Veteran arrested in front of his son & fellow boy scouts for "rude weapon display". - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Veteran arrested in front of his son & fellow boy scouts for "rude weapon display".

  1. #31
    Here's a good start for your legal research:

    Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

    (1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

    (2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

    (3) creates, by chemical means, a noxious and unreasonable odor in a public place;

    (4) abuses or threatens a person in a public place in an obviously offensive manner;

    (5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;

    (6) fights with another in a public place;

    (7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;

    (8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post

    He's an anti-cop groupie. No mind of his own, evidenced by referring to the usual personal attacks against a poster with different opinions.
    Your only opinion is that cops are saints and can do no wrong. So, yeah, I disagree with it because it's stupid.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Here's a good start for your legal research:

    Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

    (1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

    (2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

    (3) creates, by chemical means, a noxious and unreasonable odor in a public place;

    (4) abuses or threatens a person in a public place in an obviously offensive manner;

    (5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;

    (6) fights with another in a public place;

    (7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;

    (8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
    And what, exactly is "indecent" language? Can the cop just say it was indecent because you told him you do not consent to a search? I did not see the Msgt make any obscene or threatening gestures, nor did I see him use profanity until his 4th amendment rights were violated.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Here's a good start for your legal research:

    Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

    (1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

    (2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

    (3) creates, by chemical means, a noxious and unreasonable odor in a public place;

    (4) abuses or threatens a person in a public place in an obviously offensive manner;

    (5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;

    (6) fights with another in a public place;

    (7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;

    (8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
    You can be arrested for farting in public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Goosetown in the Pintlers
    Posts
    417
    Mightn't this be an example of 18 USC 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law?

    Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.
    Highlights mine.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    And what, exactly is "indecent" language? Can the cop just say it was indecent because you told him you do not consent to a search? I did not see the Msgt make any obscene or threatening gestures, nor did I see him use profanity until his 4th amendment rights were violated.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    You can be arrested for farting in public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You guys are arguing with me as if Im the one who wrote Texas law which I can assure you I did not.


    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Your only opinion is that cops are saints and can do no wrong. So, yeah, I disagree with it because it's stupid.
    "It's stupid"- Good explanation. And thanks for putting words in my mouth, I appreciate you telling me what I think.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Goosetown in the Pintlers
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter2384 View Post
    Refer to this supreme court decision: John Bad Elk vs. United States, 1900
    Thanks. I'll look this up.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    You guys are arguing with me as if Im the one who wrote Texas law which I can assure you I did not.

    nope. We are not.


    "It's stupid"- Good explanation. And thanks for putting words in my mouth, I appreciate you telling me what I think.
    i did not put words in your mouth. I just narrated your knee jerk reactions to any post questioning an officer's misconduct.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    You can be arrested for farting in public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hahahaha!! So when I drop one in the furniture aisle at walmart and stand there watching the expressions on people's faces, it's a crime?! Lolz What about the "it wasn't me" excuse? Is that still valid? Innocent until proven guilty!

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    i did not put words in your mouth. I just narrated your knee jerk reactions to any post questioning an officer's misconduct.
    You are a classic example of a knee jerk reaction to just about anything where a police officer is mentioned as well

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast