Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton - Page 8

View Poll Results: Tell or not to Tell

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell officer you have a weapon

    76 60.80%
  • Say nothing

    49 39.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 139

Thread: Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    43
    -
    I'll give them my permit with my license. Minnesota is a 'must notify if asked' state, but I'm going to divulge to be square with them on that fact.

    I'd rather put that detail out there first then to answer the question while explaining that I have a permit.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

  2.   
  3. #72
    Learned to slo down after four stops in two months. Last year. Carrying three of those times. Informed all three times. Led to small talk once about what I was carrying. Once I educated the LEO as to why my permit was a separate ID. I live in MO.
    Two were local PD and once was State. As I said, I drive more slowly now. Could have bought two Glocks for what that cost me.

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFollower View Post
    Could have bought two Glocks for what that cost me.
    And probably another for what you're going to pay in increased insurance for the next 3 years
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  5. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,668
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Garbage collector is more dangerous than police officer. If a city had to lay off either there police force or garbage collectors because of budget, I would rather have my garbage collector working every week.
    We can live without the police but we cannot live without garbage disposal. Well not without making some pretty bad smells.

  6. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Garbage collector is more dangerous than police officer. If a city had to lay off either there police force or garbage collectors because of budget, I would rather have my garbage collector working every week.
    You say that but I doubt you believe it. What would your family and wife do if you were murdered and there was nobody to even attempt to do anything about it? Your wife would have no husband, and she would be too busy working to go about trying to find witnesses from your murder and collect old evidence, assuming somebody told her you died. Without police, Im sure it would be hard for her to even find out if you had died, and much harder to do anything about it.

  7. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900


    Settle down class whacth the movie and you might learn something.


    Seriously, this is a good video and only about 10 minutes long it explains the proper role of law and government in society
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    You say that but I doubt you believe it. What would your family and wife do if you were murdered and there was nobody to even attempt to do anything about it? Your wife would have no husband, and she would be too busy working to go about trying to find witnesses from your murder and collect old evidence, assuming somebody told her you died. Without police, Im sure it would be hard for her to even find out if you had died, and much harder to do anything about it.
    The police are very rarely ever there to prevent a violent crime from happening. That's why I carry a gun. If I am murdered, the fact is the police weren't there to begin with and whether or not police show up later, I would still be dead.

    The garbage collector, on the other hand, contributes directly to my health and well being every week. The garbage collector is actively involved in preventing the spread of disease to me and my family.

    I am absolutely serious - the farmers and the garbage collectors die on the job more often than police officers do and the farmers and garbage collectors make a much larger contribution to my health and well being every week than police officers do. Ranking which professions I would vote to keep on the job - police officers simply aren't at the top of my list. It's not a matter of if their job is important or dangerous or not. A police officer's job certainly is dangerous and important - but not as dangerous nor as important as others.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  9. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    You say that but I doubt you believe it. What would your family and wife do if you were murdered and there was nobody to even attempt to do anything about it? Your wife would have no husband, and she would be too busy working to go about trying to find witnesses from your murder and collect old evidence, assuming somebody told her you died. Without police, Im sure it would be hard for her to even find out if you had died, and much harder to do anything about it.
    It takes a sort of childlike naivete to believe that the police are going to "protect" you as an individual from a murder. Unless you have a personal bodyguard detail, it's pretty much a 100% lock that they won't.

    How much effort the police put into investigating your murder after the fact is a function of a number of factors including, but not limited to:
    • who you are
    • what race, ethnicity and religion you are
    • who your alleged murderer is thought to be (if known)
    • what race, ethnicity and religion your murderer (if known) is

    Google "Chicago + Vanecko + Daley + killing" and "Danziger Bridge killings". Yeah, I'll bet the New Orleans PD really pulled out all of the stops to "solve" the Danziger Bridge murders, huh?

  10. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    It takes a sort of childlike naivete to believe that the police are going to "protect" you as an individual from a murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    The police are very rarely ever there to prevent a violent crime from happening.
    Do me a favor, both of you. Show me where I said anything about police protecting people. Dont change my words and start an argument about things I didnt say. I suggest you two both go back and read what I actually did say.

    I clearly stated a problem posed by not having police in the aftermath of a crime. I didnt say anything about protecting you or preventing crime. Work on your reading comprehension before you start arguing with me.

    And Deanimator, I love how you even put the word protect in quotes while responding to me. It implies that you are using my word. But for the life of me I just do not see where in my post you pulled the word "protect" from.

  11. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Do me a favor, both of you. Show me where I said anything about police protecting people. Dont change my words and start an argument about things I didnt say. I suggest you two both go back and read what I actually did say.

    I clearly stated a problem posed by not having police in the aftermath of a crime. I didnt say anything about protecting you or preventing crime. Work on your reading comprehension before you start arguing with me.

    And Deanimator, I love how you even put the word protect in quotes while responding to me. It implies that you are using my word. But for the life of me I just do not see where in my post you pulled the word "protect" from.
    Say, could you tell everybody about the New Orleans PD's "investigation" of the Danziger Bridge murders?

    Did they ever "find" the perpetrators?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast