Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I came back to re-read this thread after seeing Armed Decal as a sponsor of my favorite site. After reading all five pages all I can say is that I hate when my full size M&P "prints". Why the hell do I want to advertise I'm a "gun toting, paranoid, freak"?

I see the logic but, I disagree. While the red-neck in me wants a Nothing-In-Here-Worth-Dying-For sticker, I just can't do it.

I ordered a set before starting this thread. After reading through the arguments in favor and against (mostly against), I elected to file away the stickers as good memoribilia. The arguments against were pretty convincing that this may not be the best thing for me to display.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

While some may consider these stickers no worse then alarm company stickers, I prefer "concealed" carry. This means no visibility and no advertisement.

4. Thumbs down

I could not agree more, I do not like stickers or badges at all. The only one that needs to know that I have a gun on me, is me and the BG it’s aimed at.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

5. Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    I could not agree more, I do not like stickers or badges at all. The only one that needs to know that I have a gun on me, is me and the BG itís aimed at.
    "Badges? We don't got no badges! We don't need no badges!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

All of the "reasons" behind CWP badges and stickers seem to be a huge reach. They sound like something advertised on late-night infomercials...chicken basters with a built-in VCR or whatever. I'm thankful for their sponsorship of the site, though.

"Concealed means concealed" ... 'nough said!

8. If the silly sticker works like it's supposed to you're only sending a BG off to find some unprepared victim. The whole concept of concealed carry is to make it harder for the wolves to tell the sheep from the sheepdogs. Why help 'em?

There oughta be a question on the CCW app: "Do you intend to purchase a CCW badge?" If you answer YES, you don't get the permit on grounds of mental deficiency.

Jes' kiddin'.

Sorta.

frank.macher Guest
    Thanks to all, enjoyed the pro vs con aspects... I too agree, no sign no decal no advertising. A laugh to the badges quote, it reminded my of the stuff my NRA instructor, the lawyer, and the Sheriff Dept all said... All thos preotected by S&W shirts, signs, ball caps etc do is demonstrate to the unknowing that you are a vicious killer because you advertise that you want to shoot someone. Low key, concealed, prepared and vigilant.

Again, thanks - really a great discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by frank.macher View Post
    All thos preotected by S&W shirts, signs, ball caps etc do is demonstrate to the unknowing that you are a vicious killer because you advertise that you want to shoot someone.
    +1

It's ok if you're at an NRA convention or shooting event, but why would I want to provoke someone to say something, or possibly end up being a test case because I was in the wrong parking lot and someone decided to search my car? Unleashing that hornets nest is a job for a bunch of idle lawyers.

I don't think the sticker is a good idea. I like for people to know as little about me as possible.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast