You have to read this.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You have to read this.

You have to read this.

This is posts from another forum but it lets you know what some LEO'S think about people with CCL/CCP. Maybe it was posted before but I didn't find it.

Disarming CCW carriers. - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com

Just shameful.
    Last edited by Ruger Lady; 06-04-2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Forgot to add my comment.
    New York State Consolidated Laws, Civil Rights, Article 2-Bill of Rights, Section 4

S 4. Right to keep and bear arms. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger Lady View Post
    This is posts from another forum but it lets you know what some LEO'S think about people with CCL/CCP. Maybe it was posted before but I didn't find it.0

Disarming CCW carriers. - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com
    Page after page of the usual hate-filled arrogance and disrespect officers demonstrate towards 'mere' citizens; more proof that those who would choose positions of authority are likely the ones who should not have it.

Soon the apologists will be along with all of the expected 'cops can do no wrong' and if you're mistreated it's only because you deserve it comments.

:bicycle:
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Can you say ABUSE OF POWER?. There ae many good LEO's but there are some who think that just because they wear a badge they are above everyone else. It is a shame because the few that are like the above give a bad name to the others.
    Last edited by HK4U; 06-04-2008 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

My stops have been very well done. Presented CCW with DL .Officer Asked if I had it ? yes I had 2 45 inbetween seats and 32 in pocket. Never asked to see them or even talked about them.
    Last edited by kwo51; 06-04-2008 at 10:11 PM.

These remarks are so contrary to my personal experience with LEO's so far. Sounds like I've been lucky.
    It makes you wonder if some of these LEO's ever had a psychological profile as part of their hiring process. And if they did, how were they accepted?
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

I don't really think that these posts represent even a small minority of LEO's and wonder at times if those even are LEO to start with. However the attitudes range all over the place on how to handle anything. For instance watch this and see how you would handle it if you were a LEO and if you were the one being stopped. Usually the most vocal ones about these types of things are in the minority whether right or wrong. If this has been posted before I apologize but......

https://www.checkpointusa.org/DHS/video/BPRoadblock.wmv

Those jackbooted thugs are from Detroit, DC, and CA. Are we surprised AT ALL? They keep saying, "Just deal with not having your gun for 15 minutes...." I'm surprised nobody has replied back, "Why don't you do the same & see how it feels?" Glad I live where citizen carry isn't a big deal. Been pulled over twice since getting my license, & the most acknowledgement I've ever received is "Please keep your hands on the steering wheel and we won't have a problem."
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

WOW..Yeah a few of the LEO opinions are a bit gruff. A few need to ride along with other LEO across the country. :) In that manner a few of the CCW are being a bit out there too. I've yet to be disarmed, but I try not to break the law or get pulled over either. The few times I have had an encounter were just the "Just don't shoot me", type of encounters. I expect that disarming may happen especially in the inner cities. It sucks but the consequences for the officers could be bad if they did not. I think the gist of importance in this debate is RESPECT. Be respectful, polite, and follow instructions to the letter when the officer arrives. Be respectful, polite, and understanding when you arrive at the car you just pulled over. 99 percent of the officers out there are very pro 2A and ccw. There are just a few that have no background in guns, and all they see with firearms is violence. I personally cannot blame them for their attitudes. Its up to LEO and CCW as a community to educate understand and respect that we are all on the same side. We are all in one way or another sheepdogs!!! Carry on Law Enforcment....Carry on CCW!!!
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Rest assured folks, I did some research on the folks posting some of the more outrageous comments. They're not really LEO. More like "Mall Ninja" wanna be types. Some folks have nothing better to do than to post stuff that will PO the average citizen. :invision: Keep in mind that that forum is open to non-LEO and is subject to the rules of the forum.

Like television was while growing up, now we have to keep in mind that we can't believe everything we hear/see on the internet.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I hope your right Glock Fan. I have never been pulled over(knock on wood) and posts like these really scare me.
    New York State Consolidated Laws, Civil Rights, Article 2-Bill of Rights, Section 4

S 4. Right to keep and bear arms. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast