Veteran arrested in front of his son & fellow boy scouts for "rude weapon display". - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Veteran arrested in front of his son & fellow boy scouts for "rude weapon display".

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Not quite sure what the law is in Texas regarding open carrying rifles, but this guy was an ass. His poor attitude and mouth that wont shut for more than 1 second sure doesnt set a good example for his children, nor does it help his situation. If this guy really thought his rights were being violated, he should have shut up and taken it to court.

The article says "He would only be in trouble if he had been carrying the rifle in a way calculated to cause alarm”. Obviously this guy caused alarm because somebody called the police on him for walking down a street with an AR-15 on strapped on his chest. And based on his history of controversial blogging, I think this guy was most likely out looking for trouble. He has a camera readily available and a person to conveniently video tape it.
    While I somewhat agree with you that he could have handled it better, I must add the following thoughts to this discussion...

It's not against the law to open carry a long gun in the state of Texas.

It's also not against the law to "be an a$$"... nor is he breaking any laws by having "a poor attitude"... he is also not breaking any laws because he simply did not choose to "shut his mouth".

Is there also some new law that prohibits Americans from having a history of "controversial bloggings" on the interwebs!? If that was the case, then you should have most of us on this forum locked up also, (me included).

You 'think' that this guy was out "looking for trouble"?
    So we are all 'mind readers' now?
    Shall we arrest people for what we "think" they might do?

As far as having a 'camera readily available'...So what??
    Almost everyone has smart phone cameras available nowadays!
    Is that also a crime??

S M H
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post

It's also not against the law to "be an a$$"... nor is he breaking any laws by having "a poor attitude"... he is also not breaking any laws because he simply did not choose to "shut his mouth".

Is there also some new law that prohibits Americans from having a history of "controversial bloggings" on the interwebs!? If that was the case, then you should have most of us on this forum locked up also, (me included).

Is that also a crime??

S M F H
    He is a cop groupie. No mind of his own.

While I somewhat agree with you that he could have handled it better, I must add the following thoughts to this discussion...

Is that also a crime??

S M H
    The way this guy handled the situation does not help his case one bit. I will not pretend to be an internet lawyer and say his rights were or were not violated like many internet lawyers are deciding. I think this guy was out looking for trouble, and I dont have to be a "mind reader" to come to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    He is a cop groupie. No mind of his own.
    He's an anti-cop groupie. No mind of his own, evidenced by referring to the usual personal attacks against a poster with different opinions.

The way this guy handled the situation does not help his case one bit. I will not pretend to be an internet lawyer and say his rights were or were not violated like many internet lawyers are deciding. I think this guy was out looking for trouble, and I dont have to be a "mind reader" to come to that conclusion.
    Maybe the way that the 'overzealous' cop/s handled the situation didn't help in this case one bit.

Maybe the cop was the one who was 'out looking for trouble' and trying to act like a bad a$$.

Maybe the cop needs to lay off of the coffee & donuts.

Maybe the cop has an ego that's bigger than Texas.

Maybe the cop forgot that he is suppoded to 'serve' the public, not 'physically assault' the public.

I'm no mind reader either, but I have come to those conclusions about that cop....

But none of that answers any of my questions that I asked you earlier,
    So I'll ask it again, more directly.....

"What Law Has This Citizen Taxpayer Broken" to merit being;

1) Physically Manhandled.
    2) Having his personal firearms Confiscated.
    3) Being Seperated from his own child.
    4) Arrested like a common Criminal?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Obviously my openly carried handgun caused alarm to a few liberals last summer as well. Was I arrested for doing what I have the right to do? NO. Did any officer ever think it was a good idea to grab at my sidearm? HELL NO! I will shoot anyone for that. Those cops were stupid and acting outside official capacity. An officer's OPINION does not become law just because he deems his opinion more important than another's.

Your fear of another person's fear is stupid. Your willingness to surrender your rights to a LEO just because he wants you to suggests that you are stupid on a whole new level. What you are doing right now is considered blogging. Your avatar is a gadsden flag, you,lobby online, in your blog, for the right to carry which is now a controversial topic in this nation. By the standards you set for others, you condemned yourself. Maybe you should leave your firearm at home because you are a controversial blogger. Just as another's opinion does not negate your right to protect yourself, at same opinion does not negate the RESPONSIBILITY of Msgt. Grisham to protect that scout troop, and at the same time be secure in his own person.

The camera was there to document the hike, as required, so his son could become an eagle scout, as the article and Msgt. Grisham both state.
    I dont care what did or did not take place when you open carried your handgun in Wisconsin, this thread is a gun open carrying an AR15 in Texas. And who are you to decide the police officers' actions were "stupid and outside official capacity"? You seem to think you can do a better job at being a police officer than our current police force. You are one of those people who thinks they can do anyone's job better than they can, but yet you have posted several times about not even having a job...

I am not a trained Texas police officer, nor am I a Texas lawyer.
    This guy handled the situation poorly. If his rights were violated, he should take it to court.

Maybe the way that the 'overzealous' cop handled the situation didn't help in this case one bit.
    Maybe the cop was the one who was 'out looking for trouble' and trying to act like a bad a$$.
    Maybe the cop needs to lay off of the caffiene.

Blah Blah BLAH!

But none of that answers any of my questions,
    So I'll ask it more directly.....

"What Law Has This Citizen Taxpayer Broken" to merit being; Manhandled, Seperated from his own child and then Arrested?
    You clearly have bad feelings towards police officers so this discussion will never go anywhere.

As for the cop on "caffeine"- He was the one who was calm. The guy with the AR15 is the one screaming, complaining, and running his mouth. He needs to lay off the cocaine.
    As for the cop being a "bad a$$"- The cop is just responding to a call. The guy in the video is the one trying to be a bada$$ walking down a street with his AR15 strapped up like he is going to war on that Texas road.

Ill tell you more directly... I am not a Texas police officer, nor a Texas lawyer. Are you a Texas police officer? Are you a Texas lawyer? Didnt think so. Ask one of them.

You clearly have bad feelings towards police officers so this discussion will never go anywhere.

As for the cop on "caffeine"- He was the one who was calm. The guy with the AR15 is the one screaming, complaining, and running his mouth. He needs to lay off the cocaine.
    As for the cop being a "bad a$$"- The cop is just responding to a call. The guy in the video is the one trying to be a bada$$ walking down a street with his AR15 strapped up like he is going to war on that Texas road.

Ill tell you more directly... I am not a Texas police officer, nor a Texas lawyer. Are you a Texas police officer? Are you a Texas lawyer? Didnt think so. Ask one of them.
    I do not have bad feeling towards the cops in general, just the few bad ones who tend to act like the Gestapo and seem to casually violate our Constitutional Rights & Freedoms, but my feelings are irrelevant in this case anyways.

However, You sir are the one who is defending the police in this case...
    Why?

I'll ask you again....

What actual LAW did this Fellow Citizen break to warrant such ill treatment and then arrest from these cops?

If I am out jogging at night with my CHL and someone calls the cops to report a 'suspicious jogger'...
    Should the cops have the right & the power to; Violate my freedoms, manhandle me, confiscate my personal sidearm & take me to jail simply because I'm being rude to them or just because they 'feel like it'?
    ~Outlaw~

I do not have bad feeling towards the cops in general, just the few bad ones who tend to act like the Gestapo and seem to casually violate our Constitutional Rights & Freedoms, but my feelings are irrelevant in this case anyways.

However, You sir are the one who is defending the police in this case...
    Why?

I'll ask you again....

What actual LAW did this Fellow Citizen break to warrant such ill treatment and then arrest from these cops?

If I am out jogging at night with my CHL and someone calls the cops to report a 'suspicious jogger'...Should the cops have the right & the power to; violate my freedoms, manhandle me, confiscate my personal sidearm & take me to jail simply because I'm being rude to them?
    You have continually insulted the police, so yes you do have bad feelings towards them which blinds you. I havent defended what the police did because Im not a lawyer. I will defend their attitude compared to the guy with the AR15. The police may or may not have violated his rights, but at least they acted like grown ups during the encounter.

Ill tell you again because you seem to not understand. I AM NOT A LAWYER AND WILL NOT GIVE YOU FREE INTERNET LAWYER LEGAL OPINIONS.

You have continually insulted the police, so yes you do have bad feelings towards them which blinds you. I havent defended what the police did because Im not a lawyer. I will defend their attitude compared to the guy with the AR15. The police may or may not have violated his rights, but at least they acted like grown ups during the encounter.

Ill tell you again because you seem to not understand. I AM NOT A LAWYER AND WILL NOT GIVE YOU FREE INTERNET LAWYER LEGAL OPINIONS.
    Nope...Wrong again!
    I have not "Continually Insulted The Police"...(I am actually a former Federal Reserve Police Officer & Military Police Officer).
    I am simply asking you legitimate questions which you seem to not want to answer.

FYI...Most cops are decent human beings, but some are not.
    ~Outlaw~

Nope...Wrong again!
    I have not "Continually Insulted The Police"...(I am actually a former Federal Reserve Police Officer & Military Police Officer).
    I am simply asking you legitimate questions which you seem to not want to answer.

FYI...Most cops are decent human beings, but some are not.
    I have no more expertise in Texas law than you do. Why dont you go research the law and inform us all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast