Walmart - LEO Encounter - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart - LEO Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by lavaman View Post
    OC is 100% legal in KY :)
    Really? I found lots of places listed on the Kentucky State Police web site where carrying of any kind is prohibited.

3. Quote Originally Posted by mike1956 View Post
    Really? I found lots of places listed on the Kentucky State Police web site where carrying of any kind is prohibited.

Police station or sheriff's office.
    Detention facility, prison or jail.
    Courthouse (Court of Justice, courtroom or court proceeding).
    County, municipal, or special district governing body meetings.
    Meeting of governing body of a county, municipality, or special district.
    General Assembly session, including committee meetings.
    Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.
    Elementary or secondary school facilities (without the consent of school authorities).
    Child-caring facilities, day care centers, or any certified family child care home.
    Areas within an airport where restricted access is controlled by the inspection of persons or property.
    Any place where federal law prohibits the carrying of a firearm.

Now, back to what I stated in my original post. Open Carry in the state of Kentucky is 100% legal. Although there are certain restrictions in place, it's still legal to OC in Kentucky. Don't twist my words.

4. Interesting thread

I am a retired LEO and also a retired soldier. Lavaman's comments are provocative but understandable as they are coming from someone with limited experience in law enforcement.

I would be interested in his statement that he served two tours in Iraq in EOD. What service? What was your MOS? What was your unit? Same unit for both tours? if not, what was the other unit? What FOBs did you work out of?

I asked this because you made a statement claiming military service and like some others here, I would like more information to confirm your credibility. You may choose to ignore my post and questions, but if you did, that would lead one to doubt your honesty when you make other posts, wouldn't it?
    Bud
    A law abiding citizen of Illinois is a disarmed target waiting to become a victim

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    Interesting thread

I am a retired LEO and also a retired soldier. Lavaman's comments are provocative but understandable as they are coming from someone with limited experience in law enforcement.

I would be interested in his statement that he served two tours in Iraq in EOD. What service? What was your MOS? What was your unit? Same unit for both tours? if not, what was the other unit? What FOBs did you work out of?

I asked this because you made a statement claiming military service and like some others here, I would like more information to confirm your credibility. You may choose to ignore my post and questions, but if you did, that would lead one to doubt your honesty when you make other posts, wouldn't it?
    I also am former military and retired LEO. USMC 8541 MOS and Det.Sgt of police. I also would like to see a reply from Lavaman.
    Bill

6. No, seriously, Lavaman, I really would like to express my appredciation to an EOD man. What unit, what MOS, what time frame and what FOB?

It's been twenty-four hours now and you had been quite chatty while you were describing your vast law enforcement experience and how you know for a fact that all cops...well, "suck" to shorten up your descriptions.
    Bud
    A law abiding citizen of Illinois is a disarmed target waiting to become a victim

7. Now come on guys, you know Lavaman would tell you all about his deployments to Iraq....but then he'd have to kill ya!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    No, seriously, Lavaman, I really would like to express my appredciation to an EOD man. What unit, what MOS, what time frame and what FOB?

It's been twenty-four hours now and you had been quite chatty while you were describing your vast law enforcement experience and how you know for a fact that all cops...well, "suck" to shorten up your descriptions.
    I stand by my statement, lavaman is a troll. He hasn't visited since Nov 19; he started a bunch of "provocative" threads, fueled the fires, then left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    I stand by my statement, lavaman is a troll. He hasn't visited since Nov 19; he started a bunch of "provocative" threads, fueled the fires, then left.
    I agree with you Ed 100%
    Bill

I don't trust, and will never trust the word of a cop.

And what EOD Tech say's,"I was an EOD"? I've known quite a few over my years of service and never heard it put that way.

It was 'I was in EOD', or 'I was a bomb tech', and any number of other descriptions beside what was said.

You guys scared him away! Damn, now all we have is Treo, Cotillion and Navy. Where's the entertainment gonna come from now? :):)

KK

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast