LEO illegally disarms and arrest Active Duty Master Sargent - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LEO illegally disarms and arrest Active Duty Master Sargent

1. Gives 2A a bad name. Seriously? I totally disagree with everyone who believes that this person was wrong in his style, approach, manner, for whatever reason that he choose to do this. Think about it. For one he was willing to stand up for his right. Not sitting back armchair quarterbacking, bitching and complaining how they will subvertly take our weapons away.

He tested the system. How can you know what's wrong without pushing the boundaries? Test how the system will react to someone who OC a rifle or pistol. Will the courts side with your right or remove it?

Those who expressed distain for this guy are more at fault for allowing the system to chip away our rights. Your view is distorted to the point you can't see what's actually being taken away because you refuse to exercise, and even worse refuse to fight for your right to keep and bear arms.
    When all other methods of protest have been dismantled, the system leaves us with only two options: stand and fight, or kneel and beg for mercy. All you need to know is what YOU would do when faced with that choice.

LEO illegally disarms and arrest Active Duty Master Sargent

Jcreek is the only one right on this situation. If everyone would read the story you would see he was documenting a merit badge for his son in an area with wild animals on rural farm road. The police escalated the confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I wish I had a dime for every time somebody said that to me about concealed carry. I'd buy a water cooled .50 machine gun, all of the accessories and a couple of pallets of ammunition... and have money left over.
    Understood, I CC daily and as much as I would love a 50... I wouldn't be packing it down the street in public.
    This debate can go on forever. As for me, I prefer to fly UNDER the radar.

Blog Entries
    At the NRA convention, he was guven a brand new AR by a manufacturer since fhe police "confiscated" his weapon.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Black Rain provided him with a new firearm, which he gave to his wife since he is convinced that his will be returned to him a some point.

Vet arrested for carrying AR-15 on hike gets ultimate surprise - Guns.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFollower View Post
    Legalities aside, explain to me why anyone should stroll down the road wearing his boonie hat, a ruck on his back and an AR strapped across his chest....if not to provoke an encounter. And by the way, he just happened to be carrying a camcorder. People like him do NOT help the 2A cause. And more sadly, he traumatized his son just to make his selfish point.

The cop was right, in this world (right or wrong), and thanks to the media....people with guns make other people nervous. It didn't always used to be this way but IT IS this way now. And such confrontational tactics are not helpful to maybe changing those minds back in time.
    I believe it was stated that the camera was to record the hike or portions thereof for the son's scouting badge.

The nervous nellies out there need to grow a pair and accept responsibility for themselves. I wouldn't give two sh**s about them, if it weren't for the fact that they aren't content to be victims themselves. No, they want everyone to be as helpless as they are. That I cannot abide.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    This guy is a hysterical little girl. He could have walked away with his gun and pride intact. The LEO was investigating a call. He wanted him to put the gun while he figured this out and I don't blame him. The LEO doesn't know what situation he's facing so he secures the scene. This mutt actually thought they would let him go after his performance. Had he set the gun down and answered some questions the LEO would have been satisfied. Instead he chose to obstruct the investigation. Lawsuit? Not happening. Keep an eye on this story. I'll bet a shiny new dime this goes nowhere.
    If the leo wanted him to put the gun down, why didn't he just ask as opposed to trying to grab it from the guy's hands?
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFollower View Post
    Legalities aside, explain to me why anyone should stroll down the road wearing his boonie hat, a ruck on his back and an AR strapped across his chest....if not to provoke an encounter. And by the way, he just happened to be carrying a camcorder. People like him do NOT help the 2A cause. And more sadly, he traumatized his son just to make his selfish point.

The cop was right, in this world (right or wrong), and thanks to the media....people with guns make other people nervous. It didn't always used to be this way but IT IS this way now. And such confrontational tactics are not helpful to maybe changing those minds back in time.
    And women who go to bars in makeup and short dresses are asking to be raped.

See the disconnect in your logic?

Carrying where it is legal to carry, having a camera to record whatever while you walk, one's style of dress--none of these things are illegal nor give probable cause. Having an [subjective] "objectionable" appearance is not provocation.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    With all the crap that has been going on, it's just not smart. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I have a safe full of different guns, but I carry the right gun for the job (Rifle=Hunting, sidearm=protection, ect...)
    NONE of them are EVER carried to make a statement.
    This guy is not helping the 2A cause.
    I think that everytime you carry, whether it be open or concealed, you're making a statement even if you are the only one who knows it.

Sometimes one should indeed do a thing just because one can. It is how one comports oneself when doing it that makes it effective or ineffective.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

One more thing about the "booney hat" and how the guy was dressed. I just worked our annual Veteran's Stand Down--we passed out wardrobes of decommisioned military clothing to hundreds of people. I got a bunch myself. I will wear it because it suits the climate I live in and my lifestyle. Does that make me or the hundreds of others who also got clothing provocateers, is there probable cause for us to be harrassed by LE because we have on a hat or a jacket or fatigue pants?

Guess how everyone carried their clothing home..........in rucksacks and flight bags and duffle bags. We gave them out too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast