Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton - Page 13

View Poll Results: Tell or not to Tell

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell officer you have a weapon

76 60.80%
  • Say nothing

49 39.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    Attachment 6575 although in floriday you have to tell an officer if they ask but it shouldn't be none of their business unless you were abusing your right to carry imo
    Sorry, but that's not true.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

it's not????? i will double check that thank you

''nforming Law Enforcement of Carry:
    Informing law enforcement is required upon demand.'' florida law sgb

gun control is being able to hit your target

it's not????? i will double check that thank you

''nforming Law Enforcement of Carry:
    Informing law enforcement is required upon demand.'' florida law sgb

What?

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    What?
    look on the forum under 'concealed carry permit info' sgb it clearly states one must inform an officer upon request........

look on the forum under 'concealed carry permit info' sgb it clearly states one must inform an officer upon request........
    Yes it does ....... you must produce your LICENSE and IDENTIFICATION when a LEO asks for your License and ID. No where does it say that you must disclose your armed as you claimed, but then I forgot that you know it all **and what you don't know you'll make up.**

790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—(1) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section. Each such license must bear a color photograph of the licensee. For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001(9). Such licenses shall be valid throughout the state for a period of 7 years from the date of issuance. Any person in compliance with the terms of such license may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm notwithstanding the provisions of s. 790.01. The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court.

Yes it does ....... you must produce your LICENSE and IDENTIFICATION when a LEO asks for your License and ID. No where does it say what you claimed, but then I forgot you know it all.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
    if you're not carrying at the time you don't have to show a license but if you are and the officer asks you still must tell where the gun is and show the license .....again if an officer is conducting a traffic stop on me and asks if i'm carrying and if i am i will produce my card and tell where my gun is located if asked
    but if you choose not to so be it that is none of my concern

if you're not carrying at the time you don't have to show a license but if you are and the officer asks you still must tell where the gun is and show the license .....again if an officer is conducting a traffic stop on me and asks if i'm carrying and if i am i will produce my card and tell where my gun is located if asked
    but if you choose not to so be it that is none of my concern
    Instead of making stuff up show me the law and the court precedents that substantiate the bs you're slinging. Otherwise you need to stop pretending you know what you're talking about.

Blog Entries
    Firearms Instructor, Here in TX you have to show both DL & CCW, if you have your gun on person or glove box ect. If you don't have your gun with you on your person or in the car you don't have to show it. Thanks!

Instead of making stuff up show me the law and the court precedents that substantiate the bs you're slinging. Otherwise you need to stop pretending you know what you're talking about.
    not making stuff up sgb but it seems you just want to troll me on this issue .......in florida if an officer asks you're supposed to inform the officer where your fire arm is as far as i understand our law here to be and i have no problem doing so either......that is how i interpreted it and i think that is what our instructor said as well when i took the ccwp class

what part of this are you not understanding ''Informing Law Enforcement of Carry:
    Informing law enforcement is required upon demand.''??????????????

11. as already mentioned by fellow Texans, we are required to inform when carrying. The OPs suggestion that he can discern the attitude of the LEO and decide whether to inform or not is not an option in TX. My CHL instructor tried to tell the class that you are required to produce your CHL when pulled by LEO, and I told him that it was "only if carrying". He got mad and asked if I was "Perry Mason". I shrugged and said, "no, just wanted to learn the law, not opinion."
    So far, I have not been pulled over since, whether carrying or not, so can't tell you if I would produce CHL if NOT carrying. Probably not.
    J

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast