Walmart - LEO Encounter - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86

Thread: Walmart - LEO Encounter

  1. #21
    So now you hate cops?

    I think I allowed that there were some butthole cops. I also don't see how a gun can be deemed illegal in the eyes of the CA law when it isn't, but that's just me.

    Proving to me that there is yet one more bad cop does not make me think I may want to rethink my stance. I guess I don't get your point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblefiend View Post
    @KK. There are LEO's that do drunk with power, and there LEO's that are outstanding officers. But the one's that do not take the spirit of the law rather the Letter of the law and them there's some that go overboard. I had an experience last March with La County Sherrif Dept. Where I had taken somebodydown at gun point in my front yard, there were two men breaking into my car. They left in a hurry and crashed a block away. But when the Sherrif Deputies arrived I was immediately handcuffed and placed in the back of a patrol car. They then entered my house searching for more weapons, they went into my workshop and began throwing everything to the ground and they found my safe open because I removed a rifle for the prior incident so the started taking rifles out. They deemed that three rifles and one handgun to be illegal so they seized the weapons and I was arrested for having illegal Assult Riflea in my possession which was untrue (I am in Ca) I was them arrested for those charges also the handgun they said was not registered which it is. I was taken to the station and booked accordingly, my handgun was taken back to my wife because as my wife told me my handgun was ok because it was stored unloaded but I ha to register it which it already was I have the documentation that shows it being registered. The next day the DA did not want to pursue charges because there was no problem with any of my weapons. Now they will not return my weapons because they are still swearing that they are in an illegal formation because of th California restrictions so after almost a year they still have my rifles and they are sti not wanting to return them. All because of the seargant who felt foolish for doing something stupid (which is a whole new story).
    So my point being that there negative LEO's out there.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Is this true?

    I have a feeling there is a lot of typing before thinking...I was about to ask that same exact question on another thread but decided the person I was referring too would just keep calling everyone names. No sense in fueling the fire.

    You have a good head on your shoulders to me, keep on keeping on.
    Would Obama fart in a cup on national television?

    Thank you for your gratitude, I appreciate it.

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman View Post
    If I told you I served 2 tours in Iraq during the worst part of the war? Would your opinion change? What if I told you I was an EOD who's job was required to help innocent bystanders and citizens continue life without a hindrance?

    Think before you type.
    Lavaman: Your service in a combat zone is totally irrelevant to the diatribe you presented about LEOs. Please don't think you are the only one on here who has been in combat, there are several of us who have been there and done that. There is a lot of incongruity in your post concerning LEOs. On the one hand, you demean them by calling them "inferior rats" and then turn around and say that you want to be one. You have the audacity to present yourself as being superior to them (including the Chief of Police) and can't wait to become one to "show them what you are made of." From your attitude, I would consider you to be more of a liability as a police officer than the ones you are demeaning. If you ever do become a LEO, I hope you get an attitude adjustment before you hit the street.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Lavaman: Your service in a combat zone is totally irrelevant to the diatribe you presented about LEOs. Please don't think you are the only one on here who has been in combat, there are several of us who have been there and done that. There is a lot of incongruity in your post concerning LEOs. On the one hand, you demean them by calling them "inferior rats" and then turn around and say that you want to be one. You have the audacity to present yourself as being superior to them (including the Chief of Police) and can't wait to become one to "show them what you are made of." From your attitude, I would consider you to be more of a liability as a police officer than the ones you are demeaning. If you ever do become a LEO, I hope you get an attitude adjustment before you hit the street.
    Fortunately, you're not the "superior" hiring me.

  6. @KK I do not hate LEO'S I was merely stating that there are officers who do go overboard with the "power" that is given to them to protect the community. By no means do I have a hatred toward all LEO's as I do have friends on that position. I hav lost respect for the LEO's in my area who I know that are drunk with power. The department here is actually being investigated by the federal govt. As far as o have read in th local paper for being racially predjudice to some minorities in the area. I do the what happened to me but I do not hate LEO's as a whole. Hope this cleared things up ony stand point. As I do notean to disrespect anybody as far as occupation or by their opinions

  7. #26

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman View Post
    Would Obama fart in a cup on national television?

    Thank you for your gratitude, I appreciate it.
    I never did find the answer would he?

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Keysville Va.
    Posts
    304
    Hey Oldgrunt,
    You responded to some of the people on here with a great ammount of knowledge and respect for both LEO'S and other's that you don't even know. From your handle you could be a former Marine as I am. Anyway I just wanted to say that I am proud to know that their are people like you on this board that are not anti LEO.

    Lavaman if you can make it through the Police Academy then good luck. I sure hope you get your head put on straight before someone out on the street screws it on straight for you.
    Bill
    Last edited by sgtbill; 11-19-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: spelling, etc

  9. My philosophy is that 99% of police officers are good, honest, hard working men and women trying to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

    However....First, there are nine professions listed by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics that are more dangerous, and more likely to die on the job than a police officer. So, I will not put police officers on a pedastal and worship them because of the profession they chose to engage in.

    Second, there are 1% of the cops that are bad apples. When a police officer approaches me in an official capacity, I do not know if they are one of the 99% good ones, or one of the 1% of the bad ones. Therefore, I will not waive any of my 4th or 5th amendment rights during any encounter, and unless the encounter is 100% social and friendly, I will not engange in a voluntary encounter with them.

    I don't hate police officers, and I respect them the same as the farmer and fisherman who provides food for my family, the logging/lumber worker who provides materials to house my family, and the garbage collector who keeps my family safe from disease by taking away my trash each week. All of those professions are more dangerous than being a police officer.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    My philosophy is that 99% of police officers are good, honest, hard working men and women trying to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

    However....First, there are nine professions listed by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics that are more dangerous, and more likely to die on the job than a police officer. So, I will not put police officers on a pedastal and worship them because of the profession they chose to engage in.

    Second, there are 1% of the cops that are bad apples. When a police officer approaches me in an official capacity, I do not know if they are one of the 99% good ones, or one of the 1% of the bad ones. Therefore, I will not waive any of my 4th or 5th amendment rights during any encounter, and unless the encounter is 100% social and friendly, I will not engange in a voluntary encounter with them.

    I don't hate police officers, and I respect them the same as the farmer and fisherman who provides food for my family, the logging/lumber worker who provides materials to house my family, and the garbage collector who keeps my family safe from disease by taking away my trash each week. All of those professions are more dangerous than being a police officer.
    Garbage collector is more dangerous? Wow..

  11. Quote Originally Posted by lavaman View Post
    Garbage collector is more dangerous? Wow..
    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cfoi.pdf

    Printed page 5:

    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast