Broken tail light - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broken tail light

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull11 View Post
    if I am and they ask me to get out of the vehicle then maybe?
    the last time I actually informed was when I was driving a rental truck across country and in FLA while I was at an agricultural inspection station the inspector (law enforcement)actually demanded that he be allowed to view the contents of the "box". not wanting to get into a legal issue about an illegal search I got out of the driver's seat to go to the rear and open the thing up, and before I stretched to open the "box" I thought it would be a good idea to inform him just in case the gun became exposed.
    While I had no obligation to inform I didn't need some kiddie cop getting flustered at the sight of my fiveSeven.
    YMMV

3. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    the last time I actually informed was when I was driving a rental truck across country and in FLA I was at an agricultural inspection station where the inspector (law enforcement)actually demanded that he be allowed to view the contents of the "box" not wanting to get into a legal issue about an illegal search so I got out of the driver's seat, and before I stretched to open the "box" I thought it would be a good idea to inform him just in case the gun became exposed.
    While I had no obligation to inform I didn't need some kiddie cop getting flustered at the sight of my fiveSeven.
    YMMV
    Excellent! That is a perfect example where using common sense works.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    the last time I actually informed was when I was driving a rental truck across country and in FLA while I was at an agricultural inspection station the inspector (law enforcement)actually demanded that he be allowed to view the contents of the "box". not wanting to get into a legal issue about an illegal search I got out of the driver's seat to go to the rear and open the thing up, and before I stretched to open the "box" I thought it would be a good idea to inform him just in case the gun became exposed.
    YMMV
    YOU WERE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO COMPLY: This guy violated your 4th amendment rights big time. He should have known better, and probably did. But when allowed to get away
    with this sort of illegal search it only makes it harder for the next guy. But I know where your'e coming from, sometimes it's just not worth the hassle/

Quote Originally Posted by barrygray0 View Post
    YOU MUST BE WELL KNOWN OR WELL LIKED ! ! ! i was always trained when pulled over the first thing you say to officer is "I AM LEGALLY LICENCED TO CARRY A FIRE ARM AND IT IS _______________" than let them decide what to do .................................................. .......
    Unlike some of the others, I don't mind starting debates. Why should inform the officer if I'm not required to by law? It's jut an invitation for him to confiscate the weapon for the remainder of the stop and mistreat it or even endanger me. I've seen a video where a cop took a revolver off a CCWer and then proceeded to wave it all over the place, including pointing it directly at the owner, trying to figure out how to unload it. He had never touched a revolver before. Eventually he had to give it back to the CCWer and have HIM UNLOAD IT. Now, if you feel threatened to point having to secure the weapon from the CCWer, why the hell would you hand him back a loaded weapon? Obviously it just made the cop feel macho to exert his authority over the CCWer and he never actually felt threatened. I have no desire to have to put up with that crap.

Broken tail light

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull11 View Post
    I was one of the first to get my CCW in Christian county. I think Missouri now has the best, one of the most nationally reconinized CCW.
    Cool! Your Government Permission Slip to be ALLOWED to carry must look sooooo neat!

When I get pulled over and the officer asks me if I have any weapons on me, I always reply with "why? What do you need).
    Ah, good times, good times for all!

(Sarcasm off!)

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    YOU WERE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO COMPLY: This guy violated your 4th amendment rights big time. He should have known better, and probably did. But when allowed to get away
    with this sort of illegal search it only makes it harder for the next guy. But I know where your'e coming from, sometimes it's just not worth the hassle/
    I believe this is the reason so many of our Rights have died away. There should never be a time our Right's are not worth the hassle, ever. Saddening you know?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I believe this is the reason so many of our Rights have died away. There should never be a time our Right's are not worth the hassle, ever. Saddening you know?
    Damn straight! You wanna look in my car? Get a friggin warrant!
    You wanna look in my home?
    Gera friggin warrant!
    That little piece of tin on your shirt don't buy you no free lunch with me.
    Just because you wear that tin on your shirt doesn't earn you automatic respect from me either.
    Respect has to be earned, never given freely.
    Respect given freely, without being earned is called fear.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Cool! Your Government Permission Slip to be ALLOWED to carry must look sooooo neat!

When I get pulled over and the officer asks me if I have any weapons on me, I always reply with "why? What do you need).
    Ah, good times, good times for all!

(Sarcasm off!)

Very cool, just wondering what the cop says when you don't have one of the government permission slips that states you are allowed to drive a car? (Sarcasm on!)

Sent from America the beautiful Semper Fi

Similar experience. Pulled over on my way home from a board meeting. 10:30 on a Monday night. Stopped for a brake light. LEO asks if I have any guns, drugs or nukes in the car. Advised him I had a licensed, registered, loaded handgun on my right hip. He asked for my CCW permit, looked at it and tossed it back to me. Advised me to fix the light so someone doesn't rear-end me and left.
    Hey wait, this is NYS. I'm supposed to be arrested right?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by barrygray0 View Post
    YOU MUST BE WELL KNOWN OR WELL LIKED ! ! ! i was always trained when pulled over the first thing you say to officer is "I AM LEGALLY LICENCED TO CARRY A FIRE ARM AND IT IS _______________" than let them decide what to do .................................................. .......
    Don't notify unless required by law or if specifically asked. Never volunteer information as you might talk your way right into those handcuffs.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast