10min. ago..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10min. ago.....

The whole reason they're on bicycles to begin with is to establish more of a rapport with citizens and get people to see them in a capacity other than anonymous cops in patrol cars. Rather than trying to be intimidating, they should try to engage in casual conversation. That's basic human intelligence. It might be worth it if they happened to chat up the next Ted Bundy or someone who knows about an incident in the area.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    I will take the water mellon.

Just don't swallow the seeds. ;)

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

4. Self fertelizinge. Bike patrol is so guiet the drug dealers and other crime went away in a small town here. Also when reports of a large lizzard eating dogs and cats the night life stopped.

5. In the immortal words of the great Sgt Hulka, Lighten Up Francis!!

If you can't laugh at yourself there are sure to be plenty of others to do it for you. Get a grip! I have a cop friend ahd he says his Chief has forbidden any of his officers going into any donut shop in uniform! Sheesh!
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Lucky he didn't run you over with his bike.
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

people without a sense of humor bore the crap out of me.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

8. Cops are a different breed from a Police Officer, IMHO.

Many of today's Robocops are a PITA, with no sense of humor. :( Give them some time and seasoning and the young Robocop may turn in to a Cop.

Biker

Editted to add: Every young Police Officer fresh from the Academy needs a "beat down" by an old school con.
    Last edited by BikerRN; 09-16-2008 at 04:02 AM.

9. Just tell the their fly is down and get on with it.

10. Cop at Doughnut Shop Raises Hackles

Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    I meant only to point out the similarity between the two harmful stereotypes, both of which I think are unacceptable.
    I didn't mean to infer anything about the race of the police officers. My apologies to anyone who thought I was.

I'll edit out the remark now, since I don't want it to be misinterpreted.
    This is how I had figured you were using the stereotype. As for me (I am white) I always heard both the Black or poor people's food (I grew up poor) was watermelon--in fact I ate a 1/4 of one myself the other night.

Now to get back on track---ever since Clinton wanted to boost the amount of cops in the nation by about 100,000 we have seen more and more the over aggressive, macho, I am better than you attitude in police nation wide. Most police are still decent law abiding citizens who happen to be police, it is just that the incidence of psychologically challenged, ignorant, machismo bent I am better than you police has risen substantially with this huge and unnecessary increase of police presence nationwide. Too many people are slipping through the cracks of the system and being hired as officers who do not have the mental capacity or maturity to perform the job.

In the instance indicated in the first comment, had it been me, I would have made a joke back, perhaps along the lines of, "Well, at least you're not commenting on the biker shorts!"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    The whole reason they're on bicycles to begin with is to establish more of a rapport with citizens and get people to see them in a capacity other than anonymous cops in patrol cars. Rather than trying to be intimidating, they should try to engage in casual conversation. That's basic human intelligence. It might be worth it if they happened to chat up the next Ted Bundy or someone who knows about an incident in the area.

The whole reason they're on bicycles to begin with is to establish more of a rapport with citizens and get people to see them in a capacity other than anonymous cops in patrol cars

I thought it was to work off the donuts.
    Last edited by HK4U; 07-04-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast