10min. ago.....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10min. ago.....

Talking 10min. ago.....

....my daughter and I were taking a walk downtown. I needed some cigars and she wanted a sprinkle douoghnut from Dunkin' D's next to the convenience store. Wouldn't you know that right therein front of DD were two city cops on bike patrol. I like the local PD and even shoot with one on occassion. But, I couldn't resist. So I say to one "don't hang out in front of the donut shop too long or people will start making jokes." He glares at me, obviously not as amused as I was, and replies with " be careful." To that I responded "Always. You too." They pedaled off shortly thereafter. He took himself too seriously. I thought it was really funny.
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

I thought it was funny. I would have chuckled or at least smiled. What is it with LEO's these days. I had a minor encounter Sunday, kinda similar to yours. I was pulling into my local shooting range, where apparently, our treasurer punched in the alarm code wrong and set off the alarm, unbenounced to him. The state police came and everything was straightened out and that is when I pulled into the parking lot. I smiled and wave but the troopers just gave me a look that made me feel like a criminal. I felt for sure that they were going to come over and start interrogating me but they just left. Did you get that look when he said "be careful"?
    New York State Consolidated Laws, Civil Rights, Article 2-Bill of Rights, Section 4

S 4. Right to keep and bear arms. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.

Yeah. He should know that "contempt of cop" is not a crime. I meant it in fun and it should have been easily read. Antway, I'm over it. I hope he is too.
    Legalize Freedom!

I guess "truth hurts" would apply to this situation. Had a similar incident with Maui Police while one cruiser was parked out in front of Krispy Kreme. I actually offered him a doughnut from the box I just purchased, the guy got all bent.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Talking ^^^^ Lol^^^^

that's funny right there
    Legalize Freedom!

Talking That's not near as bad...

A few years back the Albequerky PD actually landed a helicopter in a vacant lot next to a donut shop. Made the evening news and got 4 dudes suspended. Bad day for needing a donut fix.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Normally I'm never the one for defending snobby cops, but I have to step up for them on this one. The donut stereotype is kind of insulting.

Let's face it - donuts are DELICIOUS, and go great with coffee.

Oh my god, I might actually have to make a donut run now. Thanks a lot, whiskey... ;)
    Last edited by ishi; 06-26-2008 at 04:55 AM.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    Normally I'm never the one for defending snobby cops, but I have to step up for them on this one. The donut stereotype is kind of insulting, I mean would you go up to a black guy and offer him watermelon? Okay, I bet some people here would, but you get my point.

Let's face it - donuts are DELICIOUS, and go great with coffee.

Oh my god, I might actually have to make a donut run now. Thanks a lot, whiskey... ;)

Now this racism is not necessary. No mention of the race of the cops were ever mentioned. Don't care what the race, gender, religion, etc. of the cop is. If I'm given an opportunity to legally have a little fun with them, I'm doing it. As for the black guys and watermelon, I've done it in the past. I've also offered the watermelon to the white guy, asian guy, hispanic guy, etc that was standing next to him.

The whole point is that you hear a lot about cops and doughnut shops. When you see a couple of cops actually at a doughnut shop, I think it's safe to assume that they like doughnuts. It's funny how being nice and offering them a doughnut can cause them to flip out. In their line of work they should have a "cool head" and not be "insulted" when someone offers them a tasty treat. They should be trained to evaluate the "whole situation" before making a judgment. I realize that LEO are human and have feelings like the average citizen. The cops in both situations should have handled themselves a little better. If they're gonna get "hurt feelings" about folks offering them a doughnut in front of a doughnut shop then they should 1) hang out someplace else 2) find another job or 3) learn how to simply say "thanks, but no thanks.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I meant only to point out the similarity between the two harmful stereotypes, both of which I think are unacceptable.
    I didn't mean to infer anything about the race of the police officers. My apologies to anyone who thought I was.

I'll edit out the remark now, since I don't want it to be misinterpreted.
    Last edited by ishi; 06-26-2008 at 04:54 AM.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

11. I will take the water mellon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast