Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Only if it's required in the state you're in. The only time I would notify if not required by law to do so is if it looks like the officer is about to search me.
    That is correct. If you posses a CPL in the States of Washington and Oregon- if your are pulled over, you are NOT REQUIRED to alert the officer when pulled over. However, it is a courtesy and usually lets the officer know that you are a good guy. It would be wise if you are asked to step out of the car for any reason to alert the officer that you have a firearm within the vehicle, where it is located, and how he/she would like you to proceed.

For the record, since I started this thread, I have received my Armed Decals but I elected to put them away in my box of goodies and not use them. The arguments in this thread against their use are very compeling and wise advice.

I neglected to mention that they are a site supporter and we should all remain very encouraged to do business with our site supporters. I would be interested in learning some of Glock Fans advice on how we all might use these devices in a way that could contribute to the causes of site supporters like ArmedDecal.com .
    Last edited by doublenutz; 09-21-2008 at 10:30 AM.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by doublenutz View Post
    That is correct. If you posses a CPL in the States of Washington and Oregon- if your are pulled over, you are NOT REQUIRED to alert the officer when pulled over. However, it is a courtesy and usually lets the officer know that you are a good guy. It would be wise if you are asked to step out of the car for any reason to alert the officer that you have a firearm within the vehicle, where it is located, and how he/she would like you to proceed.

For the record, since I started this thread, I have received my Armed Decals but I elected to put them away in my box of goodies and not use them. The arguments in this thread against their use are very compeling and wise advice.

I neglected to mention that they are a site supporter and we should all remain very encouraged to do business with our site supporters. I would be interested in learning some of Glock Fans advice on how we all might use these devices in a way that could contribute to the causes of site supporters like ArmedDecal.com .
    It's the same here in Indiana. No one ever includes Indiana in the list of America's most gun friendly states, but when you consider that we are shall issue, have lifetime permits, have the Castle Doctrine with civil immunity, aren't required to notify, and allow carry in places that most other states have established as being off limits (such as hospitals, polling places, and churches), how can anyone not see why it's among this nation's most gun friendly states?

Thumbs up

It's the same here in Indiana. No one ever includes Indiana in the list of America's most gun friendly states, but when you consider that we are shall issue, have lifetime permits, have the Castle Doctrine with civil immunity, aren't required to notify, and allow carry in places that most other states have established as being off limits (such as hospitals, polling places, and churches), how can anyone not see why it's among this nation's most gun friendly states?
    That is pretty darn friendly! What about open carry?
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Couple of list members have sent me private messages asking for my suggetions. I won't post them publicly, but I will provide the info to all that ask.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

That is pretty darn friendly! What about open carry?
    Only with a permit. And I forgot to mention that Indiana recognizes permits from every state and foreign country.

Question

Only with a permit. And I forgot to mention that Indiana recognizes permits from every state and foreign country.
    Are you saying there is a special permit required for Open Carry or, that any concealed permit is suitable?
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Couple of list members have sent me private messages asking for my suggetions. I won't post them publicly, but I will provide the info to all that ask.

gf

Please do GF,,, I am very interested so that I can put my Armed Decals to good use.

Thanks
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Please do GF,,, I am very interested so that I can put my Armed Decals to good use.

Thanks

I'm not publicly posting my suggestions out of respect for the "Armeddecal.com" company.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I'm not publicly posting my suggestions out of respect for the "Armeddecal.com" company.
    gf
    I am sorry GF, I should have made myself more clear... Please do send me the private message.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Are you saying there is a special permit required for Open Carry or, that any concealed permit is suitable?
    It's kinda funny how open carry works here in Indiana. You can carry either openly or concealed with an Indiana permit. Out of state permits are recognized "according to the terms therein." That means if a permit specifies "concealed" (ie., the Concealed deadly weapons permit from Kentucky or the concealed weapons permit from Florida), then you can only carry concealed here in Indiana. If the permit doesn't specify the mode of carry (ie., Class A LTC from PRMA or Pistol/Revolver license from NH), then you can carry either openly or concealed. Does that clear things up for you?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast