Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 140

Thread: Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

  1. #41
    Precisely. This is why you'd never hear me warning a mugger "Stop, I have a gun!". Because if they have a gun also, they might just decide to kill you immediately.

    I'm more likely to say "Okay, here's my wallet, please don't hurt me!". A smarter mugger might wonder why I'm reaching to 4 o'clock for my wallet, but then smart muggers are probably a rare breed.

    Another thing you might hear me say is "Please! I'm a pacifist!". =) I actually do look like I might be a pacifist too, and this idea amuses me endlessly.

    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I never been a carjacker so can not say from experience but if I saw a sign like that I don't know that it would stop me. I might just decide to be the first to do the shooting. I prefer to go incognito. I want the element of surprise to be on my side.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

    -Mark Twain

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    Precisely. This is why you'd never hear me warning a mugger "Stop, I have a gun!". Because if they have a gun also, they might just decide to kill you immediately.

    I'm more likely to say "Okay, here's my wallet, please don't hurt me!". A smarter mugger might wonder why I'm reaching to 4 o'clock for my wallet, but then smart muggers are probably a rare breed.

    Another thing you might hear me say is "Please! I'm a pacifist!". =) I actually do look like I might be a pacifist too, and this idea amuses me endlessly.
    Most muggings that are violent from the beginning aren't done at a distance that gives you room to move around. In one-on-one incidents, they'll usually try to smother/grab you closely and jam the gun into your head while groping around for a wallet, or insist that you give it to them. If they can't get a good grip, they'll either try to beat you, or just shoot you early on and then take whatever they can get. That's pretty common in situations where a single attacker simply hides and waits for a victim to accost.

    Unless you have actually already drawn, you'd really need to be good at close-quarters combat to turn the situation around. Otherwise you're probably better off letting them have what they want and consider yourself lucky you made it out alive.

    Smarter lone muggers will go around chatting up different people trying to get money. If they see a good mark, they might try to intimidate you, and occasionally resort to a violent attack. These are the people you have the best chance of repelling; of course, they're also the easiest to deal with.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Isn't the motivation behind concealed carry supposed to be not advertising in any way that you're carrying? Decals and CCW badges take that away. I would definitely not have decals or badges advertising that I'm armed or have guns nearby. That's just drawing unwanted and unnecessary attention to themselves.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NE Portland, Oregon - PacNW
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Isn't the motivation behind concealed carry supposed to be not advertising in any way that you're carrying? Decals and CCW badges take that away. I would definitely not have decals or badges advertising that I'm armed or have guns nearby. That's just drawing unwanted and unnecessary attention to themselves.
    I suspect that what you are saying is so, but only as it applies to states where the requirement is that the firearm must remain concealed. The exception to that would be areas where open carry is permitted.

    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  6. There must be a market for them.

    I was amazed when I went to a Gun Show this weekend, and there was a vendor whose main product and advertising was for Concealed Weapons Badges.

    I don't know who comes up with these crazy ideas
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NE Portland, Oregon - PacNW
    Posts
    328

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmach View Post
    There must be a market for them.

    I was amazed when I went to a Gun Show this weekend, and there was a vendor whose main product and advertising was for Concealed Weapons Badges.

    I don't know who comes up with these crazy ideas
    I have seen the same at gun shows. However, more bizzare than just seeing them is witnessing the number of people that buy them.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by doublenutz View Post
    I suspect that what you are saying is so, but only as it applies to states where the requirement is that the firearm must remain concealed. The exception to that would be areas where open carry is permitted.

    Ok, so I was mistaken only mentioning how foolish this is for people who conceal carry. I think it is equally foolish for people openly carrying to do this too. Just because someone is open carrying does not mean they're trying to draw attention to themselves or the fact that they're carrying. Just like a person who is concealing, their primary purpose is self defense. Thus, I believe that whether a person conceals or carries out in the open, the only purpose these decals serve is to bring unwanted and unnecessary attention to oneself.

  9. I do like my (got ammo) shirt. Might wear a USMC tee and assorted ball caps with Glock- kimber- sig all are targets

  10. Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    For those absolutely determined to make it painfully obvious to the entire world that they have a gun, it is unlikely that they can be helped.

    Go ahead and attract all the carjackers, muggers, thugs and LEOs to yourself, and away from me. You may also make a good test case, so make sure you get a good lawyer. I look forward to reading the score in Westlaw.
    Oh, don't get me wrong here. I'm not advocating this. I'm just being the devils advocate. I actually agree that staying on the down-low is the preferable way.

  11. #50
    I came back to re-read this thread after seeing Armed Decal as a sponsor of my favorite site. After reading all five pages all I can say is that I hate when my full size M&P "prints". Why the hell do I want to advertise I'm a "gun toting, paranoid, freak"?

    I see the logic but, I disagree. While the red-neck in me wants a Nothing-In-Here-Worth-Dying-For sticker, I just can't do it.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast