Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay? - Page 14

View Poll Results: Was Martial Law Justifed In Boston?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...It was for the good of the people.

4 3.96%
  • No...It was a violation of the people's rights.

94 93.07%
  • Undecided...My brain hurts.

2 1.98%
  • What does 'Martial Law' mean???

1 0.99%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

Blog Entries
    With knowledge comes power, but more often the term "power" is a highly flexible term and can be deceptive in translation.
    Sometimes, I wish I was a child again and was only worrying about getting my ass beat on the way to school, and whether or not I would make it home in time to watch Rescue 911. The whole weight of the future of this country now rests on my generation, a generation that barely knows what it means to serve. A generation whose greatest achievement is World Of Warcraft. The problems I faced in my youth seem minuscule in comparison to what I may witness and endure, which is the disarming and slaughter of American citizens and a despotism that would make Stalin and Zedong look like saints and likely begin WW3. Some days, I just don't want to know what I know. The two statements, 'ignorance is bliss,' and 'nothing lasts forever' go hand in hand and one day even the laziest and most disconnected of Americans (which I shudder to call them) will wake up to a misery of which the likes has been seen time and time again. Concentration camps, political prisons, mass graves, missing children, chemical castration...it seems like man never learns to limit their government, no matter how infamous the acts of violence committed are.

Imagine, if you will....

An ordinary back yard in anywhere U.S.A.... and a homeowner who tosses his leftovers into his back yard everyday so the birds, bees, and bugs, can eat. Or maybe the homeowner just wants to get rid of his garbage....

But to the birds, bees, and.. for this illustration... the ants, the homeowner represents all that is good since he provides food.... FREE FOOD at that!!!!

Back to the homeowner... who wants to build a gazebo out back. Does he think of the ants he is burying as he pours the cement for his foundation? Does he think of the bugs in the grass as he lays the boards for the floor? Does he even realize there are ants and bugs there?

Of course not! All he cares about is his gazebo.

And so it is with those who would build a one world government.

But first the foundation and floor boards must be laid..................

Blog Entries
    I would like to clarify my position on this just a bit.

I don't really have a problem with police asking people to stay in, if it will help them to pinpoint a terrorist's location.

What I have a problem with is the blatant violation of the 4th Amendment. Forcing way into homes with no warrant and treating innocent citizens like criminals.

No excuse for that. Ever.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    So what would you be saying if they had not done what they did and the terrorist was in one of those houses?
    If it were my house, I'd have shot him in the face and called it a day.

Are ALL New Yorkers government dependent Eloi?

Nothing much that our "leaders" do surprises me anymore.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    I don't see where what was done was actually marshall law being imposed as much as a police action to try and keep citizens safe and make their job easier by not having citizens on the street for their suspect to blend into and escape.
    That being said, I will not condone the actions taken by LEA against the citizens of Watertown and the surrounding communities. As to this being a prelude to bigger and worse things we can only speculate to there happening (I just bought a brand new roll of extra heavy duty foil).
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    Don't fall into the trap of looking at Watertown as just another isolated incident. How many isolated incidents does it take to become a pattern? Oh my God...I can't see the forest for all the damned trees!
    So tell me how many people you know who have openly admitted to owning and on occasion wearing tin foil that ever believed that ANYTHING is an isolated incident.
    How you ever came to you conclusion from my post just amazes me, you must have some reeeealy heavvvy duty foil.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    If it were my house, I'd have shot him in the face and called it a day.

Are ALL New Yorkers government dependent Eloi?
    And a picture with the foot on your prey?

Just because..

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    And a picture with the foot on your prey?
    Nah, strapped to a plank, a la Tom Doolin.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Nah, strapped to a plank, a la Tom Doolin.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast