Bad time at the Arch in St. Louis Non ccw - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad time at the Arch in St. Louis Non ccw

Pardon my French, but you gotta be shittin' me! Why should the manner in which a knife is opened determine whether or not it is legal? Then again, the term "switchblade," much like the term "assault rifle," sounds like some semantic wordplay that was developed by antis to make them seem worse than they really are, in order to get them outlawed.

Aparently they have tried...

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Kershaw should nail them for discrimination. They're specifically targeting Kershaw"s product.

gf

So I emailed Kershaw and they've said that the NPS has been doing this and that they've tried to get them to change the sign.

May be "we" need to do something.

From............:
    Email...........:
    Phone...........:
    Urgency.........: Normal
    Subject.......: Undefined (Kershaw)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    To Whom it may concern:
    My name is , I am writing to inform you that your knives are being descriminated against at our national monuments.
    I own a few of your "assisted opening" type knives that I love. I recently took a trip to the Arch In St. Louis. Not thinking that a 2 1/2 inch pocket knife would be a problem at a national monument I took along my Scallion. As it turns out the national park service consider ALL your knives to be switchblades. There is a sign on the door that describes "illegal" knives, such as switchblades, butterfly knives, knives with blades over 4 in, and KERSHAW knives. It doesn't mention any other brands that have "assisted Opening" only Kershaw. I understand about the others but to single out only one brand of knife is crazy in my mind. Needless to say I didn't enter the arch.
    Someone needs to inform them that there are other manufactures out there with the same style of knives and to change the sign to more general wording. I guess I figgure that the National Pars service would rather hear about it from a company suck as yourselves rather than a regular ol Joe like myself. I will alyways carry my kershaw and nothing will change that.

Kershaw Knife‏
    You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
    Sent: Mon 7/14/08 2:48 PM
    To:

Mr. ,

Yes we are aware of this sign. It has been going on for several years now.

We have tried and tried to contest this with no luck. I cannot even get a response from them. They are not worried about knives in general, just with speed of opening, I guess there is an intent to kill.

Silly.

We have had people get tickets. Some have paid. Others have not and have asked for a court hearing, which they will not grant. It is basically like a parking ticket I have been told.

Actually it may be better from you, since you said that you did not enter because of this. I would love to be able to educate them on the fact that others make assisted knives.

Jeff Goddard

Director of Sales & Marketing-Sport Division

Kai USA, Ltd.

Kershaw Knives, ZT Knives, Shun Cutlery

18600 SW Teton Ave

Tualatin, OR 97062

503-682-1966

503-682-7168fx

jeff@kai-usa.com NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
    Andrew

I wouldn't waste my effort writing to the government agency. If Kersha was serious about fighting the feds, they would have done something already.

Be careful on educating the government. Doing so may lead to future restrictions.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

5. My Take On It

Here's what I think about this can carry, can't carry, state parks, federal this and federal that, state this and state that BS..............A law abiding American citizen with a license to CARRY should be allowed in ALL states and ALL PLACES and also on domestic airline flights, ON UNITED STATES OF AMERICA SOIL. PERIOD.............................No ands, ifs, or buts about it
    You bet your ass I carry cocked and locked

IMO any ban on any weapon is a violation of 2A but last time I checked my opinion is irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiKid View Post
    A law abiding American citizen with a license to CARRY should be allowed in ALL states and ALL PLACES and also on domestic airline flights, ON UNITED STATES OF AMERICA SOIL. PERIOD.............................No ands, ifs, or buts about it
    IMO the unconstitutional ban on weapons on planes is what made 9/11 possible. Gun control, Weapon control AKA Anti Self Defense laws aid and abet terrorists, rapists, thieves, robbers murders and criminals of all kinds. Not one has ever benefited a single law abiding citizens. They have never ever stopped a single crime. Not once. The only verifiable consequence of any of these laws is that they get the law abiding raped robbed assaulted murdered and terrorized
    Last edited by LongRider; 09-12-2008 at 03:46 AM.
    Those who would, deny, require permit, qualification, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    If they're going to make laws, rules, etc., they should have logical reasoning behind them.

gf
    Then there wouldn't be any "common sense" or "reasonable" gun restrictions!

Why this law? Because it makes people FEEEEL good....
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12