Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

Wow thanks NDS. I needed a good laugh.

3. In some cases the only tactical advantage you may have is that the BG DOES NOT KNOW you are armed. Can't see giving that away by posting a decal saying Be Prepared. As far as break-in goes, the BG may just decide that he needs help with this break-in since there is likely to be multiple guns as a nice big juicy prize! I would rather one BG break in and end up being unable to get the safe open or out of the house than have him/her enter with multiple bodies to help break it or move it out!

If I am in the home when a break-in occurs, I will need all the element of suprise I can have. Looking down a barrel tends to throw well laid plans into chaos quickly :)

Quote Originally Posted by doublenutz View Post
    I found this "Licensed to Carry" armed decal at at Armed Decal.Com. By the way, I have to note that it is a registered trademark so please do not copy it and... do the right thing. I have no affliation with this organization but I did purchase mine.

I guess this is supposed to be the recognized decal, created by law enforcement, for law enforcement officers to easily recognize. I was wondering if any body has seen these around and if there are states that prohibit them.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.
    1.Advertise that you are armed and take away and advantage you might have in surprise.
    2.Welcome thieves to break into your vehicle to look for guns.
    3.Alert LEO if you happen to be in a gun-free zone, unbeknownst to you.
    4.Give Liberals a reason to vandalize your vehicle.
    5.Make gun owners look like ********** if you do something dumb in traffic.
    I won't display any political messages on my vehicles for all of the above reasons. But I vote and that's what counts.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Older thread, But still warrants my 2 cents (or perhaps not)

I HAVE A GUN IN MY VEHICLE!!!!

Yea... Uh, No... I take the Elmer Fudd approach to firearms: Be Vewy Vewy quiet...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by thebrez1 View Post
    If I am in the home when a break-in occurs, I will need all the element of suprise I can have. Looking down a barrel tends to throw well laid plans into chaos quickly :)
    The pretty bright red dot making small circles in the middle of their chest ought to cause rectal failure

SURPRISE!!! BANG BANG!!

I can't believe it's been so long, and I haven't thought of this sooner. The decal states "Licensed to carry". What if you're in a state where they issue a "permit" rather than a license?

Needless to say, I stand by my earlier statements and recommend this product only for the most serious of "Mall Ninja".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

No sticker here thats the last thing I would advertise

"yaah officer, this guy must be nuts! He tried to run me off the road and at one point I am pretty sure he pointed a gun at me just before I cut across 2 lanes to get to the exit. I don't remember the color of the car but he had a sticker with a big A in a circle on his car!"

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    "yaah officer, this guy must be nuts! He tried to run me off the road and at one point I am pretty sure he pointed a gun at me just before I cut across 2 lanes to get to the exit. I don't remember the color of the car but he had a sticker with a big A in a circle on his car!"
    Yea... That would be the gist of it... Post made me laugh... Thanks..

I think this horse has been beaten enough..

Peace

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast