Veteran arrested in front of his son & fellow boy scouts for "rude weapon display". - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Veteran arrested in front of his son & fellow boy scouts for "rude weapon display".

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    You have continually insulted the police, so yes you do have bad feelings towards them which blinds you. I havent defended what the police did because Im not a lawyer. I will defend their attitude compared to the guy with the AR15. The police may or may not have violated his rights, but at least they acted like grown ups during the encounter.

    Ill tell you again because you seem to not understand. I AM NOT A LAWYER AND WILL NOT GIVE YOU FREE INTERNET LAWYER LEGAL OPINIONS.
    Did they act like adults? Did the first cop on the scene try to take the guy's rifle (that he was legally carrying) without asking for it? Did the cop choose to treat the guy as a lawbreaker without any evidence of such? If someone, cop or not, came up to me and tried to grab my gun (without discussing it with me), I'd be pretty upset as well. Did the cop imply that cops being armed were good, citizens being armed bad? It appeared that way to me.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Did they act like adults? Did the first cop on the scene try to take the guy's rifle (that he was legally carrying) without asking for it? Did the cop choose to treat the guy as a lawbreaker without any evidence of such? If someone, cop or not, came up to me and tried to grab my gun (without discussing it with me), I'd be pretty upset as well. Did the cop imply t
    hat cops being armed were good, citizens being armed bad? It appeared that way to me.
    he doen't care. he accuses anyone who cares to call bs on his badge worship a "cop hater." FYI dessertbeagle, I get along fine with most LEOs. just have no patience with a crooked cop. or their groupies. why is that so hard for you to understand? do you really like the taste of their boots that much? you should have named yourself smithers.

  4. Both handled it unprofessionally.

    Master Sergeant Grisham could have exercised his 5th Amendment right, simply state in a respectable and calm tone that He is exercising his constitutional rights by openly carrying his rifle, and concealed carrying his sidearm, he has not broken any law and he does not consent to any search and seizure. "END" conversation from there.

    Talking rudely, raising your tone, does not end well.
    The supreme court has mention that detention should not last longer than 15-20 minutes, If you keep mouthing off, it prevents the officer from conducting an investigation therefor he should arrest you for resisting a temporary detention.


    However, police officers "SHOULD NOT" detain a person without being suspected of a crime unless he is certain that open carry is illegal, the officer can follow or approach a man with a gun and "ASK" what he's doing walking around with a gun as he is required to by his superiors, whether you like it or not, they have to respond to every call and treat you the same way they have to treat a potential criminal with a gun!
    "again, simply state You are exercising your constitutional right to keep and bear arms and would like to be sent on your way, if an officer continues to question you, say you'd like to be released from the officers illegal detention, ask for the officers ID, badge number, supervisors name, and department office location.
    The officer should let you go, if not.. keep your mouth shut, let him do what he needs to do, record the incident if possible and take the complaint to both IA or file a civil suit, there's really nothing your mouth can do to change a mind of a uneducated officer. unfortunately that's just how it works :(

    Then you can file a civil suit.


    a smart police officer should have charged him with obstruction and disorderly conduct while detained, just saying! but the charges that the officer filed on this case is way stupid and will not stick,
    I know he wants the officer fired from his last video blog, but that wont work, disciplinary action is not even just.. probably just a group meeting on the laws is what will happen to this officer.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    Interesting premise.
    I wonder what would be the outcome if a person did stand their ground and fired on, perhaps killed LE in a situation where the person was being threatened by LE?

    If the law is blind and LE act like thugs, then they are thugs and a person should be able to protect themself from them, even if that means resorting to lethal force.

    I have a feeling it wouldn't play out that way though.
    Of course. What is it the local papers always say? "We don't print news stories about our elected officials."

  6. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    he doen't care. he accuses anyone who cares to call bs on his badge worship a "cop hater." FYI dessertbeagle, I get along fine with most LEOs. just have no patience with a crooked cop. or their groupies. why is that so hard for you to understand? do you really like the taste of their boots that much? you should have named yourself smithers.
    Tricolordouche, I really don't care one bit about what you post. You can just save us all the trouble by accepting that I disagree with you, and then you can stop addressing me and insulting me in every post regarding police.

  7. #46
    Probably prejudice on this being former LEO including some hot times during the MLK riots. Both cops seem very tolerant - even bored - "Oh no, not one of these guys." Seems to come down to the times. Compliance vs. outcome. Fact vs. opinion. Are the cops gonna comply with the 2nd amendment and state laws or are they gonna insure a safe outcome? Fact is his carry is legal under the constitution but front carry sure looks different than slung arms in most anyone's opinion. Cops are always gonna err on the side of their safety. I was most surprised that the arriving Sgt. didn't break both guns down right there on camera. Our proud veteran seemed to have lost it and was being unnecessarily difficult. Had he been able to control his self-righteous indignation the outcome could have been much better. Right or wrong, legal or not, we all know the proper thing to do when approached by police is to comply with their instructions now, and sort out the legality later in court. I can't think of anywhere in the U.S. that a man could walk down the street with an AR on his chest and not have some citizen call it in and not have an immediate police response. Anyone puzzled over that doesn't track the news. Sorry, in my opinion all this escalated because the Sgt. decided the police were doing their job wrong. His "opinion" flies in the face of the fact that police are trained to insure scene safety first. If the Sgt brings suit I doubt it'll go far - primarily based on his behaviors and how he chose to handle himself during that situation.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Tricolordouche, I really don't care one bit about what you post. You can just save us all the trouble by accepting that I disagree with you, and then you can stop addressing me and insulting me in every post regarding police.
    Don't get emotional. I was just stating the facts.

  9. #48
    I listened to the interview with him on GunTalk Radio. According to the veteran the stop started out peaceful. Then the officer without warning grabbed his rifle and attempted to remove it from him. Of course being in a front sling it was attached to him securely and the officer couldn't get it loose so him flung him over the hood of the police car and pulled his gun on him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast