Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine. - Page 10
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 211

Thread: Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine.

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    And we all know what experts on the 2nd amendment New York attorneys are!
    Anything you'd care to cite on that? My best friend is a constitutional attorney and contributor to Fox News, CNN and HLN. NY has among the top attorneys in America. Bad gun laws aren't the fault of attorneys; this fight has already been made at the federal circuit court level where the liberal judge ruled people have no rights. That was a federal judge, not a NYS judge. What's a population to do.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  2.   
  3. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    After the threats Cuomo used to arm-twist this provision became public, and considering the public response (all but tree counties passed resolutions condemning the law) he won't be getting any more gun laws passed. And the seven round rule is the subject of numerous court actions with NRA $$ backing. Now I own land in western N.C. but am not comfortable with the laws there or in the "direction" laws are going. As far as in my own home? I can carry what I want. No one can get in to know. It's not a crime to violate the seven-round rule in your home.
    What specifically galls you about the laws in NC?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

  4. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    There is a great video depicting a guy whom is a victim of a home invasion, he has an semi auto pistol that has a 7 round mag, BG one breaks in and it takes 5 shots to put him down and then one more to end his threatening posture, then BG 2 breaks in and the GG wing him with his one last round, it doesn't end well for the GG or his wife and daughter. Either you are very naive or an anti gun troll, regardless of which one you are please stick around, and if you aren't too argumentative we'll try to educate you
    Let me try a little education...
    .
    Forget videos, anecdotal reports and "what if" scenarios. Real situations have no time for analysis. Consider three bad guys or even four in a home invasion. So much for the 17 round mag too! In your own home ignore the 7-round rule. Load-up. Survive the fight. It's not a crime it's merely a violation, a ticket-able offense.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    What specifically galls you about the laws in NC?
    It is illegal to carry in any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission, in any establishment where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed, in any building used for court purposes, in a law enforcement or correctional facility, in a building housing only state, federal or government office, in any financial institution, in any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any public place owned or under the control of the state or any of its political subdivisions. These are all legal in NYS.
    .
    Can't carry into a bank? That's one of the places I most need protection... carrying money. Can't carry into a restaurant? Consider Luby's Café in TX some years back. A parade? A funeral procession? C'mon, that's absurd.
    .
    Some years ago I bought a nice parcel of land in the blue ridge mountains where I could retire, free from the NYC liberal mindset. Then I find I can't go to a restaurant or a bank without breaking the law. It concerns me because as I get older I'll be less able to defend myself against a younger person. I'd like to move there now but can't escape the real-state trap in NYS right now. I plan to build a stone/log/glass home on 62 acres, hopefully before I croak.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    After the threats Cuomo used to arm-twist this provision became public, and considering the public response (all but tree counties passed resolutions condemning the law) he won't be getting any more gun laws passed. And the seven round rule is the subject of numerous court actions with NRA $$ backing. Now I own land in western N.C. but am not comfortable with the laws there or in the "direction" laws are going. And Bloomberg has nothing to do with NYS laws.
    .
    As far as in my own home? I can carry what I want. No one can get in to know. And it's not a crime to violate the seven-round rule in your home anyway. It's a ticket, answerable by mail.
    So you can be fined for having more than 7 rounds in your own home, on your own property. Tell me more about your freedoms in NY. How absurd, you can strap on a holster and parade around your home nekid, with nothing but a gunbelt, but once you put the 8th round in the magazine, you have broken a rule. Answerable by mail, I assume is code for "enclose a personal check", for how much?

    True bloomberg has no political authority outside of NYC, but he certainly has political sway and a lot of money he is willing to spend to rid the state of guns.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  7. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    So you can be fined for having more than 7 rounds in your own home, on your own property. Tell me more about your freedoms in NY. How absurd, you can strap on a holster and parade around your home nekid, with nothing but a gunbelt, but once you put the 8th round in the magazine, you have broken a rule. Answerable by mail, I assume is code for "enclose a personal check", for how much?

    True bloomberg has no political authority outside of NYC, but he certainly has political sway and a lot of money he is willing to spend to rid the state of guns.
    Explain how I'm in trouble for 10 rounds in my home. Who will enter my home and count the rounds in my mags? Despite the seven round law outside the home, seven rounds on my hip at the bank or a restaurant (plus another mag = 14) beats 100 rounds out in the car. THAT... is the worst kind of gun control... denying you the ability to have the gun at all.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  8. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    THAT... is the worst kind of gun control... denying you the ability to have the gun at all.
    this is some odd hang up that you have, most states DO NOT have any more location prohibitions than NY does and those of us lucky to live in Free America don't need to go beg the local coppers for a permission slip for every handgun they care to purchase!.
    you people up north have been getting crapped on for so long you've forgotten what fresh air smells like

  9. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    this is some odd hang up that you have, most states DO NOT have any more location prohibitions than NY does and those of us lucky to live in Free America don't need to go beg the local coppers for a permission slip for every handgun they care to purchase!.
    you people up north have been getting crapped on for so long you've forgotten what fresh air smells like
    Hang-up? It's probably the most important issue facing numerous states right now. It's happening in more than NY.
    .
    It's very simple and you need only ask yourself this; would you rather have 7 on your hip and 7 in your pocket than 17 in the car. If the answer is yes then it's the end of the issue. That's it. There is no argument. I teach the NYS penal law so this is not some armchair opinion. There simply aren't laws prohibiting carry in places where you might most need the gun. Now if you have to leave the gun in the car you live in a state with significant gun control laws. If you can take it with you then the laws are not obstructing your ability to protect yourself.
    .
    And this permission slip you speak of is nothing of the kind. It's not denied. There is no limit to the number of handguns one can own and I've not seen a denial, ever, in all the years I've been teaching. Never heard of it, anywhere. And in your line of thinking, anyone who must go to the coppers for that little CCW permit is getting crapped-on as well. Well a very large percentage of those carrying a gun have that little CCW in their wallet. Thus, we're ALL getting crapped-on.
    .
    It gives me a headache to see a poster come on a NYS forum with zippo knowledge of the state's gun laws and pass judgment based on some ill-perceived understanding.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  10. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    And we all know what experts on the 2nd amendment New York attorneys are!
    Anything you'd care to cite on that? My best friend is a constitutional attorney and contributor to Fox News, CNN and HLN. NY has among the top attorneys in America. Bad gun laws aren't the fault of attorneys; this fight has already been made at the federal circuit court level where the liberal judge ruled people have no rights. That was a federal judge, not a NYS judge. What's a population to do.
    I was being facetious. I know one good tort attorney too. That doesn't make them all good. I'm sure there are good attorneys in New York who are knowledgeable 2nd amendment supporters. I'm also sure they'd all tell you that New York isn't well known across the nation for that. Ronald Reagan came out of California, but California isn't exactly known as a great source of conservatives, now is it? I wasn't slighting your friend.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  11. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    It is illegal to carry in any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission, in any establishment where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed, in any building used for court purposes, in a law enforcement or correctional facility, in a building housing only state, federal or government office, in any financial institution, in any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any public place owned or under the control of the state or any of its political subdivisions. These are all legal in NYS.
    .
    Can't carry into a bank? That's one of the places I most need protection... carrying money. Can't carry into a restaurant? Consider Luby's Café in TX some years back. A parade? A funeral procession? C'mon, that's absurd.
    .
    Some years ago I bought a nice parcel of land in the blue ridge mountains where I could retire, free from the NYC liberal mindset. Then I find I can't go to a restaurant or a bank without breaking the law. It concerns me because as I get older I'll be less able to defend myself against a younger person. I'd like to move there now but can't escape the real-state trap in NYS right now. I plan to build a stone/log/glass home on 62 acres, hopefully before I croak.
    Some good news then, banks have been taken of the blanket no carry list. They can still post signs, of course. Restaurant carry is actually in the works right now and it may pass this year ;-)
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast