Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

Very bad idea; never advertise...

That's just like putting a sign on your car that says, "Rip me off!" Never advertise you're armed or own firearms. The only time you should advertise is to your elected officials. I don't even have NRA instructor decals on my vehicles. I do have them on my instructor binder and bags that are locked up out of sight.

As a data point, if you have a NV CFP, it is tied to everything in NV. Your plates, DL, everything. So if the registered owner of a vehicle also shows up as a possible CFP holder, it pops up. It wouldn't surprise me if your LVMPD blue cards are also somehow tied to your DL or plates.

Your UT CFP is also tied to your UT DL and plates as well.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

3. Got a big dawg bowl on the front porch that says killer on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Got a big dawg bowl on the front porch that says killer on it.
    Faking you have a dog in your yard is a very good way to make your home a less desirable target for burglary or home invasion. If you want to get more fancy, you could rig up dog barking sound effects to motion sensors and take some neighbor's dog feces and leave the land mines strategically placed in your yard. Better yet, be a foster pet owner or pet sit for a friend for a brief period of time to give your yard that "lived in" look. Many animal shelters do have a foster pet owner program. If you can afford to and can properly take care of a dog they are one of the best criminal deterrents systems out there. They don't want any unauthorized persons in their yard any more than you want them in your home.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Ditto about giving the BG info about your car. There are 'no-carry' places in this country--meaning you had to leave your weapon in the car at that location. Also, in a state where anyone can have a gun in their vehicle, such a decal indicates which vehicle should be robbed first.
    And don't forget what you may run into when entering assorted Federal Parks or Forests in certain locations... I don't know what kind of grief that might bring at the wrong gate at the wrong time... because many Park entrances are in some cases miles past the actual boundary of the Park, ie, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon...

You could be on Federal Grasslands and not even know it.
    **DumbAss Alert**: Global Warming is a SCAM, brought to you by a few activist scientists and a consensus of Politicians who you should know better than to trust.

"You have no idea how desperate you will be not to be ‘over'... You think you do, but you can't possibly know... until you're there..." ~ (paraphrased) Wm Shatner as "Denny Crane, Boston Legal"

"To disarm the people is the best way to enslave them..."~George Mason

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
    And don't forget what you may run into when entering assorted Federal Parks or Forests in certain locations... I don't know what kind of grief that might bring at the wrong gate at the wrong time... because many Park entrances are in some cases miles past the actual boundary of the Park, ie, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon...

You could be on Federal Grasslands and not even know it.
    WOW, that is a very good point! Really Good.:icon_great:
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Got a big dawg bowl on the front porch that says killer on it.
    lol I like that idea... if you don't have a real dog that is.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

8. I like the sigh that says ( caution protected by pit bull with aids)

9. They already know.

:03:I think putting anything that lets people know your armed is a real problem, thats why they called it concelled.
    As far as letting the police know, well if they go to pull you over once they run your tags it gives them that information, I know that for a fact I have two sons that are police officers. As advised by both sons is that if your pulled over and have your weapon on you just open your window put both hands on the steering wheel and and advise him or her that you have a concealed weapon.

Concealed is concealed , no gun signs .

If ya live out in the country and don't want people lurking around;
    A sign posted in your yard ,' Wildlife sanctuary ; danger- rattle snake area - protective boots and chaps suggested in this area ! Not responsible for accidents ' . If any service people get worried you can tell them you just went thru and picked up the snakes and let them go about a 100 yards away and they should be safe for a few hours. Tell them you don't like killing any of God's creatures , but if they have to it's OK. Sometimes ya just gotta be creative
    Last edited by burley; 06-09-2008 at 03:29 AM.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

http://www.helprebekah.com./

11. Decal

I have never seen that decal before, but I wouldn't use it or put one on my vehicle.
    I have a NRA decal on the side window of my car and the last time I got pulled over the cop became a complete Jerk because "You know your rights, huh!" I guess sometimes things like this can be bad, sometimes good. Most officers would probably respect the NRA decal, only a few would act asinine about it. It comes down to whether or not having any type of decal would be beneficial, in each individuals case, as to if you do or do not
    display one. Just be aware of both pros and cons. My last treatment was criminal in my book. I have left the NRA sticker in that window. It comes down to your choice.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast