Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton - Page 9

View Poll Results: Tell or not to Tell

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell officer you have a weapon

    76 60.80%
  • Say nothing

    49 39.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 139

Thread: Decision to make if an officer pulls you over for a routine traffic violaiton

  1. Dome light on, windows down, keys on dash, and hands out the window on the door. Put the cop at ease as he approaches your car, and when appropriate inform that you are a permit holder and are currently carrying. Ask "How would you like to proceed?".

  2.   
  3. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Say, could you tell everybody about the New Orleans PD's "investigation" of the Danziger Bridge murders?

    Did they ever "find" the perpetrators?
    I dont know what the case is you are referring to, and I dont have the time to study it, but I have a feeling its what you are using to justify your distaste for the police. But I guess a few police officers in New Orleans accurately represent the other almost 700,000 law enforcement across the nation after all... It makes a lot of sense to generalize that many people based on one or even a couple examples of bad police.

  4. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I dont know what the case is you are referring to, and I dont have the time to study it, but I have a feeling its what you are using to justify your distaste for the police. But I guess a few police officers in New Orleans accurately represent the other almost 700,000 law enforcement across the nation after all... It makes a lot of sense to generalize that many people based on one or even a couple examples of bad police.
    Oh, so you don't "know about" the notorious murder of several people by the New Orleans PD, accompanied by the extensive coverup?

    Or maybe you also don't know about the home invasion, burglary and kidnapping ring operating INSIDE of the Chicago PD.

    Or maybe you also don't know about the armed robbery ring operating inside of the Philadelphia PD.

    Or maybe you also don't know about the organized torture ring operating for DECADES inside the Chicago PD.

    Or maybe you also don't know about the murder of Katherine Johnston by the Atlanta PD.

    It's pretty clear that you don't know about a LOT... and can't be bothered to "study" it.

  5. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Oh, so you don't "know about" the notorious murder of several people by the New Orleans PD, accompanied by the extensive coverup?

    Or maybe you also don't know about the home invasion, burglary and kidnapping ring operating INSIDE of the Chicago PD.

    Or maybe you also don't know about the armed robbery ring operating inside of the Philadelphia PD.

    Or maybe you also don't know about the organized torture ring operating for DECADES inside the Chicago PD.

    Or maybe you also don't know about the murder of Katherine Johnston by the Atlanta PD.

    It's pretty clear that you don't know about a LOT... and can't be bothered to "study" it.
    Its pretty clear you are an expert on 5 cases of some law enforcement personnel being bad. Good job for you!

    With your logic, you must hate the entire US military as well. After all, does Abu Ghraib ring a bell?

  6. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Its pretty clear you are an expert on 5 cases of some law enforcement personnel being bad. Good job for you!
    Want more?

    Spokane cops estranged from community - Yahoo! News

    Killed on Camera

    Police Torture Ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    With your logic, you must hate the entire US military as well. After all, does Abu Ghraib ring a bell?
    Actually, the Chicago PD torture ring wasn't that pansy Abu Ghraib nonsense. It was real Klaus Barbie torture.

    You don't know... because you don't WANT to know.

  7. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Want more?

    Spokane cops estranged from community - Yahoo! News


    Actually, the Chicago PD torture ring wasn't that pansy Abu Ghraib nonsense. It was real Klaus Barbie torture.

    You don't know... because you don't WANT to know.
    Why arent you hating on the US military? They tortured people. The military has the potential as you say, for dangerous actions and abuse of power just like police. If you dont hate the military for torturing people, but you hate the police for doing it, it shows your obvious bias against police. Its not the stories you have that makes you hate the police, its probably because you ended up on the wrong side of the law and now you hate them.

    Oh and dont forget this one either. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-team-20110327

    These soldiers murdered innocent people. If you want to play this game of find bad people, we can play all day but I have a job.

  8. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Why arent you hating on the US military?
    Seems like you have it in for the military and want to give the police a pass for MUCH worse behavior over MUCH longer periods of time.

    I served our country in the military. That's why I'm glad when military men commit crimes they're punished. Of course if somebody kicks in my door and tries to rob me, it won't be the 82nd Airborne Division. If I'm visiting relatives in Illinois, it might be the Chicago PD.

  9. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Seems like you have it in for the military and want to give the police a pass for MUCH worse behavior.

    I served our country in the military. That's why I'm glad when military men commit crimes they're punished. Of course if somebody kicks in my door and tries to rob me, it won't be the 82nd Airborne Division. If I'm visiting relatives in Illinois, it might be the Chicago PD.
    So lets get this straight. You dont like police because they have the potential to be dangerous, and they have power. You back up your hate for police with some stories of them breaking laws.

    But, you do not hate the military for murdering innocent civilians and torturing people. The military has power and potential to be dangerous just like police, but you dont hate the military for the same reasons you hate the police.

    Maybe you didnt get hired as a cop, so you hate them. But you got in the military, so you love them. I love the military, and I love police.

    Your logic is flawed. You hate A for reason B. But you dont hate C for reason B. What it shows is that you hate the police for some other reason.

  10. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    So lets get this straight. You dont like police because they have the potential to be dangerous, and they have power. You back up your hate for police with some stories of them breaking laws.
    "Posse Comitatus", Google it. Oh yeah, another thing for you to not "study".

    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    But, you do not hate the military for murdering innocent civilians and torturing people.
    Compared to the Chicago PD torture ring, Abu Ghraib was a sorority hazing. And it went on for longer than the U.S. has been in Iraq. But that's not something you care to "study".

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Do me a favor, both of you. Show me where I said anything about police protecting people. Dont change my words and start an argument about things I didnt say. I suggest you two both go back and read what I actually did say.

    I clearly stated a problem posed by not having police in the aftermath of a crime. I didnt say anything about protecting you or preventing crime. Work on your reading comprehension before you start arguing with me.

    And Deanimator, I love how you even put the word protect in quotes while responding to me. It implies that you are using my word. But for the life of me I just do not see where in my post you pulled the word "protect" from.
    Deserteagle,

    If more people took the effort to fulfill their responsibility of protecting themselves from violent crime, there would be less for the police to investigate. In reality, our entire justice system does very little to punish criminals or rehabilitate them. Yes, I am thankful when the police efforts and the justice system does some good to take the criminal off the streets and when there is a criminal that is really rehabilitated. But that situation is a very small minority. Ultimately, it is going to come down to my ability to defend myself from the criminal - and even if the police do investigate the aftermath of the crime, I have little comfort in the U.S. correctional system to be able to do anything with that criminal other than keep them off the street - at my tax dollars expense - for a few months, before turning them loose in public again with a few dollars in their pocket.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast