Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine. - Page 14
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I agree that the 7 limit is stupid. But it is the law. I've heard lots of blowhards claim how they will not follow the law. If you won't follow the law, then you are a criminal who shouldn't own a firearm.
    Need I remind you that the great men who founded this country and wrote the constitution were all "criminals?"

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Well there is hope then ;-)
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Any information as to why the DA opted not to prosecute?

Just curious as to whether its due to a specific case related technicality or if he sees major flaws in the law and will decline to prosecute all SAFE Act cases.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Bad (stupid) laws are not overturned by sheep complying, they are overturned by citizens rebuking the law.
    not quite right, bad laws are either overturned by the courts or by the people who elect new lawmakers who will either repeal or modify the bad law. Taking the law into your own hands, deciding on your own which law to follow and which law to ignore is not the way to do things and could get you into a heap of trouble.
    FWIW: what this prosecutor is doing is wrong as well, it is not his call what laws he will or will not prosecute, he should be removed from office

The Columbia County D.A.feels that this is a bad law and has decided not to prosecute. I think he is within his official rights to decline to prosecute the case. Certainly, the D.A. in nearby Albany County, made a similar choice last year in declining to bring charges, or prosecute any of the "Occupy" people arrested for violations of the law. However, I am certain Mr. Soares, of Albany County would persecute(I know the correct term is prosecute, but Soares is extremely anti gun)any such case to the fullest extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    it is the law until someone gets it thrown out as being unconstitutional. the supremes have already ruled that some "reasonable" restrictions can be placed on the issuance of carry permits. there needs to be a test case or a few to determine what is and ins't reasonable. as for the search, according to the report I saw the gun was visible, on the seat, in NY that is PC to check the weapon.
    Lets agree to disagree. When I am a licensed CCW holder and I am carrying, I am doing nothing wrong. If I am doing nothing wrong the police have no right to mess with me or my gun. If I am stopped for a tail light out and arrested, the cop can have my car towed and must inventory the car. At that point he can inventory the gun seize it for safe keeping as my property and the while unloading he could or could not count the rounds as part of the inventory. If he does and finds nine then he can add the extra charge.
    MY guess is he improperly took the gun took out the mag and counted the bullets. Then made the arrest.
    Prosecutor says Nope no indictment for you. You violated the mans rights with and illegal search. You may want to get a lawyer.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

FWIW: what this prosecutor is doing is wrong as well, it is not his call what laws he will or will not prosecute, he should be removed from office
    Prosecutor s refuse to issue warrant or indictments every day in every city in the county. If the case is weak or questionable because the cops didn't do everything right, BOOM no issue. Next case! Been there done that.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I agree that the 7 limit is stupid. But it is the law. I've heard lots of blowhards claim how they will not follow the law. If you won't follow the law, then you are a criminal who shouldn't own a firearm.
    Obviously spoken (written) by someone who has no clue what a "Law" is..... If it doesnt line up with the constitution (Why is "Shall NOT be Infringed" sooooooooooooo hard for these idiots to understand?) then it is NOT AN ACTUAL "LAW" So... common sense would dictate that NOT FOLLOWING IT would NOT be Breaking a "Law"

not quite right, bad laws are either overturned by the courts or by the people who elect new lawmakers who will either repeal or modify the bad law. Taking the law into your own hands, deciding on your own which law to follow and which law to ignore is not the way to do things and could get you into a heap of trouble.
    But they are never challenged until someone breaks the law. Look at all the case laws, it is almost always 'government' vs. 'Joe Citizen'

DC vs. Heller
    Florida vs. J.L.
    Bailey vs. U.S.
    Terry vs. Ohio
    and hundreds more
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Obviously spoken (written) by someone who has no clue what a "Law" is.....
    Not obviously. NOGODS is an attorney.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast