Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay? - Page 15

View Poll Results: Was Martial Law Justifed In Boston?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...It was for the good of the people.

4 3.96%
  • No...It was a violation of the people's rights.

94 93.07%
  • Undecided...My brain hurts.

2 1.98%
  • What does 'Martial Law' mean???

1 0.99%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post

Fascists do like their kitties, afterall.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php...&id=2961#comic
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    The Apache in me heartily approves.

Of course I've got a cousin who's a Muslim, and he might prefer the "Mare of Steel" from "The Long Ships"...

4. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    It's amazing to read that some think tossing the constitution aside for this perp is justified.
    My rights are non-negotiable. You want into my home, get a warrant.
    I too am armed at home, all day long. If they forced an entry, things would get ugly.... Period.
    If anyone feels that "we, the people" should give in, especially under those circumstances, you go right ahead but I DO NOT relinquish MY rights just to "go along" with the unwashed masses!
    I agree. There is no gray area here. If I tell you he's not in my house and you are not coming in without probable cause and a warrant, then that's it. I wonder if anyone did refuse and how it was handled. I keep hearing about hot pursuit. Does that mean the entire town? Your lead on this kid is so bad that you lock down the entire town? He's throwing bombs out a car window and you lost him? It's safe to say they completely over-reacted and everyone feels just grand because he was captured, only because some guy needing a smoke, broke martial law curfew and stepped outside to burn one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I agree it is disingenuous to refer to the 19 year old bomber as ... just a kid. Age is immaterial when it comes to intentionally blowing people up.

But... and understand I'm not anti cop yet when someone jumps up and defends the police with a barely hidden BS "us commoners are gonna be on our knees kissing the ground the cops walk on because we need cops with automatic weapons to protect us from those nasty terrorists" I'd just like to point out the inconvenient truth...

For all the resources put on the ground and in the air by LE..

................ it was a citizen who found the guy hiding in his boat. Not the cops... not any fancy technology... just a regular guy stepping outside for a smoke.

For all the weaponry put on the ground by LE....

The boat.. a boat that has the bullet resistance properties of used toilet paper... the guy was hiding in was shot up with (according to the police) over 250 rounds and only managed to hit the guy twice.

With that dismal of a showing of effective use of resources, ability to find the bad guy, and proficiency with weapons, you want folks to be suitable grateful they have the police to protect them?

Really?

I've had police come to my aid... and appreciated it greatly. But that doesn't mean I'm going to become a "groupie" and turn a blind eye to when the cops screw things up big time...

And Boston was a great big screw up. To even suggest otherwise is to ignore the truth of the incident.

And is equally as disingenuous as calling the bomber a ..... 19 year old kid.
    Now we know why they ordered so damn many rounds! They cain't hit for *****!!!

Spray and pray comes to mind. It's not like he was on a yacht, for the love of Mike!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Well... just a little something to mull over as you ponder this.

(copied and pasted here from a document circulating on the internet)
    Evaluate this information for yourself... find your own sources or search what places and source material makes sense to you, to confirm or discredit statements below. However from my perspective it seems solid.

----------------------------(begins paste)--------------------------------------

On March 13, 2013, Obama signed into law 'The Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act of 2013.'
    In part, this law authorized:
    "drills and exercises to ensure medical surge capacity for events WITHOUT NOTICE (emphasis added) (...) and operational exercises, in consultation with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) (...) including exercises
    based on—
    (i) identified threats for which countermeasures
    are available and for which no countermeasures are
    available; and
    (ii) unknown threats for which no countermeasures are available (...)"

On April 3, the DHS used the Federal Communications Commission process to rename renamed CMAS (the Commercial Mobile Alert System) to "Wireless Emergency Alerts," and made ready its use for events outside of emergencies.

On April 4, Obama, Panetta, and their legal team, again went to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in Case No. 12-3176, filing to defend their claim of authority to conduct NDAA indefinite detention without charge or trial of US citizens. The administration is being challenged by plaintiffs who with scant resources and little publicity are standing up for our Constitutional rights. However, while they still fight in this case, at the time of the publication of this document, the court has not yet ruled in favor of the plaintiffs, and the administration and its agencies are free to engage in abuses of power correlated to the NDAA, at this stage, unrestrained by the courts.

On April 12, the Department of Defense (DoD) adopted a rule, "Defense Support of Civilian Law Enforcement Agencies,"
    filed as Docket ID DOD-2009-OS-0038, in which it claimed the right for the military to operate on the streets of America in events of "disorder prejudicial to public law and order" including "Explosives or munitions emergenc(ies)" amongst other examples, without the direction of the President or Congress. In the same manner as the Weimar Constitution of the German Reich, this rule grants full presidential authority to “Federal military commanders.” The stated purpose of the updated rule is “support in Accordance With the Posse Comitatus Act,” but in reality it undermines the Insurrection Act and the Posse Comitatus Act in significant and alarming ways. The most substantial change is the notion of “civil disturbance” as one of the few “domestic emergencies” under the rule that would allow for the deployment of military assets on American soil. This rule was adopted rapidly in April 2013 and without soliciting public comment from the public this year (2013), incorporating only comment(s) from 2010 on a preliminary rule in a pretense of public engagement before cementing the final rule in place. It has been rumored that the legal team going up against the administration on the NDAA case is considering amending the NDAA complaint currently in front of the court to include this rule change (so that the DoD rule can be challenged legally in court). The DoD rule violates various federal laws and the US Constitution, but has not yet been challenged in court.

On April 15-19, a series of false flag attacks were initiated in America ~ beginning with a Boston bombing, considered to have been initiated by paramilitary contractors and emergency forces, which was abused to attempt to justify a massive citywide lockdown with an illegal and unconstitutional martial law (based upon prior legal actions of Obama's April 4th court filing and the DoD's rule adoption of April 12th). Streets were closed and cleared. During this timeframe, a "CMAS" system was deployed resulting in nearly every cell phone in Boston directing residents to "shelter in place," with persistently repeating notifications that could not be readily cleared from the phones for the bulk of the week. No information was provided to the Boston cell phone users on how to opt out of the CMAS notifications, despite that the Federal Communications Commission, upon adoption of the CMAS, adopted a federal rule allowing for individual opt-out from the CMAS (and thus from the claimed "emergency" itself).

The Department of Homeland Security attacked #bitcoin on May 14 with punitive court actions on exchanges, just prior to beginning of Bitcoin 2013: The Future of PaymentsMay 17-19, 2013 - San Jose, CA - Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments

On May 23, mass casualty drills were carried out in the Central Coast of California in the community of Salinas, California with a drill called "Quiet Flow." Reporters claimed "a car bomb went off went off at the Salinas Sports Complex - there were fatalities and radioactive debris on scene" and said "Salinas firefighters made the first entry, but called for backup from the National Guard" ~ this was later confirmed to have been "planned for many months." "This was a simulated incident, which if real, would play out just as how firefighters and the 95th Civil Support team practice all week," later said the reporters...
    This was paid for by the Department of Homeland Security; reporters stated "we were unable to get a cost estimate for the weeklong operation..."

And so on.

Add your own dates / events to this list and republish / create new paste, to the...

Timeline of Tyranny

----------------(end paste)------------------------

I like how the troll ends with "add your own dates / events etc. and re-post. Yeah, we're just makin' shyt up!

The kind prejudiced people with pre-conceived notions rooted in affect bias just eat up around here.

Literally none of the hogwash described in the above post is even close to being true.

Totally fabricated misinformation and lies.

Kwimby? Naming trolls? Wonder of wonders... watch out for ricochets!!
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Sorry you order me out of my house at gun point, I am asking for that search warrant .

Pointing a gun at me on my land will get YOU shot.

Government and libs should read Marbury v Madison, any law that violates the Constitution is automatically null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Pointing a gun at me on my land will get YOU shot. Government and libs should read Marbury v Madison, any law that violates the Constitution is automatically null and void.
    Amen! That's what I've been saying for a while now. When a law is null and void, it is not a law at all. Thanks for posting, Nightmare45.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast