LEO Couldn't Open D/A Revolver Cylinder - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LEO Couldn't Open D/A Revolver Cylinder

Quote Originally Posted by glock007 View Post
    yes I saw some of the things memtioned here and some that --well we had an LFO who could not see very well--so when it came time to qualify someone had to shoot his target so he would qualify---not funny but we all knew and he walked on the main drag and never got any calls for anything(old ready to retire)--he used a S&W
    38 4" with a bull barrel(it was retired to junk after he left--could not get it open). I hope the new guys are getting better tranining now. But with the comments posted I wonder, and people ask why I carry a gun all the time. :omg:
    Scary part would be if some BG saw this guy in uniform and decided to become aggressive. At this point, Mr. Magoo would have a REALLY BAD situation. If the guy can't see, much less qualify, then put the guy on a desk and let him do admin duties where he'll be safer than walking a beat in uniform and possibly needed for LE purposes.

Don't understand why someone had to shoot his target to qualify. Why not simply set the target out at 5'? Let him shoot, reload and finish shooting the target. This way it's HIM doing the actual shooting. It's still a bad thing to do, but at this point only person who will be in trouble is the person who is signing off on his qualification. Having another person shoot for him puts more people at risk. JMHO

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I learned a long time ago that LEOs, just like the rest of us, are human and just like the rest of us humans, they don't know everything. That being said, I'm wondering what exactly the firearms portion of their police academy training entails. Are they only taught the workings of what they'll be carrying while on duty? Or did this particular officer simply sleep through the portion of the academy in which revolvers were discussed? Whatever happened, she is seriously deficient in an area that law enforcement officers should not be deficient in.

Hey for what they get paid ... we are luck to get the high quality we have ... try finding someone that will lay it on the line for the $'s they get... sad she could not figure out such a simple operation (in my mind) but likely its the first time she even had one laid inher hand.

According to an FBI study the average LEO is not a gun person by any definition. Spending on an average one or two days at the range a years depending on their departments qualification fire arm requirements. It is that report that make me laugh every time I hear only LEO are properly trained to carry firearms.
    Note I did not even make any reference at all to affirmative action hiring requirements
    Last edited by LongRider; 09-12-2008 at 02:18 AM.
    Those who would, deny, require permit, qualification, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

6. LEO couldn't open

I love watching the TV series, 'COPS,' and chuckle when an officer finds a weapon, and then it shows the troubles they have trying to make it safe. A guy I used to work with carried a .25ACP shell casing on his key ring. It matched the slug that was buried in or against his femur. He found a .25 auto on a guy one night and tried sticking it in his hip pocket when it went off. As he was a very large person, the doctors said it was safer to leave the slug in place rather than risking surgery to remove it.

One of my pet peeves is the detective novels that the author has the hero pick up his Smith & Wesson .38 snubnose and check the safety catch. The next time I read that, I will scream and throw the book. I wrote one author on this and he apologized and said he would get someone who knew weapons to read future works for accuracy.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

My favorite is still the DEA Agent that shot himself in the foot right after making the statement " This is a Glock 40. I am the only one in here quilified to handle it".
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    My favorite is still the DEA Agent that shot himself in the foot right after making the statement " This is a Glock 40. I am the only one in here quilified to handle it".
    I believe that this is the video you're talking about:

YouTube - cop shoot himself

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post

This yoyo had the nerve to sue the DEA and the state of FL for leaking the video. He claimed that he was "embarrassed" and would no longer be able to work undercover. He had to try the case pro se. I'm guessing because he wasn't able to find an attorney that would try the case for him.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post

Another good one is the lady deputy that almost shot her partner and the suspect while pulling her gun.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

11. This yoyo had the nerve to sue the DEA and the state of FL for leaking the video. He claimed that he was "embarrassed" and would no longer be able to work undercover. He had to try the case pro se. I'm guessing because he wasn't able to find an attorney that would try the case for him.

gf
    I thought they made him a GS 14 Stupidvisor?

Biker

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast