12 Year Old Boy Puts Cop in His Place - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12 Year Old Boy Puts Cop in His Place

It appears to me there is a lot of sour grapes in this thread by folks who are, in my opinion, jealous of a 12 year old kid who not only understands he has the legal authority to confront and question a public servant... a police officer... and has the balls to stand up and confront a cop on equal ground (and smart enough to record it to boot. How many of the folks on this forum would be smart enough to legally record their interactions with the police? Or is that part of the jealousy thing too?) . And that jealousy even shows up with accusations that the kid might grow up and become some kind of ... holy scarey Batman!!... a 2nd Amendment gun rights activist! Where is that "puke" emoticon thingy?

I have much admiration for the good! police officers... many of whom put their lives on the line to help innocent victims or to save folks from a criminal or even from other things like drowning, wrecked cars, burning houses (my local Chief of Police crawled into a burning house just a few doors down from my own house to pull out a kid. He is a hero in my book. A really fat out of shape hero! that I never miss a chance to tease), or any number of dumb ass crap people get themselves into... and quite often don't arrest or ticket even though they legally could and often... should.

But there are arsehole cops just like there are arsehole civilians. And I do NOT have any patience for arseholes in or out of uniform! And the cop who pulled the arrogant attitude of "I'm the cop and you are just a snot nosed 12 year old punk."........... was being an arsehole.

Support your local Police. NOT a full story here to make a comment. If he was on private property he was ok, if he wasn't. Then the boy has a point. With all the PD's have to put up with, I might be able to give some discretion to the officers comment.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Support your local Police. NOT a full story here to make a comment. If he was on private property he was ok, if he wasn't. Then the boy has a point. With all the PD's have to put up with, I might be able to give some discretion to the officers comment.
    Regardless of nit picking whether the cop was legally parked or not... the cop treated the kid.. a kid who knew more about his legal authority as a citizen to confront the cop and demand an explanation and his legal ability to record the cop than most supposed intelligent adults... still got treated by the cop as if the kid was nothing more that a turd to be ignored.

Instead of worrying about whether the cop was legally parked or not.. How about we focus on the fact that the cop pulled an attitude on a kid who knew more about his legal authority as a citizen than most of the adults here?

The true focus of this whole video isn't whether the cop was legally parked or not. The whole focus is.... The cop was totally wrong to just use his authority as a big shot cop to try to brush off the kid.

And I am dismayed that folks would attack the kid for having the balls to stand up and confront the cop! I mean... wouldn't any of you law abiding believers in the rule of law have done the same thing?

Disclaimer: I am indebted to a few honorable cops who took it upon themselves, a couple of them on their own time, to assist me during a very bad time with a for real dangerous felon. I am NOT anti cop! I am now, have always been, and always will be... anti arsehole regardless of uniform or lack thereof.

A uniform does NOT a hero make.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123