Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay? - Page 12

View Poll Results: Was Martial Law Justifed In Boston?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...It was for the good of the people.

    4 3.96%
  • No...It was a violation of the people's rights.

    94 93.07%
  • Undecided...My brain hurts.

    2 1.98%
  • What does 'Martial Law' mean???

    1 0.99%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 165

Thread: Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Ya, what was that saying? You really dont have a point.
    I repeat.... pot... meet kettle...

  2.   
  3. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elma NY
    Posts
    1,638
    I am just amazed. I am now wondering, Am I spinning my wheels? I am involved in the 2A Fight up to my neck. I attend 3 to 4 meetings a month. 3 to 4 informal sub meetings a month. Numerous hours daily reaching out to slimy politicians. (the worst part of the whole thing) and now I am asking myself for what?
    Sure the people I am in direct contact with understand the battle. But I am aghast at how many people don't see the problem with the whole Boston thing.
    Makes me want to throw up my hands and quit.
    Maybe I should just start concentrating on my interests and worry about making myself happy.

    Good Lord people! I know that the Dept of Education stopped the mandatory teaching of Government 101 but holy crap.
    The progressives have you so stupefied and feeling guilty about not going along to get along that you are willing to lock your self in your house because some ******* tells you to? They have had 40 years of making movies and sitcoms that are forming your opinions today. Big business BAD! Government GOOD!
    You don't see anything wrong with Assault Teams searching house to house like they were in Fallujah Iraq? They didn't even have the right neighborhood.
    They had you terrified of a 19 year old kid who they are now trying to paint as an unwilling victim because they just cant get the words Islamic Jihad out of their progressive mouths lest they upset their lord and savior Barak Obama.
    Don't forget that they painted Lee Harvey Oswald as a lone wolf too because they didn't want to connect him to the communists.
    When people start touting phrases like "for the common good" or for the collective good, don't walk RUN. COMMON - COMMUNITY - COMMUNISM oh my I used the dreaded C word which is another phrase they have hypnotized everyone into a turn off word, now I will be labeled a tin foil hat wearer.
    Rant finished.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

  4. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    I am not anything special in the fight to retain freedom. I'm not anything special at all. Like many others I've expended effort to counter the continuous onslaught against the right to keep and bear arms in many ways from letters to Congress critters who pay absolutely no attention to "thooooooseeee lowly peeeepulllllll" (say it slowly) to confrontations involving carry and LE, spending my own money, and attending local council meetings, and much more ....simply because I understand that those who would return things to the rule of the elite in the castle with all the privileges and luxuries over the commoners in the mud who spend their lives struggling in the mud busting their arses working to provide all those luxuries for the elite .. the elite must first eliminate any possibility that those less than human POS commoners have any means of opposing their rule.

    And the first thing that must go is for those lowly commoners to have guns to shoot back!!!

    Am I being tin foil hat ridiculous? Is there really an elite level of society who wants to enjoy a luxury lifestyle on the backs of the commoners?

    Well... golly.. why is it that when Congress passes laws that affect everyone... they also include language that exempts themselves?

    I mean... DUH! What will it take for people to understand?

  5. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    And while I'm far from being anti cop... I've had it with the stupid crap that cops are all powerful and all knowing deserving of undying adoration and blind obedience and us dumb ass civilians should just shut up, obey orders, and be thankful men in blue are willing to put their lives on the line to protect us chicken sheeeit sheep. Where the hell where you all powerful Superman cops when the really bad guy was about to shoot me in my own damn house? Where were you? Don't try to hand me crap about "call 911" because if I didn't have a gun of my own I'd be a damn chalk line and a note in a report!

    Get over yourselves already! All that is happening is the definition of "sheep" is being expanded to include LE who flock to protect each other under the pretend idea that they are protecting the "sheep".

    Who is the "sheep"? Those poor simple dumb ass commoners milling around desperately in need of a police force armed with real machine gun assault weapons and armored vehicles like in Boston? Or the dumb ass LE who are unwittingly part of the political machine that uses men with real machine guns and armored vehicles to force the commoners to submit to authoritarian rule by the political elite?

    Who are the real "sheep"?

    Why do people not understand that every wannabe dictator, past or .. dare I say.. present .. understands this simple truth:

    Every Communist must grasp the truth; "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

    "Problems of War and Strategy" (November 6, 1938), Selected Works, Vol. II, p. 224.

    Quotations from Mao Tse Tung — Chapter 5

    So... who exactly had the power in Boston? "We the people"? Or them .. the government.... and what did they use to enforce that power?

    You know... the really bad thing about it all is.. with all the equipment.. with all the manpower...

    WITH ALL THE FREAKING FIREPOWER!!!

    that "them the government had" (and dammit! LE is an extension of "the government!)...........

    A civilian was the one who showed all that amassed force where the bad guy was hiding.

    Rather embarrassing I think.

    Not to mention the fact that a civilian found what a massed militaristic force armed with weapons Obama himself said don't belong on the streets couldn't find will be downplayed and shuffled into obscurity while a random act of kindness involving milk will be............. milked ... to show how wonderfully generous our authoritarian saviors are.

  6. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    And while I'm far from being anti cop... I've had it with the stupid crap that cops are all powerful and all knowing deserving of undying adoration and blind obedience and us dumb ass civilians should just shut up, obey orders, and be thankful men in blue are willing to put their lives on the line to protect us chicken sheeeit sheep. Where the hell where you all powerful Superman cops when the really bad guy was about to shoot me in my own damn house? Where were you? Don't try to hand me crap about "call 911" because if I didn't have a gun of my own I'd be a damn chalk line and a note in a report!

    Get over yourselves already! All that is happening is the definition of "sheep" is being expanded to include LE who flock to protect each other under the pretend idea that they are protecting the "sheep".

    Who is the "sheep"? Those poor simple dumb ass commoners milling around desperately in need of a police force armed with real machine gun assault weapons and armored vehicles like in Boston? Or the dumb ass LE who are unwittingly part of the political machine that uses men with real machine guns and armored vehicles to force the commoners to submit to authoritarian rule by the political elite?

    Who are the real "sheep"?

    Why do people not understand that every wannabe dictator, past or .. dare I say.. present .. understands this simple truth:

    Every Communist must grasp the truth; "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

    "Problems of War and Strategy" (November 6, 1938), Selected Works, Vol. II, p. 224.

    Quotations from Mao Tse Tung — Chapter 5

    So... who exactly had the power in Boston? "We the people"? Or them .. the government.... and what did they use to enforce that power?

    You know... the really bad thing about it all is.. with all the equipment.. with all the manpower...

    WITH ALL THE FREAKING FIREPOWER!!!

    that "them the government had" (and dammit! LE is an extension of "the government!)...........

    A civilian was the one who showed all that amassed force where the bad guy was hiding.

    Rather embarrassing I think.

    Not to mention the fact that a civilian found what a massed militaristic force armed with weapons Obama himself said don't belong on the streets couldn't find will be downplayed and shuffled into obscurity while a random act of kindness involving milk will be............. milked ... to show how wonderfully generous our authoritarian saviors are.
    Ding ding ding! Winner!

  7. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,086
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Interesting poll since it wasn't martial law to begin with. It has to be military action with a failure of civilian order/authority. Contrary to popular belief, LE doesn't go out every day thinking of ways to F*&ck up your day. Boston continues to wholeheartedly support their LEOs and the job they successfully completed. They were in and out and got their man. Life now goes on.

    Attachment 9475
    I wonder what your response would be if you were the one ousted from your home with your hands clasped above your head?

    I don't give a crap whether they got the guy or not, that wasn't right.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

  8. #117
    I don't give a crap whether they got the guy or not, that wasn't right.
    But tell this to those who were killed, that 8 yr old's family...the MIT cop and his family. This wasn't just a "19yr old kid" as many of you like to water down. He had and still has no remorse or fear....nothing to lose essentially and committed an act of war in a major US city. Ever since Columbine these situations require an offensive police action to either capture or kill. Understand the dynamics and psyche of these individuals before you make crass comments as above. And for those of you that thought this was an exaggerated police response with armored vehicles and weapons. Well, if there is an expectation that civilian LE is to respond to bombings, mass killings and shoot out with terrorists, this is the response you will get every time. The police getting "militarized" is a response to the increasingly dangerous world we are encountering and the weaponry being used, not to diminish constitutional rights of the citizens or create conspiracies suggesting the government is creating a 'commie' or 'gestapo' state. You can choose to read the erroneous internet conspiracies and jump to conclusions by looking and watching these Boston searches without knowing the facts but at the end of the day, you will still have to rely on LE to complete this mission to YOUR benefit and thousands if not millions of others when these tragic events happen on our soil and kill our people.

  9. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    But tell this to those who were killed, that 8 yr old's family...the MIT cop and his family. This wasn't just a "19yr old kid" as many of you like to water down. He had and still has no remorse or fear....nothing to lose essentially and committed an act of war in a major US city. Ever since Columbine these situations require an offensive police action to either capture or kill. Understand the dynamics and psyche of these individuals before you make crass comments as above. And for those of you that thought this was an exaggerated police response with armored vehicles and weapons. Well, if there is an expectation that civilian LE is to respond to bombings, mass killings and shoot out with terrorists, this is the response you will get every time. The police getting "militarized" is a response to the increasingly dangerous world we are encountering and the weaponry being used, not to diminish constitutional rights of the citizens or create conspiracies suggesting the government is creating a 'commie' or 'gestapo' state. You can choose to read the erroneous internet conspiracies and jump to conclusions by looking and watching these Boston searches without knowing the facts but at the end of the day, you will still have to rely on LE to complete this mission to YOUR benefit and thousands if not millions of others when these tragic events happen on our soil and kill our people.
    I agree it is disingenuous to refer to the 19 year old bomber as ... just a kid. Age is immaterial when it comes to intentionally blowing people up.

    But... and understand I'm not anti cop yet when someone jumps up and defends the police with a barely hidden BS "us commoners are gonna be on our knees kissing the ground the cops walk on because we need cops with automatic weapons to protect us from those nasty terrorists" I'd just like to point out the inconvenient truth...

    For all the resources put on the ground and in the air by LE..

    ................ it was a citizen who found the guy hiding in his boat. Not the cops... not any fancy technology... just a regular guy stepping outside for a smoke.

    For all the weaponry put on the ground by LE....

    The boat.. a boat that has the bullet resistance properties of used toilet paper... the guy was hiding in was shot up with (according to the police) over 250 rounds and only managed to hit the guy twice.

    With that dismal of a showing of effective use of resources, ability to find the bad guy, and proficiency with weapons, you want folks to be suitable grateful they have the police to protect them?

    Really?

    I've had police come to my aid... and appreciated it greatly. But that doesn't mean I'm going to become a "groupie" and turn a blind eye to when the cops screw things up big time...

    And Boston was a great big screw up. To even suggest otherwise is to ignore the truth of the incident.

    And is equally as disingenuous as calling the bomber a ..... 19 year old kid.

  10. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Interesting poll since it wasn't martial law to begin with.
    Maybe the OP created the poll so he could indirectly get an answer to the burning option #4 question in his mind:

    "What does 'Martial Law' mean???"

    Naw, most likely just bloviations of an anti-government gun-nut extremist.

  11. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Frankly it was a trial run to see how the folks would react to an absurd show of force. Here is the damned problem...if they were locking down the community because they thought the bad guy was going to blow crap up...they sure didn't catch him, did they? How many hours did the keystone cops let this guy run loose to create mayhem. Look at what happened in LA with Dorner...the cops nearly kill a couple of women!! If the people in Watertown were armed there would be know need for such an overreaction by the...what are they anyway...good guys? In the time it took these cops to finally cuff the guy he coulda blown up Boston Harbor. What happened in Watertown with respect to the "lockdown for your own good" should be reserved for the most of serious circumstances. I remember a Supreme Court justice saying once that he didn't know what pornography was but he would when he saw it...same thing here. We all know what serious is and this wasn't it. I think the cops were pissed to the max and they wanted revenge on the guy. Therefore make everybody lock themselves up and we can go a huntin...yahhhoooo! They spent a couple hundred rounds shooting the place up and could only drop one bad guy and put a round or two in the other guy before he out flanked em and scooted away...oh yeah...the cops were pissed big time and they used their so called "authority" to remedy their anger. They showed the citizens how tough they were because some 19 year old bad guy told em to pound sand. This was a dangerous precedent...when is it not going to be serious enough of an event to keep the cops from wrecking your town. Hey kwimby...simply because we love the way America was and should be does not make us extremists it makes us patriots...learn the difference...oh...or better yet why not just come lock me up!

    The language has been changing in this country. Ronald Reagan called us fellow citizens...the folks in Washington now...both sides...call us "workers", not citizens. How long before one of those a holes slips up and calls himself one of the rulers.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast