Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton - Page 3

View Poll Results: Tell or not to Tell

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell officer you have a weapon

76 60.80%
  • Say nothing

49 39.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton

Quote Originally Posted by dmiladin View Post
    I am in Pa and I have a legal CCW permit and have my handgun under my carseat.
    Under the carseat is a very poor spot for a gun. Accesibility (time) is everything and I strongly recomend finding another way to carry your gun while driving.

I obey the law, no more and no less. In Ohio, I inform, and in PA, I do not. Volunteering unsolicited and non-required information can be perceived suspiciously.

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Not required here in New York, but as a General rule I do notify, and give them my permit when I hand Drivers License to Officer.The 2 times I jave been pulled over, producing my CCW has gotten me out of 2 tickets
    I would hand the officer my license and CHL at the same time. While my state has no requirement to notify, many other states that we have reciprocity with do require notification. It is the best way to say "I have a weapon and I am legally carrying" without saying a word. Instead of saying "uh...I have a loaded gun on me, do you want to see my permit?" I've been lucky not to have been stopped within the last 20 years. However, I have family that have been stopped and used this method. The only statement from the LEO is "Please leave the weapon where it is."
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk."---Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez (aka "The Rat")From The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Wink

Here is the solution to this question:
    After being pulled over, ask the officer, "Sir, would you like me to notify you about my pistol?" If he says yes then reply "Okay I have a pistol".
    If he says no, then reply "Okay sir, I will not notify you about the pistol on my belt".

Daisey never feels the need to inform an officer if she is carrying in states where she is not required to.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:244028
    Here is the solution to this question:
    After being pulled over, ask the officer, "Sir, would you like me to notify you about my pistol?" If he says yes then reply "Okay I have a pistol".
    If he says no, then reply "Okay sir, I will not notify you about the pistol on my belt".
    Who am I? K ready...

I see nothing in this message saying you were being sarcastic. You should stop posting stupid posts, it makes you look bad.
    (*SARCASM* for those that would get confused aka the answer to the first question)

BTW your post made me chuckle.

Three pages and no reply from NavyLCDR. Must be a busy day at the office.

There is no duty to inform law enforcement in Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Three pages and no reply from NavyLCDR. Must be a busy day at the office.
    I was just thinking that.

And for those of you who don't know, Navy would say that there is no earthly reason to inform, and that there are plenty of other professions more dangerous than being a cop. Also, that the potential of having to produce your weapon creates far more danger than just keeping it secured. Only, he would describe it much more logically and precisely than I just did.

Jeez, I hope he's not sitting in jail for a drunken disorderly or something :)

11. You left an option out of the poll, so I could not vote. The option that needs to be added to the poll is, "Inform the officer only when required to do so by law."

The rest of the discussion is more than likely just beating the long dead horse...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast