leo firsked me today! - Page 9
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: leo firsked me today!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkbeater View Post
    This isn't a product liability case. A citizen can sue anyone for any violation/denial of rights. I've been through this with DCFS. They tried to argue that they operate outside the Constitution. The judge disagreed, saying that no person or entity does not have to obey the Constitution. DCFS entered my home without a warrant and without any probable cause. We sued and won the case. Not once, during all questioning, did we have to testify about how the ordeal was traumatizing or emotionally scarring. They broke the law and violated our rights, that was grounds for a lawsuit.
    Absolutely incorrect. This cop may have been justified in his search. None of us really know the actual story. Just like all the self-defense sdcenarios on chat boards. We don't have enough info. Do you have any idea how many times per year (or per day) in America a LEO checks someone with what he believes to be cause? Are we such little sociopathic children that we have to file complaints and charge people with violating our rights? Your case also doesn't apply because you say he entered your home without a warrant, a clear violation. This is not the case in the OP. The OP stands ZERO chance of winning anything. In his case there's that pesky little issue of proof.

For those who want to fight every little detail of this stuff... feel free. For me? I have more important things to do. I'm not wasting my time, there's no money in it.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

3. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Are we such little sociopathic children that we have to file complaints and charge people with violating our rights?
    Only if we are little sociopathic children who happen to value our rights and do not desire to be detained by a police officer whenever he sees a bump in our clothing.

If a police officer unlawfully detains and unlawfully searches a citizen, why do you insist on belittling them for taking that officer to task?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

You guys are killin' me. Just killin' me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drunkbeater View Post
    Spot on...spot on.
    Fine.

The two of you surely have enough money and time between you to support the OP in his court case.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:247991
    This isn't a product liability case. A citizen can sue anyone for any violation/denial of rights. I've been through this with DCFS. They tried to argue that they operate outside the Constitution. The judge disagreed, saying that no person or entity does not have to obey the Constitution. DCFS entered my home without a warrant and without any probable cause. We sued and won the case. Not once, during all questioning, did we have to testify about how the ordeal was traumatizing or emotionally scarring. They broke the law and violated our rights, that was grounds for a lawsuit.
    Absolutely incorrect. This cop may have been justified in his search. None of us really know the actual story. Just like all the self-defense sdcenarios on chat boards. We don't have enough info. Do you have any idea how many times per year (or per day) in America a LEO checks someone with what he believes to be cause? Are we such little sociopathic children that we have to file complaints and charge people with violating our rights? Your case also doesn't apply because you say he entered your home without a warrant, a clear violation. This is not the case in the OP. The OP stands ZERO chance of winning anything. In his case there's that pesky little issue of proof.

For those who want to fight every little detail of this stuff... feel free. For me? I have more important things to do. I'm not wasting my time, there's no money in it.
    You really have no idea what you're talking about. I already knew that none of us knew the actual story. Why do you think, in the first place, I said if this went down exactly as told, then the OP should sue the LEO personally.

What kind of lunatic are you that you think it's sociopathic to stand up for our God-given rights? Maybe you've heard of our founding fathers. Were they sociopaths because they were willing to die for those rights?

My case is absolutely applicable to this situation. Just as one needs a warrant or probable cause to search another's home, one needs a warrant or probable cause to search another's person. A "bulge" is not probable cause or reasonable suspicion. Do you know what the 4th Amendment is?

Lastly, I'm saddened that you care more about money than rights. With that attitude, I personally believe you deserve neither and you will have neither someday. I really do feel bad for you.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. I already knew that none of us knew the actual story. Why do you think, in the first place, I said if this went down exactly as told, then the OP should sue the LEO personally.

What kind of lunatic are you that you think it's sociopathic to stand up for our God-given rights? Maybe you've heard of our founding fathers. Were they sociopaths because they were willing to die for those rights?

My case is absolutely applicable to this situation. Just as one needs a warrant or probable cause to search another's home, one needs a warrant or probable cause to search another's person. A "bulge" is not probable cause or reasonable suspicion. Do you know what the 4th Amendment is?

Lastly, I'm saddened that you care more about money than rights. With that attitude, I personally believe you deserve neither and you will have neither someday. I really do feel bad for you.
    Well, you're already too late with that wish. I was comfortably retired at 48.

How in hell do you get to our founding fathers from this? Reread your history books. Your founding fathers were hypocritical slave-owners who violated the basic human and GOD-GIVEN rights of kidnapped Africans. They massacred the American Indian without mercy. They only applied the constitution to white men. Minorities and women's rights didn't exist to them. Anyone who enslaves or murders another has no empathy, sympathy or regard for another and is satisfying a self need. Clearly sociopathic behavior. In the end we're all hypocrits at some time in our lives.

You think his rights were violated and I don't. I believe if the OP stated the incident correctly then the LEO was within the law. This wasn't a big enough deal to do anything other than call the WHAAAAMBULANCE! That's my opinion. It's based on a lengthy conversation with an attorney friend yesterday and again this morning. He just shook his head and reminded me that every perp tries to make a claim of rights violations. Few go anywhere and a LEO only needs reasonable suspicion to detain someone. He reminded me of all the people through the years who have unsuccessfully tried to claim civil rights violations for racial profiling. You may not agree but that's OK, it's an opinion.

I'll give you the last word. Be nice or I'll complain. ;-)
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    You guys are killin' me. Just killin' me.
    I know. Ain't it cool? I like riling up the kids.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:248040

Well, you're already too late with that wish. I was comfortably retired at 48.

How in hell do you get to our founding fathers from this? You think his rights were violated and I don't. I believe if the OP stated the incident correctly then the LEO was within the law. Period. That's my opinion and it's based on a lengthy conversation with an attorney friend yesterday and again this morning. You may not agree but that's OK, it's an opinion. Do me one favor. Don't fight for my rights. And if Denny's is getting robbed, don't defend me. Feel free to fight everyone tooth and nail.
    You clearly remember whatever is convenient to remember. You said, "Are we such little sociopathic children that we have to file complaints and charge people with violating our right?". Our founding fathers were all about fighting/dying for rights. I came up with this easy comparison so that your tiny brain could maybe understand that they would not sit back and allow our rights to be violated without punishing the violator. Our founders were not sociopathic children. If you can't see that, then that's your problem.

As far as your attorney friend, he/she doesn't know what they're talking about either. Your opinion is based on misinformation or something.

Don't worry! I won't defend you at Denny's. I don't go to Denny's because it sucks. I'll be saving everyone else at IHOP.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I believe if the OP stated the incident correctly then the LEO was within the law.
    Wow. I'm glad you don't get to make those decisions, and I am glad that those who do get to make those decisions (Federal judges) have already decided differently. Can you explain to us, if the OP stated the incident correctly, exactly what justification the officer had for performind a Terry Frisk, which is only legal either with express consent from the subject, or if the detainment itself is due to reasonable and articulable suspicion that a crime has been/is/about to be committed AND the individual is armed AND the individual is presently dangerous?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

You clearly remember whatever is convenient to remember. You said, "Are we such little sociopathic children that we have to file complaints and charge people with violating our right?". Our founding fathers were all about fighting/dying for rights. I came up with this easy comparison so that your tiny brain could maybe understand that they would not sit back and allow our rights to be violated without punishing the violator. Our founders were not sociopathic children. If you can't see that, then that's your problem.

As far as your attorney friend, he/she doesn't know what they're talking about either. Your opinion is based on misinformation or something.

Don't worry! I won't defend you at Denny's. I don't go to Denny's because it sucks. I'll be saving everyone else at IHOP.
    I just don't see it as a violation of his rights worth pursuing. Now what happened to my wife was a real violatin of her rights. LE can't go around treating crippled people as drunks just because they don't walk well. LE can't show reasonable cause for a search, arrest or blood draw just because a crippled person couldn't walk a straight line without crutches. We didn't chase the LE agency down and sue them. Why? He was a young officer and was very polite. He merely crossed the line from lack of understanding/experience. Now had he arrested her there would have been a massive lawsuit and charges of violating her rights. I would never have stopped in my pursuit for justice, and trust me, I can whip up a costly ass whipping in a civil action. But there was no harm done. All I'm saying is that we let the little stuff go by. Can't fight everyone. There's enough people in the world that need an ass whipping without looking to resolve every detail of every act or staement. As I said, there's no money in it and most people let it go because they need to get about important things that occupy life. It doesn't mean anyone is less of a patriot or American. Getting back to the OP, the LEO was a wanker, no doubt.

Also beater, why the insults? Little brain? That's very funny to me considering the extent of my education. Calling me names shows an inability to control one's emotions; clearly not an ingredient for success. Posters tend to lend more credence to those who hold their emotions in check. BTW, This is a nationally known NYC attorney and contributor to FOX News and CNNHN. After 35 years as best friends I trust his knowledge over all others.

Time to let this thread go. We agree to disagree.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast