Walmart - LEO Encounter - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 86

Thread: Walmart - LEO Encounter

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Citusp
    Banned

    Day um that was quick
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  2.   
  3. #42
    He was scary. Good riddance.

    KK

  4. He probably watches the new show "Bomb Patrol Afghanistan" if he is trying to say he was a member of an EOD unit because he had to say something that made him sound cool so everyone would stop questioning him and his validity, that's my thought

  5. This thread reminds me that I need to keep up on my HAZMAT, HAZCOMMM and HAZWOPER courses before they expire so I can continue to take some UXO courses. Thank you for reminding me Walmart!

  6. Good Point, Phil

    Phil brings up a good point. Out 'buddy'LEOs are enforcing the law. As they interpret the law at a moment. Prosecutors and judges, though, might interpret law differently. I think it would be best to contact prosecuting attorneys concerning laws that we may or may not break through ignorance. I've also found that legislative assistants in legislators' offices will research this stuff if you contact your legislator.

  7. #46
    Hey navy LCDR
    Lets see you have a 99% chance of encountering a "good" cop and a 1% chance of encountering a "bad" cop. Those sound like fantastic odds in my favor to me! And according to the chart, police work is NUMBER 3 in TOTAL fatalities for 2010. Considering the total number of Police officers in the US [about 750k] vs total number of people who drive for a living [Way more than 750k] its still a dangerous way to make a middle class living. I would expect people who drive for a living to die in greater numbers as fatal MVA's far outnumber fatal police shootings. But there's a big difference between getting killed in an accident at work and getting killed by someone who deliberately decides to kill you because of the way you are dressed or the job you do. The only other job I know of where violent death by gunfire, explosive device, edged weapon or hand to hand combat are considered occupational hazzards are the military services...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by 17-AC View Post
    Hey navy LCDR
    Lets see you have a 99% chance of encountering a "good" cop and a 1% chance of encountering a "bad" cop. Those sound like fantastic odds in my favor to me! And according to the chart, police work is NUMBER 3 in TOTAL fatalities for 2010. Considering the total number of Police officers in the US [about 750k] vs total number of people who drive for a living [Way more than 750k] its still a dangerous way to make a middle class living. I would expect people who drive for a living to die in greater numbers as fatal MVA's far outnumber fatal police shootings. But there's a big difference between getting killed in an accident at work and getting killed by someone who deliberately decides to kill you because of the way you are dressed or the job you do. The only other job I know of where violent death by gunfire, explosive device, edged weapon or hand to hand combat are considered occupational hazzards are the military services...
    First - the total number of deaths on a job does not determine at all how dangerous an occupation is. If there were 10 underwater basket weavers in the US last year, and last year 10 underwater basket weavers died on the job - would you want to be an underwater basket weaver? Only 10 died last year. It doesn't matter that it is a 100% death rate, right? The rate of fatalities per capita is what determines the danger. Police officer is still 10th on the list.

    Second - more police officers die due to highway accidents than are killed by gun fire.

    Third - What is the great travesty of asking, "Officer, are you detaining me?" and if the answer is no, then reply, "Thank you, sir, I hope you have a nice day!" whether or not the officer is one of the 99% or 1%?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I cant help but notice the anti-cop sentiment, so lets try to make sense of it.
    Next year is police academy for me, so since police are "shady characters", at what point does my character become "shady"? Am I shady already? Do I become shady when I put on a badge? Do I become shady when I help a woman escape her abusive husband who threatens to kill her and the kids if she doesnt leave the house? Or do a small percentage of the police make mistakes from time to time in which you see them in the news and that causes you to stereotype and label all police as "shady characters"?
    Here's my rule of thumb: cops become shady the minute they suspect you of a crime you did not commit.

  10. Police officers become "shady" the minute they step foot in a police academy setting. Why? Because the academy turns an ordinary citizen into an officer of the law. You are trained to recognize every citizen as a criminal and stereotype to create probable cause. Having gone on several patrol ridealongs, I've witnessed the lazy, unethical persona's these officers possess on a daily basis. Officers should "enforce" the laws in which all citizens shall abide by. Not create new one's and intimidate the vulnerable public.


    Haha. He said "stereotype"....

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ElK Creek Kentucky
    Posts
    437

    shady

    Not all LEO's are shady.thank you. Many do not know all the laws of ccw or oc. Ky is of and I often do especially in Walmart.Its on my way to the range.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast