Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Was Martial Law Justifed In Boston?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...It was for the good of the people.

4 3.96%
  • No...It was a violation of the people's rights.

94 93.07%
  • Undecided...My brain hurts.

2 1.98%
  • What does 'Martial Law' mean???

1 0.99%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

1. No bias in this question! "Militarized police" "military helicopters" "fourth amendment ceased to exist" poor injured 19 year old kid. Blah, blah....

Right! A poor injured kid who had just run over his brother, shot at cops (one dead), hijacked vehicles, thrown bombs at police, and only hours earlier planted and detonated a bomb that killed three and maimed dozens more. And who was armed and desperate. The fourth amendment doesn't cease to exist in these cases. A search for a dangerous fugitive might seem reasonable to someone who isn't called an outlaw. And no warrant is needed in a hot pursuit situation because the person to be seized is not in question. However, if an officer found contraband in one of the homes, it might well be a fourth amendment violation to seize it and bring charges against the homeowner.

3. Yea! Totally justified given the situation...notwithstanding your jaundiced view of reality.

What would have happened if one of these people were armed? I know I am armed most of my awake time and if I lived there I would have for sure been armed. I have issue with this, I would be hard pressed to let them into my house.

Not justified at all, if you requested me to shelter in place, I would consider it, if I did and anyone beat on my door armed they better have a warrant.

NAY...It is a slippery slope we are on, and I fear it will get away from us, and we will soon be servants of our Government.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

It's amazing to read that some think tossing the constitution aside for this perp is justified.
    My rights are non-negotiable. You want into my home, get a warrant.
    I too am armed at home, all day long. If they forced an entry, things would get ugly.... Period.
    If anyone feels that "we, the people" should give in, especially under those circumstances, you go right ahead but I DO NOT relinquish MY rights just to "go along" with the unwashed masses!

What really bothers me along with constitutional rights being trampled on they knew they were looking for a 19 yr old male, What the hell are women doing coming out of the house with their hands up ? It just doesn't look right the way they removed people from the house.

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    If all the businesses were closed down (except Dunkin Donuts), where did the cop get the milk?
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    If all the businesses were closed down (except Dunkin Donuts), where did the cop get the milk?
    They had it flown in on Air force one.

So nice to see that after their rights were violated that SWAT felt bad and brought milk.

Oh wait! That's right! They were in LOCKDOWN and unable to go to the store so SWAT had to make a milk run for them!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    They had it flown in on Air force one.

So nice to see that after their rights were violated that SWAT felt bad and brought milk.

Oh wait! That's right! They were in LOCKDOWN and unable to go to the store so SWAT had to make a milk run for them!
    I'm pretty sure they used the "policemans key"!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast