Walmart - LEO Encounter - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Walmart - LEO Encounter

If you want entertainment wait to see me come down the chimney in 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    No I am not working in those crap cities. And I would appreciate you not judging me before you have even met me, and long before I have even got a badge. And by the way, everyone is dangerous or has the potential to be.
    It doesn't matter where you live.

That badge and the powers which go with it make you dangerous to any citizen. And that danger is VASTLY greater than that posed by any generic private sector criminal. See my other post. If you decide to commit a crime against a citizen, you do it with the presumption of veracity and considerable power to conceal your criminal acts. And if that citizen defends himself from you, it will be HE who has a FAR greater risk of prosecution than you EVER will. Ever heard the name Katherine Johnston?

You may actualize that danger or not, but it's there nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post

That badge and the powers which go with it make you dangerous to any citizen. And that danger is VASTLY greater than that posed by any generic private sector criminal. See my other post. If you decide to commit a crime against a citizen, you do it with the presumption of veracity and considerable power to conceal your criminal acts. And if that citizen defends himself from you, it will be HE who has a FAR greater risk of prosecution than you EVER will. Ever heard the name Katherine Johnston?

Having a badge doesnt make one dangerous. If a police officer is a dangerous person, they were that way before they got a badge.

"Private sector criminals" kill more innocent people every year than do police. Criminals and ordinary people without badges steal, rob, destroy, murder, rape, burglarize, etc more than the police do. If I were you, I would be more afraid of the people around you than the police.

I'm sure you will find very few if any police officer that will rob you! Can not be said for criminals..It sounds like you may have been caught on the other side of the line and it left a bitter taste..

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    I'm sure you will find very few if any police officer that will rob you! Can not be said for criminals..It sounds like you may have been caught on the other side of the line and it left a bitter taste..
    The law enforcement profession provides incredible opportunities for the enterprising, unscrupulous and sociopathic to wreak incredible harm.

Apparently you've never heard of Katherine Johnston, the Danziger Bridge murders or Jerry Finnegan and "S.O.S."

It sounds like my words struck very close to home and the only reaction you can come up with is to accuse me of being a criminal... without a shred of proof. I have just as much basis to accuse you of being on the take... or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Having a badge doesnt make one dangerous.
    Having the power that goes with the badge makes one EXCEPTIONALLY dangerous.

You could ask Katherine Johnston about that... if she weren't dead.

[QUOTE=Deanimator;251278]The law enforcement profession provides incredible opportunities for the enterprising, unscrupulous and sociopathic to wreak incredible harm.

Apparently, you've never heard of Katherine Johnston, the Danziger Bridge murders or Jerry Finnegan and "S.O.S."[end quote]

It would take a lot more to hit my nerve, as I have no dog in your fight. Your general assertion says's plenty. Can any appointed person abuse power... Well look at your President, Your Governors, ext...ect....Jim Jones abused his power...You list four examples...how many nore do you think others could give on the other side?
    You can take it how you like again I don't have the time of energy to care! However, anyone who makes general assumptions about a large segment of officers needs to rethink their position, or maybe they have experienced a bad interaction.

[QUOTE=NCIC105;251297]
    The law enforcement profession provides incredible opportunities for the enterprising, unscrupulous and sociopathic to wreak incredible harm.

Apparently, you've never heard of Katherine Johnston, the Danziger Bridge murders or Jerry Finnegan and "S.O.S."[end quote]

It would take a lot more to hit my nerve, as I have no dog in your fight. Your general assertion says's plenty. Can any appointed person abuse power... Well look at your President, Your Governors, ext...ect....Jim Jones abused his power...You list four examples...how many nore do you think others could give on the other side?
    You can take it how you like again I don't have the time of energy to care! However, anyone who makes general assumptions about a large segment of officers needs to rethink their position, or maybe they have experienced a bad interaction.
    How many would you LIKE me to list? Are you asserting that those are the ONLY examples?

And let's say for argument's sake that "S.O.S." robbed me or a relative. That would refute my argument in WHAT way?

The undeniable fact is that police have incredible power, to use for good or evil. Some of them have in the past and will in the future use that power for evil, sometimes great evil.

That makes them at least a potential danger to any citizen whom they encounter. That citizen has a choice: either take prudent measures to protect himself or trust to luck and the kindness of total strangers in a profession prone to abuse of power.

Cops are like hitchhikers.

Most hitchhikers aren't serial killers.

Some are.

Most cops aren't violent, racist psychopaths.

Some are.

I don't pick up hitchhikers.

I don't talk to the police without legal representation or consent to ANY searches.

You pick up all the hitchhikers you want.

10. This is just an observation of mine.

I'm seeing similar arguments for and against law enforcement officers when they are going to commit a crime because they possess a badge and authority, in a similar manner as concealed handgun license holders made by persons against them possessing such. This is not to argue who has more power, but when the person will commit the act and what is triggering the act of the abuse of power by both sides that I find the interesting parallels.

Again, thank you Walmart for allowing me to have this revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    This is just an observation of mine.

I'm seeing similar arguments for and against law enforcement officers when they are going to commit a crime because they possess a badge and authority, in a similar manner as concealed handgun license holders made by persons against them possessing such. This is not to argue who has more power, but when the person will commit the act and what is triggering the act of the abuse of power by both sides that I find the interesting parallels.

Again, thank you Walmart for allowing me to have this revelation.
    You raise an interesting question and cause me to think of a dichotomy in thought:

Over and over, I see cops and their supporters defending disarming people AFTER the cop knows that the citizen has a valid carry credential, or when lawfully open carrying. The justification? They "don't know you".

Yet, if you state that you won't talk to the police without representation, or consent to searches, the fact that you don't know that cop or his true motives (he's allowed by law to lie in the course of an "investigation") is of utterly no consequence to cops and their supporters. You're just supposed to take it on faith that ANY cop you meet on the street means well and that there is an absolute ZERO chance that he's up to no good.

Strangely, citing known police misconduct is no justification for invoking your rights as a citizen, but the infinitesimally small number of cops shot by people with valid carry credentials is justification for citizens to be required to notify police that they're armed, and to be disarmed (or worse) when stopped by police, for whatever reason, fair or foul.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast