12 Year Old Boy Puts Cop in His Place - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 Year Old Boy Puts Cop in His Place

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    The cops are not above the law. He was doing something that the regular person would get a ticket for doing. He was not on official business so at that time he is a common citizen. It gets to the point they think they can break any law that they to don't like. Very few of the police are like that, but one is too many.
    If the cop was on a private sidewalk (we do not know one way or another), then he broke no law. Could you please tell me from this footage, what law the cop broke by parking his bike there?

If the sidewalk is owned by the convenience store, he could very well have permission, may even be encouraged to park there for reasons I gave in post #4.

I hate videos like this, because it shows just a small part of a larger picture and it seems most people bring in their personal bias to understand what that larger picture is that we can't see. Here are the facts: A motorcycle policeman has his bike on a sidewalk. Whose sidewalk? You don't know, I don't know. You assumed he is not on official business... maybe he just finished responding to a call at that convenience store. You don't know, I don't know.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

There was a missed opportunity here. This cop imo should have used the parking lot, but here is where I think he messed up. Cops, a lot of them have a bad rap and the bad ones pollute the good. When this child asks him a question he immediately goes on the defensive. A good cop would have assessed the situation a little and instead of being a **** given the kid an explanation. He could have said the store owner lets me park my bike here. End of story. Anything but he is just a ****. The kid asked for his badge number and he refused? WTF Lets not forget he is a public servant paid by us. In this situation be probably was not breaking any laws so use this time to educate a 12 year old kid not further enforce his dislike for police by being an ass. Just my opinion

Jeez Louise...what reporter diatribe...they're "using" the boy to push their political paranoia message...excuse me while I go puke...

This is a pretty huge non-event. Motorcycles park on sidewalks all the time...myself included among them. This is just making a mountain out of a molehill
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

Here ya go...

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Here ya go...

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    Ah yes, a picture on the internet, must be true!

Non issue. Stupid kid.
    -Austin

Sounds like when this "kid" is older and god forbid gets CCW is the type to strap a AK on his back and carry a video camera waiting for a cop to ask WTF is going on.........I agree that some cops are real *********s but that kid sure as hell is a junior ball buster
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

A couple of things here... we all like cops to cut us a little slack over minor violations and judgement calls. Shouldn't we do the same? And... the much vaunted, "don't they have better things to do than...???". In this case the policeman definitely has better things to do than to dink around with being harassed by a minor over such a non-event as parking his bike on the sidewalk. Is it technically illegal - probably - does it serve any real purpose to query him about what is common procedure with just about any motorcycle cop in most any city - by a 12 year old? Jones and his group is elevating this kid to hero status for being a royal pain in the tail.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

12 Year Old Boy Puts Cop in His Place

I ride a motorcycle and park like that at 7-11's and store of the same never a issue even have had cops see this and no tickets and I live in Las Vegas, maybe the kids parents should get slapped sense this is more than likely where he got his misguided info from

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast