Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay? - Page 16

View Poll Results: Was Martial Law Justifed In Boston?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...It was for the good of the people.

4 3.96%
  • No...It was a violation of the people's rights.

94 93.07%
  • Undecided...My brain hurts.

2 1.98%
  • What does 'Martial Law' mean???

1 0.99%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

Martial Law in Boston Justified?  Yay or Nay?-warrant.jpg

The last time I looked, we were still living in the USA not Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany !

It's good to see all these replies. Now I have to wonder, what will be our response in real life if another Boston occurs. Will we man up and respond? I have friends in Turkey that, over a period of months or years have just gotten fed up with their messed up government randomly abusing them constantly with police force, at universities, at public places, with the government passing more and more laws governing people's lives, even to the point of banning Turkish airline stewardesses from wearing red lipstick, outlawing anyone in Turkey from drinking alcohol, etc. The examples I cite are just a few, the real problem was not what happened at a park, it is the constant abuse that Turkish citizens have had to endure at the hands of authorities for years, which has led to current revolts. So I suppose the real question is, if Boston were to happen in your community, are you ready? Will you be prepared to organize with others to respond? Or are you going to be, like most people are, a doormat?
    The truth is all it takes are a dedicated few to stand up to tyranny and inspire the world to struggle for freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    The last time I looked, we were still living in the USA not Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany !
    Feels more like the old Soviet Union now than the USA that I remember.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

So, has freethink got everyone in this thread thinking freely now?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by freethink View Post
    It's good to see all these replies. Now I have to wonder, what will be our response in real life if another Boston occurs. Will we man up and respond? I have friends in Turkey that, over a period of months or years have just gotten fed up with their messed up government randomly abusing them constantly with police force, at universities, at public places, with the government passing more and more laws governing people's lives, even to the point of banning Turkish airline stewardesses from wearing red lipstick, outlawing anyone in Turkey from drinking alcohol, etc. The examples I cite are just a few, the real problem was not what happened at a park, it is the constant abuse that Turkish citizens have had to endure at the hands of authorities for years, which has led to current revolts. So I suppose the real question is, if Boston were to happen in your community, are you ready? Will you be prepared to organize with others to respond? Or are you going to be, like most people are, a doormat?
    The truth is all it takes are a dedicated few to stand up to tyranny and inspire the world to struggle for freedom.
    Wrong country. 15 char

7. Under the circumstances, I would have wanted those guys caught just as much as the next guy, so had they asked nicely they would have been more than welcome to come in and have a look around. But coming to my door and demanding me out in the street at gun point and treating me like a terrorist just because there is a suspected terrorist roaming the streets...I would have probably been shot.

I have a big problem when the State or Local cops decide that a situation demands my/our rights get throw out the window. Their strategy should work around our

rights as a law abiding citizens of the USA. Because this happened, this time, they'll do it again the next time a suspect is evading them out goes our rights!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

9. Lets pretend if they started banging on your door, you just sat in your couch watching tv as if they didn't even exist. You weren't acting as though you were hiding something or anything like that, just simply watching tv. What exactly would they have done?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Lets pretend if they started banging on your door, you just sat in your couch watching tv as if they didn't even exist. You weren't acting as though you were hiding something or anything like that, just simply watching tv. What exactly would they have done?
    My bet is, they would have smashed the door in.

What gives the authorities power in a situation like this is that there's no organized resistance. There can't be, because people are staying in their houses. No witnesses. No one to tell the story about how the guy got shot for protesting the warrantless invasion of his home. No one to assure that he wasn't crazy or a collaborator. No one to say, "wait a minute, that was wrong!"

It was detestable the way people were treated, but I'm not sure I'd have played hero just then. Who's gonna take care of my family if the govt. goes Ruby Ridge on my ass?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Lets pretend if they started banging on your door, you just sat in your couch watching tv as if they didn't even exist. You weren't acting as though you were hiding something or anything like that, just simply watching tv. What exactly would they have done?
    They probably would have kicked your front door in while aiming their weapons at you & screaming "Freeze Mother F'r! Don't F'ng Move!!".
    Then they probably would have forcefully slammed you onto the ground and cuffed you for some trumped up charges of 'resisting' and 'non-compliance' or some other bullcrap.
    God help you if you would have even dared to have a firearm nearby, because if you did they probably would have lit you up.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast