immediately surrounded ABQ. Upon approaching I-25 roadblock, manned by heavily armed officers, including Mounted Patrol auxiliaries, I openly layed .357 in plain view on truck dash. Surrounded by officers with weapons all leveled at me, they blinded with bright lights and looked inside vehicle. Said that with my weapon openly displayed on dash, they "figured the bad guys were Not in my camper, but open the back anyway". Officers took aggressive stance as I unlocked the back door for search. 30-30 and ammo were in camper. Upon 'Clear' of any suspicion, Officer told me, "Have a nice night, be careful" and waved me through. The Officer's killers hijacked an airliner to CUBA the next day. They Never returned to USA.
    Wow. Do they offer such a response if Joe Citizen is gunned down in cold blood? And does the fact that a police officer was shot really justify illegal detainments and warrantless searches of Joe Citizens who have exhibited no suspicious behavior?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast