Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

1. Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Ditto about giving the BG info about your car. There are 'no-carry' places in this country--meaning you had to leave your weapon in the car at that location. Also, in a state where anyone can have a gun in their vehicle, such a decal indicates which vehicle should be robbed first.
    What about a placard that you could display while driving but take down upon exiting your vehicle? When you are driving through a bad "hood", it can serve as a warning which effectively says -- "carjacking will be met with deadly force". Once you park your car, take the placard down so that your car isn't a target.

Quote Originally Posted by ToneGrail View Post
    What about a placard that you could display while driving but take down upon exiting your vehicle? When you are driving through a bad "hood", it can serve as a warning which effectively says -- "carjacking will be met with deadly force". Once you park your car, take the placard down so that your car isn't a target.
    I never been a carjacker so can not say from experience but if I saw a sign like that I don't know that it would stop me. I might just decide to be the first to do the shooting. I prefer to go incognito. I want the element of surprise to be on my side.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

it can serve as a warning which effectively says -- "carjacking will be met with deadly force".
    I'd bet it would serve some as another kind of alert...

"Yo, Baby!! A Car AND a Gun! JACKPOT!!"

Why would you seek to challenge the depths of someone's stupidity?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I never been a carjacker so can not say from experience but if I saw a sign like that I don't know that it would stop me. I might just decide to be the first to do the shooting. I prefer to go incognito. I want the element of surprise to be on my side.
    +1 , I don't want no 'target' on me. Jacker may be looking for a new gun and sees you have one so shoots ya to get it!
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

http://www.helprebekah.com./

Quote Originally Posted by ToneGrail View Post
    For those absolutely determined to make it painfully obvious to the entire world that they have a gun, it is unlikely that they can be helped.

Go ahead and attract all the carjackers, muggers, thugs and LEOs to yourself, and away from me. You may also make a good test case, so make sure you get a good lawyer. I look forward to reading the score in Westlaw.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    For those absolutely determined to make it painfully obvious to the entire world that they have a gun, it is unlikely that they can be helped.

Go ahead and attract all the carjackers, muggers, thugs and LEOs to yourself, and away from me. You may also make a good test case, so make sure you get a good lawyer. I look forward to reading the score in Westlaw.
    +1 I've got one thing to say about these folks "Can you say Mall Ninja?"

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

8. Thats the way I felt when I drove an armored truck. Big sign on side LOTS OF MONEY--most robberies were inside jobs

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Thats the way I felt when I drove an armored truck. Big sign on side LOTS OF MONEY--most robberies were inside jobs
    Armored cars were the first type of specific vehicle that I learned to spot. I could recognize what I called "money trucks" at age 2 or 3. Very nondescript, since it looks like a rolling bank vault.

It seems like if they actually wanted to keep from getting robbed, armored car companies would make the vans look anonymous and when possible pick up the money in a very low-profile way. Apparently that's not their goal.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Armored cars were the first type of specific vehicle that I learned to spot. I could recognize what I called "money trucks" at age 2 or 3. Very nondescript, since it looks like a rolling bank vault.

It seems like if they actually wanted to keep from getting robbed, armored car companies would make the vans look anonymous and when possible pick up the money in a very low-profile way. Apparently that's not their goal.
    Great point!
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

11. The part I disliked most was 38s or 9mm. Over arming was a liability.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast