Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine. - Page 8
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 211

Thread: Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine.

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by UATKP View Post
    Go ahead and sling your BS on the forum, tough guy. You are surely not so bravely stupid in person.
    I'll live my life in Liberty, and you go ahead and bend over and take it for peace at any cost.
    more talk and BS, you never answered the question tough guy, do you carry your weapon with or with out your state of tx issued permission slip.

  2.   
  3. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Took a look at your state's laws. Here's where they leave you exposed...
    .
    The license does not authorize the carrying of a handgun in a sports arena or stadium, a tavern where the primary source of income is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass consumed on the premises, any property or facility owned or operated by a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship,An entertainment facility that the individual knows or should know has a seating capacity of 2,500 or more, a hospital, a casino, etc.
    .
    Do you understand that in NY people are not restricted in any of the ways underlined above? I even check my gun at the courthouse hen I'm there. Seems you are much more restricted than NY. Do you understand that you are being prohibited from carrying a firearm in many places where you may need it to save your life? Ever heard of Luby's Café (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_massacre)? Well, 7 on my hip in NY beats a gun in the car in MI. As I said in a prior post, people aren't being realistic or truthful with themselves regarding their own state.
    Actually I am very realistic and truthful with my state and myself.
    I don't patronize those places where I am not allowed to carry, In the RARE chance I need to, I always plan to have either 1 extra person with me who carry's waiting outside, or in case of the courts - which I rarely need to visit. I know there are at least 3-4 cops in the building and more in the station next door. So I rarely worry about my safety at court.

    Not sure how often you go to court, or to other places where I might be restricted.. But Since I never bother to go to them - I dont have to worry about some stupid law that says I cant carry..
    Which by the way Only counts to concealed carry - Technically I can OPEN carry at those same places with NO problems (unless they ask me to leave) soo I could tuck my shirt in instead of leave it un-tucked like I do now.. so Open carry instead of concealed = Instant qualification with the letter of the law.. (I can even Open carry in Gun free zones too)

    So yeh you can sit there and say NY is nice cause they allow you to carry 7 rounds in places where I cant conceal.. But Ill tell you I can Open carry in those same places so long as no sign is posted.. I can also say.. that, MI and other states unlike NY and California/etc - is actually trying to loosen the laws.. Prior to the Newtown shooting - the "gun free zone" limitations was being stricken from the books for CPL holders here in MI.. But because of the uproar that event caused, it was vetoed, however its still gonna be coming up again before end of year, if not, then next year for sure. So while NY is going more strict.. MI is becoming less strict..

    As for the Luby thing.. Well I read the story, seem to remember some news coverage (this happened when I was 13-14ish) And based on your wiki link she choose to leave it in the car. If I remember the story correctly though - she left it because the people she was with asked her too or something like that. Which she probably regrets to this day.

    Also the restriction isn't on regular restaurants - only ones whose primary source of income is the sale of liqueur - Which means BARs, and places people go to drink and Not eat the food. I don't drink alcohol so i don't go to bars.. I have been in restaurants that do serve alcohol (steak houses / etc) - Ive even carried in those places with no problems. Ive spoken with both Police and CPL instructors who admit those places are not part of the laws intent, since most of the money they get is from food sales. (steaks)

    I can say more to churches/hospitals/casinos/etc but since I rarely go to any of those places.. It doesn't matter..
    Everywhere I do have to go, I generally carry concealed, Ive never been asked to leave, or confronted by anyone.. When I have Open carried, ive never had any issues either. But since I can easily conceal - what they don't know, don't hurt them. :)

    With that.. Id still rather live in MI then be anywhere near NY/CA/IL or any place that is soo stupid with anti 2A laws.
    Oh that reminds me.. Can you own Suppressors in NY? or NFA weapons? or anything that was banned by your Bloomberg retard?
    cause in MI if I get the ATF tax stamp, our Governor says its same as a license to own.. so i can get suppressors/Class 3/etc so long as i can afford to get the ATF stamp (on top of the cost to buy the suppressor/etc)

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunewolf View Post
    Actually I am very realistic and truthful with my state and myself.
    I don't patronize those places where I am not allowed to carry, In the RARE chance I need to, I always plan to have either 1 extra person with me who carry's waiting outside, or in case of the courts - which I rarely need to visit. I know there are at least 3-4 cops in the building and more in the station next door. So I rarely worry about my safety at court.

    Not sure how often you go to court, or to other places where I might be restricted.. But Since I never bother to go to them - I dont have to worry about some stupid law that says I cant carry..
    Which by the way Only counts to concealed carry - Technically I can OPEN carry at those same places with NO problems (unless they ask me to leave) soo I could tuck my shirt in instead of leave it un-tucked like I do now.. so Open carry instead of concealed = Instant qualification with the letter of the law.. (I can even Open carry in Gun free zones too)

    So yeh you can sit there and say NY is nice cause they allow you to carry 7 rounds in places where I cant conceal.. But Ill tell you I can Open carry in those same places so long as no sign is posted.. I can also say.. that, MI and other states unlike NY and California/etc - is actually trying to loosen the laws.. Prior to the Newtown shooting - the "gun free zone" limitations was being stricken from the books for CPL holders here in MI.. But because of the uproar that event caused, it was vetoed, however its still gonna be coming up again before end of year, if not, then next year for sure. So while NY is going more strict.. MI is becoming less strict..

    As for the Luby thing.. Well I read the story, seem to remember some news coverage (this happened when I was 13-14ish) And based on your wiki link she choose to leave it in the car. If I remember the story correctly though - she left it because the people she was with asked her too or something like that. Which she probably regrets to this day.

    Also the restriction isn't on regular restaurants - only ones whose primary source of income is the sale of liqueur - Which means BARs, and places people go to drink and Not eat the food. I don't drink alcohol so i don't go to bars.. I have been in restaurants that do serve alcohol (steak houses / etc) - Ive even carried in those places with no problems. Ive spoken with both Police and CPL instructors who admit those places are not part of the laws intent, since most of the money they get is from food sales. (steaks)

    I can say more to churches/hospitals/casinos/etc but since I rarely go to any of those places.. It doesn't matter..
    Everywhere I do have to go, I generally carry concealed, Ive never been asked to leave, or confronted by anyone.. When I have Open carried, ive never had any issues either. But since I can easily conceal - what they don't know, don't hurt them. :)

    With that.. Id still rather live in MI then be anywhere near NY/CA/IL or any place that is soo stupid with anti 2A laws.
    Oh that reminds me.. Can you own Suppressors in NY? or NFA weapons? or anything that was banned by your Bloomberg retard?
    cause in MI if I get the ATF tax stamp, our Governor says its same as a license to own.. so i can get suppressors/Class 3/etc so long as i can afford to get the ATF stamp (on top of the cost to buy the suppressor/etc)
    In NY we can't open carry and I personally wouldn't OC anyway. But I frequent all those limited places regularly. Though I don't regularly carry a gun I have the freedom to do so. Regarding NY... it's not Bloomberg. That's NYC not NYS. Completely different laws. But regarding Bloomy I'd have to agree with you.
    .
    But the reason for my post was to show that every single state providing a CCW permits violates our rights in one manner or anther. And it's not consistent. It changes from state to state.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    more talk and BS, you never answered the question tough guy, do you carry your weapon with or with out your state of tx issued permission slip.
    I'm not answering your prying questions, a-hole. It is none of your freaking business; and I won't admit to breaking any unconstitutional laws or constitutional laws on any gun forum. Read my posts; stupid I am not. And I am not a BSer. Should I ever have to face "authority", so-called or real, I will do so without worry or bending over because I make my own decisions as a free man.
    I stated facts. I am a free man, and I live in Liberty. I will exercise my rights as I see fit, and it doesn't make a bit of difference to me what you or anyone else says about it. You can jump to any conclusion you like, that's your prerogative. You may have a differing opinion, and may not agree with my opinion, and because of that you decide to disparage me. Your posts on this forum are usually an attempt to antagonize and disparage other opinions, seemingly because you have way too high an opinion of yourself. You may now kiss where the sun don't shine. You'll be on my ignore list from here on out.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

  6. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Took a look at your state's laws. Here's where they leave you exposed...
    But in my state, bills are advancing that are changing some of this, i.e. moving in a positive direction for gun owners, and where CHP holders will be able to carry.

    Now which direction are the laws going in NY? Do you really think with Cuome and Bloomberg on their feeding frenzy of removing gun rights that you should feel so arrogantly cocky about where you can carry 7?

    How many can you legally carry in your own home?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  7. #76
    WELL MOST laws are stupid bud my .380 holds 7in the clip. I feel if u need more that that to defend yourself then u don't need to carry. pending there are not more then 5 people threatening your life.

  8. #77
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    My tiny thought on the seven round limit....

    I would just upgrade to a .45 cal pistol and be done with it. I would not feel under gunned with one and a couple of extra mags.

    Just my .02 cents..


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  9. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I don't get the outrage!.......
    Want to clue us in on what you were talking about? There were three posts prior to yours and there was no outrage in them.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Unconstitutional? Where in the constitution does it protect a given number of round a gun can hold? Most NY attorneys agree that the seven-round rule isn't getting overturned on constitutionality.
    And we all know what experts on the 2nd amendment New York attorneys are!
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Here's the rub... and few people are getting it. This isn't about NYS or a seven-round mag rule. This is about nearly each and every state violating our rights in one form or another. Every state, without exception, who issues a CCW permit also has provisions in law to violate your rights. People rant about how good their state is and then must leave the gun in the car when banking, at church, in a hospital, in a restaurant, doctor's office, public transportation, etc. You're all taking it in the rear in some way but no one will acknowledge the problems in their own state. While NY did enact this vey stupid seven round law other states have enacted much stricter laws that disallow the actual carrying of the gun in certain places. That is the worst kind of gun control. Every state that issues a CCW permit also has legal provisions for denying or revoking the permit. None of it based on the strict construction view of the constitution.
    I don't think people aren't getting it. They're just addressing the particular stupidity of this specific statute. I don't think anyone here discounts or ignores the existence or stupidity of statutes all across this country.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  10. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by joeygunz239 View Post
    WELL MOST laws are stupid bud my .380 holds 7in the clip. I feel if u need more that that to defend yourself then u don't need to carry. pending there are not more then 5 people threatening your life.
    Good luck with that, and I hope your never find yourself in the situation, where you say "damn, 7 shots from a .380 didn't stop 4 or 5 home invaders, and I really wish I had more bullets in my magazine.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  11. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Unless you are admitted to the bar no one really gives a damn about your opinion on the Constitutionality of this or any other law.

    I don’t care for this law but the fact is it is the law and unless you’re willing to die fighting “the man” (and don’t tell me you are because the fact that you’re reading this is prima facie evidence that you’re not) you have no choice but to abide by it and use the political process to attempt to overturn it.

    As for the police not enforcing it do you really want the cops deciding which laws they enforce and which they don’t ?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast