Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton - Page 4

View Poll Results: Tell or not to Tell

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell officer you have a weapon

76 60.80%
  • Say nothing

49 39.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    And for those of you who don't know, Navy would say that there is no earthly reason to inform, and that there are plenty of other professions more dangerous than being a cop. Also, that the potential of having to produce your weapon creates far more danger than just keeping it secured. Only, he would describe it much more logically and precisely than I just did.
    I think Daisey would agree with you too.

Law in Texas has been revised. You don't have to voluntarily inform, however CHL is linked to DL on officer's computer, so if he asks, better tell him the truth, cause he already knows if you have a CHL, and if so, he'll assume you're carrying.

I live in Michigan also and will follow the law. In other States, such as Indiana, it would depend on the situation. Obviously if I was asked to step out of the car I would notify them.

5. Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I was just thinking that.

And for those of you who don't know, Navy would say that there is no earthly reason to inform, and that there are plenty of other professions more dangerous than being a cop. Also, that the potential of having to produce your weapon creates far more danger than just keeping it secured. Only, he would describe it much more logically and precisely than I just did.

Jeez, I hope he's not sitting in jail for a drunken disorderly or something :)
    HAHA! I should have read at least the reply above mine before I posted. :-). I returned from a manning conference in Millington TN where I have been for eairlier this week.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

As a practice, I keep my drivers license and my CCW in the same slot of my wallet. It hasn't happened yet but if I do get pulled over, both will be handed to the officer and I will place both hands on the wheel. When he inquires to a weapon in the car, i will respond with "how do you want to proceed?".

I just hope it never happens.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Who am I? K ready...

I see nothing in this message saying you were being sarcastic. You should stop posting stupid posts, it makes you look bad.
    (*SARCASM* for those that would get confused aka the answer to the first question)

BTW your post made me chuckle.
    Sarcasm? Hmm, havent heard of that before.

:D:DWhen the LEO asks where your gun is, say "Right here in my pocket, next to my junk! Wanna see it?"
    Do it, I dare you!
    Edited: Trouble with emoticon, tried to do a laughing face

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:244319
    Who am I? K ready...

I see nothing in this message saying you were being sarcastic. You should stop posting stupid posts, it makes you look bad.
    (*SARCASM* for those that would get confused aka the answer to the first question)

BTW your post made me chuckle.
    Sarcasm? Hmm, havent heard of that before.
    That's pretty true in the sense that I think that was the first sarcastic remark I can recall from you.

That's pretty true in the sense that I think that was the first sarcastic remark I can recall from you.
    You may be right, but not to worry, there is much more to come

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    You may be right, but not to worry, there is much more to come
    Just do us all a favor and try not to murder anyone while doing it,OK?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast