Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

View Poll Results: Was Martial Law Justifed In Boston?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...It was for the good of the people.

4 3.96%
  • No...It was a violation of the people's rights.

94 93.07%
  • Undecided...My brain hurts.

2 1.98%
  • What does 'Martial Law' mean???

1 0.99%
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Question Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

Shocking footage has emerged from Friday’s lockdown in Boston, where police, federal agents, national guard troops and SWAT teams enforced door to door searches of everyone’s home within twenty blocks as the entire city was placed under orders to stay off the streets.

The video, shot by a resident from their own house across the street, shows police barking orders at men and women as they order them at gunpoint to identify themselves, put their hands on their heads, and get out of their own home. They are then ordered to run down the street to be further frisked by police as scores of armed militarized cops look on.

The scenes look like something out of a disaster movie, with the backdrop of suburban America juxtaposed with what is essentially martial law playing out in full daylight.

The story floated in the mainstream media that the door to door searches were conducted with the voluntary consent of the residents of Watertown is clearly false. 9000+ Police locked down an entire city and went in with full force, with armored vehicles and combat gear, all to search for an injured 19 year old kid who turned out to be cowering in someone’s back yard.

While armies of police roamed around people’s homes and private property, Public transportation was shut down, businesses were forced to close, and a no-fly zone was enacted over Boston in an unprecedented show of force.

At this point, as military helicopters buzzed over neighborhoods, the Fourth Amendment had ceased to exist in Boston, which quickly resembled a war zone.

» Shocking Footage: Americans Ordered Out Of Homes At Gunpoint By SWAT teams Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

What say you? Is/Was Martial Law Justified in this case??
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

nay, I must use 15 characters

I don't believe the police had any right to search a home. I would have no problem if they asked the homeowners if they were ok, but forcing people out of thier homes with their hands over their head, entering and searching the home smacks of the gestapo.

Interesting poll since it wasn't martial law to begin with. It has to be military action with a failure of civilian order/authority. Contrary to popular belief, LE doesn't go out every day thinking of ways to F*&ck up your day. Boston continues to wholeheartedly support their LEOs and the job they successfully completed. They were in and out and got their man. Life now goes on.

Martial Law in Boston Justified?  Yay or Nay?-540471_10151398197316275_1753021233_n.jpg

Won't be long before gun toting agencies here at home outnumber the Military... or do they already?

Nay!

Good poll....hard to quantify an answer that justifies the question. There is a definite difference between martial law and police action for public safety. I don't believe that Boston and surrounding communities declared 'martial law', but there certainly was a preponderance of visuals and police action that can be construed as such.

Exigent circumstances allow for warrant less searches. This is also called 'Hot Pursuit' or 'Fresh Pursuit'. The allowance for entry is based on the preservation of "the need to circumvent the destruction of evidence, and the need to prevent the loss of life or serious injury".

The supreme court has ruled on several cases where they upheld a homeowner's 4th Amendment rights, and there are several cases where they sided with law enforcement. In the Boston case, I would think that a slippery slope was imminent with every house entry and LEO was briefed that the only thing they were looking for was the suspect and whatever evidence that might be linked to the suspect - clothing, blood, etc. If any charges were brought against a home owner non related to the 'hot pursuit of the bombing suspect', a sound defense for the property owner would be that their 4A was violated.

I'm sure there will be some test cases out of this event. It will prove interesting to watch.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Interesting poll since it wasn't martial law to begin with. It has to be military action with a failure of civilian order/authority. Contrary to popular belief, LE doesn't go out every day thinking of ways to F*&ck up your day. Boston continues to wholeheartedly support their LEOs and the job they successfully completed. They were in and out and got their man. Life now goes on.

Martial Law in Boston Justified?  Yay or Nay?-540471_10151398197316275_1753021233_n.jpg
    It's nice to see the cop bringing the family some milk....

Question,
    Was this kind gesture of milk delivery done 'after' they aimed deadly assault weapons at the homeowners and their loved ones?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post

It's nice to see the cop bringing the family some milk....

Question,
    Was this kind gesture of milk delivery done 'after' they aimed deadly assault weapons at the homeowners and their loved ones?
    I never saw that happen...and I watched the search on live tv like everyone else.

• Question,
      • Good question. 15 characters.

Arrow

I never saw that happen...and I watched the search on live tv like everyone else.
    Oh??
    Well here's a little video that they must have 'forgotten' to show you on "live t.v.".

» Shocking Footage: Americans Ordered Out Of Homes At Gunpoint By SWAT teams Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Got milk?
    ~Outlaw~

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast